Update BLN-L22C675 from EMUI 5.X.X to EMUI 8.0 (with VOLTE)- Noob Friendly

tanaybitw

Aug 27, 2017
I tried dload method with BLN-L22C675B320 and with BLN-L22C675B340 FULL OTA downloaded from pro-teammt website, extracted the "download" file to the dload folder on the sd card but the update procedure does not start and I get an error message "software install failed", what am i doing wrong?
try formatting the External SD card first into XFAT, then copy the dload folder into it and then try installing again

teical

Sep 18, 2016
try formatting the External SD card first into XFAT, then copy the dload folder into it and then try installing again
thanks for the tip but that did not help: somehow no matter what the dload method is not working anymore on my phone, what alternative method should i try?

don_looney

Jun 13, 2011
OTA is not working

Hi and thanks for the detailed tutorial

I rebranded my honor 6x to BLN-L22 and updated to EMUI 8.0 with this tutorial. But TWRP couldnt made a backup and showed internal storage with 0 MB. I tried different TWRP. The last TWRP installation bricked my device and I couldnt wipe the cache.
So I did the hole update process again because my device could open TWRP. Now iam on stock EMUI 8.0 from this tutorial. I want to get OTA working but its not working right now.
I even locked the bootloader and tried OTA but its not working.

Now iam on Stock EMUI8.0 with locked bootloader. What can I do to get OTA working.

lucsi

Oct 1, 2006
Hi and thanks for the detailed tutorial

I rebranded my honor 6x to BLN-L22 and updated to EMUI 8.0 with this tutorial. But TWRP couldnt made a backup and showed internal storage with 0 MB. I tried different TWRP. The last TWRP installation bricked my device and I couldnt wipe the cache.
So I did the hole update process again because my device could open TWRP. Now iam on stock EMUI 8.0 from this tutorial. I want to get OTA working but its not working right now.
I even locked the bootloader and tried OTA but its not working.

Now iam on Stock EMUI8.0 with locked bootloader. What can I do to get OTA working.
No more update from Huawei bro. Dont wait for any OTA.
Or you can try to update to Android 10.

Reactions: don_looney

nokiasatyam

Feb 1, 2011
Finally updated to OREO using your guide.....perfectly working......I had a fear wether JIO VOLTE will work or not after seeing some comments........but JIO VOLTE working perfectly and no bugs at all.......thanks guys for the guide

shashank1320

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2015
Delhi
Finally updated to OREO using your guide.....perfectly working......I had a fear wether JIO VOLTE will work or not after seeing some comments........but JIO VOLTE working perfectly and no bugs at all.......thanks guys for the guide
yes JIO volte will work, It was not there on my phone earlier but with EMUI 8 it worked fine. Glad it worked fine for you as well

MEHDI2M

Jul 12, 2020
hello and thanks so much for this good tutorial

I can successfully update to BLN-L22 8.0.0.510(C675)

I have 2 question now :
1- how can I update to 8.0.0.520 and what is change log for this version ??
2-how can Install TWRP again?? Because after update to emui 8 I can't install TWRP Recovery using Multi Tool

Thanks so much

shashank1320

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2015
Delhi
hello and thanks so much for this good tutorial

I can successfully update to BLN-L22 8.0.0.510(C675)

I have 2 question now :
1- how can I update to 8.0.0.520 and what is change log for this version ??
2-how can Install TWRP again?? Because after update to emui 8 I can't install TWRP Recovery using Multi Tool

Thanks so much
Not much difference in both the version.

There is EMUI 8 twrp but that may cause issues as have seen with few users. Check in rom section.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

nokiasatyam

Feb 1, 2011
I have been enjoying this EMUI 8 from 1 year.....suddenly overnight when i woke up my phone's screen is stuck at "your phone is unlocked and risk" like something is showing and under your phone is booting up......it is stuck on this from long time and battery gets trained.....I am not able to boot into recovery as I use the button combinations it again loads into same screen.....Only I am able to boot into fastboot by connecting to computer and Vol - and Power button.....please guide me how to boot or flash again stock
I tried these methods...1) dload method- nothing happens stuck on same screen
2) any other method depends on flashing twrp or ercovery....recovery gets flashed successfully but it doesnt boot into recovery

Please please guide me....I have lots of photos in that phone which are important

nokiasatyam

Feb 1, 2011
I have been enjoying this EMUI 8 from 1 year.....suddenly overnight when i woke up my phone's screen is stuck at "your phone is unlocked and risk" like something is showing and under your phone is booting up......it is stuck on this from long time and battery gets trained.....I am not able to boot into recovery as I use the button combinations it again loads into same screen.....Only I am able to boot into fastboot by connecting to computer and Vol - and Power button.....please guide me how to boot or flash again stock
I tried these methods...1) dload method- nothing happens stuck on same screen
2) any other method depends on flashing twrp or ercovery....recovery gets flashed successfully but it doesnt boot into recovery

Please please guide me....I have lots of photos in that phone which are important
I have tried flashing all types of TWRP and stock recoveries and also flashing boot.imgs....all gets flashed but nothing changes as it boots into same screen....please