Update Android pie

Search This thread

jonytestXD

Sep 21, 2011
Applying the RETBR rom doesn't work, the software channel is still unchanged.
I think the best option is to wait for a Pie factory image to flash with fastboot, or somehow flash the OTA zip via fastboot.

well, so better wait , hoping not take so many time , i've waited fot Pie so many time . thanks for the info

Pedro Gomes

Dec 24, 2014
Foz do Iguaçu
how to get a flashall or commands for files extracted from OTA?

Hello. After a lot of work, I was able to extract the payload.bin file, but I realized that the extracted files are totally different from the Oreo firmware. Does anyone know the commands needed to flash these files? Attached is the image with the file names extracted from payload.bin. Thank you very much for the help!

Last edited:
Reactions: 742296024

mariosjaque

Oct 11, 2016
Hello. After a lot of work, I was able to extract the payload.bin file, but I realized that the extracted files are totally different from the Oreo firmware. Does anyone know the commands needed to flash these files? Attached is the image with the file names extracted from payload.bin. Thank you very much for the help!
The bootloader and logo images are incremental (BSDIFF4 patches). It is currently unknown how to use these.
bluetooth.img, boot.img, modem.img, oem.img and system.img are full, and should be flashable with fastboot or Moto fastboot, but they aren't enough. The bootloader seems to have some changes with the new version, so it is needed and without the updates it doesn't boot.

Reactions: Pedro Gomes

solocchi

Dec 15, 2011

Hello. What program did you use to extract the files from the bin file? I can not do it. Thank you.

MateuszB

Jul 12, 2019
I try this way:
htt ps://thedroidarena.com/extract-payload-bin-android-update-file/

My output file list:
htt ps://drive.google.com/open?id=1PzVVrZo8c3Vt6Su39LkcfJBiRJVDeSZ5

It’s sh** does not work.
This is all another brazilian deception.
Or maybe it's the Chinese under the guise of Brazilians make us fools.

Reactions: ilia3367

mariosjaque

Oct 11, 2016
If anyone is trying to flash the OTA manually via fastboot, please wait for a full system image to be available. The OTA zip is not flashable via fastboot (even if it's extracted, some important files are partial) and it cannot be applied via the recovery if the device isn't the Brazilian variant

mariosjaque

Oct 11, 2016
But brazilians should be able to flash ota manually?

If yes, all the files? In any specific order?
First, make sure you're completely stock (unrooted, no TWRP/Magisk/Xposed/etc. if you're not stock, you may flash one of the software images from here using fastboot)
If the phone is using stock software (it doesn't matter if the bootloader is locked or not), just reboot to recovery and sideload the full OTA zip via adb.

Reactions: reinamesa

carlos way

Aug 28, 2014
Villavicencio
First, make sure you're completely stock (unrooted, no TWRP/Magisk/Xposed/etc. if you're not stock, you may flash one of the software images from here using fastboot)
If the phone is using stock software (it doesn't matter if the bootloader is locked or not), just reboot to recovery and sideload the full OTA zip via adb.

How u can install this ? Please step by step I have retla I can on retla

Top Liked Posts