[UPDATE]Awesome MOD enable/switch easily multiprofile in Leaked MI6 (android 4.3)

Search This thread

ravijani

• Jan 19, 2013
    How to do it exactly...

First Method using ADB/Terminal Emulator

1) you need to flash stock rom from here N7100 Note 2 4.3 Leak MI6 Download

2) then root it from dr.ketan's thread Here

3) set up google account and download android terminal emulator (totally free) from here :
    Android Terminal Emulator

4) write down this without any brackets...

su
    pm get-max-users (should show 1)
    setprop fw.max_users (some number above 2)
    pm create-user (username here)

5) now go to setting and see users will be enabled in """more""" tab (((((((( Settings>>more>>users>> ))))))

6) then you'll be switched to that account and start again setting up whole phone as it was when flashed stock..

7) voila you have multi user restricted.

8) no knox on secondary users... happy :D :D

9) Reboot takes you to admin accont. you can also manage profile with ""TASKER"" or any other app specailly like profile switchers if any not seen you can contribute.. or script

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Method:

::::::::::::::::::::::: AlterNative Using App :::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    you can also use this awesome app :::::
    SwitchMe Multiple Accounts

its damn too awesome... evaluating it right now...
    its good too but gives all users all settings you can restrict it too just use that app and donate if you like.​

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

::::::::::::: Update:::::::::::::
    ::::::::::::: Switch Multi user from lockscreen:::::::::::::

Es File Explorer and create a new file and name it "users.sh". Edit it with a text editor and type

Code:
    [SIZE="6"]#!system/bin/sh
    setprop fw.max_users 5
    [/SIZE]

Save after this of course as "users.sh"

then go to terminal emulator and type
    Code:
    [SIZE="6"]su
    chmod 755 /storage/emulated/0/users.sh[/SIZE]

Assuming the path to "users.sh" is " /storage/emulated/0/users.sh"

Next, open Script Manager and click Browse as root.
    Navigate to "users.sh" through the Script manager.
    Once "users.sh" is found, click on it. Then make sure "is script" is ticked and the icon for superuser and run at boot are lit up.
    GO ahead and hit save and you should be done.

All this is assuming you already have at least one more user other than primary already setup.
    This will set the Users tab in settings to come up everytime your phone boots up.

REMEMBER TO SWITCH USERS ON 4.2 YOU MUST HAVE Auto-ROTATE ENABLED AND ROTATE YOUR LOCKSCREEN TO LANDSCAPE

or use this app..
    4.2 multiple user enabler root
    everytime run it after reboot wont take time but you ll get what u want in settings and lockscreen.

source : Go to there
    thnanks : dr.ketan , rayblo , wagnervaz , And Trái Tim leaked to us by VN forum
    and so many others... sorry if i forgot anybody else's name.
    also switching by monstaX

Last edited:

buzzworkers

Dec 26, 2010
    Brussels
    www.buzzworkers.com
    su

These instructions seems NOT to work for this rom from DrKetan
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2472270

su works fine
    pm get-max-users (should show 1) show 1
    setprop fw.max_users (some number above 2) i set 4
    if i do this : pm get-max-users now my max users is 4

tricky part start here : pm create-user myuser
    return me this : Killed

if i go to the settings / more / users i can see there is the new user menu
    if i use the GUI to add new users, the same behavior happen, device just vibrate twice and kill the app
    then when i reboot the whole process is gone, users is nowhere to be seen and i have to start back from begining to get the users appear in the settings more menu.

i feel i'm missing something or maybe this method is not totally adapted for this pre-rooted rom ? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2472270

I dont like the second method SwitchMe Multiple Accounts because it does not behave like android 4.3 multi user feature is intended to work
    seems to create some kind of new partition for each user, and by re installing each app even though they are already installed in the root user.

any help to have multi user on this pre-rooted stock android 4.3 rom working fine would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      How to do it exactly...

First Method using ADB/Terminal Emulator

1) you need to flash stock rom from here N7100 Note 2 4.3 Leak MI6 Download

2) then root it from dr.ketan's thread Here

3) set up google account and download android terminal emulator (totally free) from here :
      Android Terminal Emulator

4) write down this without any brackets...

su

5) now go to setting and see users will be enabled in """more""" tab (((((((( Settings>>more>>users>> ))))))

6) then you'll be switched to that account and start again setting up whole phone as it was when flashed stock..

7) voila you have multi user restricted.

8) no knox on secondary users... happy :D :D

9) Reboot takes you to admin accont. you can also manage profile with ""TASKER"" or any other app specailly like profile switchers if any not seen you can contribute.. or script

Second Method:

::::::::::::::::::::::: AlterNative Using App :::::::::::::::::::::::::::
      you can also use this awesome app :::::
      SwitchMe Multiple Accounts

its damn too awesome... evaluating it right now...
      its good too but gives all users all settings you can restrict it too just use that app and donate if you like.​

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

::::::::::::: Update:::::::::::::
      ::::::::::::: Switch Multi user from lockscreen:::::::::::::

Es File Explorer and create a new file and name it "users.sh". Edit it with a text editor and type

Code:
      [SIZE="6"]#!system/bin/sh
      setprop fw.max_users 5
      [/SIZE]

Save after this of course as "users.sh"

then go to terminal emulator and type
      Code:
      [SIZE="6"]su
      chmod 755 /storage/emulated/0/users.sh[/SIZE]

Assuming the path to "users.sh" is " /storage/emulated/0/users.sh"

Next, open Script Manager and click Browse as root.
      Navigate to "users.sh" through the Script manager.
      Once "users.sh" is found, click on it. Then make sure "is script" is ticked and the icon for superuser and run at boot are lit up.
      GO ahead and hit save and you should be done.

All this is assuming you already have at least one more user other than primary already setup.
      This will set the Users tab in settings to come up everytime your phone boots up.

REMEMBER TO SWITCH USERS ON 4.2 YOU MUST HAVE Auto-ROTATE ENABLED AND ROTATE YOUR LOCKSCREEN TO LANDSCAPE

or use this app..
      4.2 multiple user enabler root
      everytime run it after reboot wont take time but you ll get what u want in settings and lockscreen.

source : Go to there
      thnanks : dr.ketan , rayblo , wagnervaz , And Trái Tim leaked to us by VN forum
      and so many others... sorry if i forgot anybody else's name.
      also switching by monstaX
      Thanx
      Link added to mod thread

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
      sorry but what is multiprofile for??
      are this like Guest Mode on LG??
      2 user can use phone but admin can restrict other created user..
      for dirty friends.

adn dont know about guest mode .. will have to search.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone