Update BLN-L22C675 from EMUI 5.X.X to EMUI 8.0 (with VOLTE)- Noob Friendly

Search This thread

shashank1320

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2015
Delhi
Hi Guys,

Note- if you are on BLN-L22C675 Nougat you can do this easily but if you are on other variants, you need to debrand first as per this guide- https://xdaforums.com/honor-6x/how-to/guide-debranding-to-india-variant-bln-t3679402

Some background-
So what I heard earlier that post China Oreo beta, other regions may not get it (via various unofficial channels and on XDA) its finally here, even though via firmware finder but it gives us a glimpse that beta or stable would be coming soon.

I had given my Honor 6X to my brother 6 months back and was using V10 since then but he came yesterday and I tried to enable VOLTE on that phone but was not working. Even though I debranded my Honor 6X from AL10 to BLN-L22 Indian version very easily (guide in my signature) but somehow I was not able to get VOLTE working. Yesterday I tried all the known methods till 2.30 AM My time but VOLTE was not working and I gave up but today morning again I tried and updated my phone to EMUI 8.0 (already kept one phone for my brother so that if something goes wrong, I will give a new one to him so that he can use atleast as he is leaving today)

As VOLTE was not working and I decided to update to Android 8.0 Indian version, I saw a screenshot in my Honor 6X Oreo update discussion thread and downloaded and flashed via HuRUpdater but failed last night and I recovered back to B340 and then updated to B365.

In this guide, I will provide detailed instruction on how to update your Nougat BLN-L22C675 Indian version of Honor 6X to Oreo. Process is simple and you just need patience while updating and post updating I verified, Jio, Vodafone VOLTE working (seems iDEA would work but no 4G in Delhi/NCR).

Prerequisites-

If you have not unlocked your your bootloader, please do so. You can refer this guide if not aware of the method-
Unlocking the bootloader-
  • Backup all your data as unlocking the bootloader will reset the device and all your data will be erased.
  • On windows machine, go to folder C:\adb or wherever you installed the adb drivers.
  • Press shift+right click together and select Open command prompt here (it will be open PowerShell here on Windows 8 and Windows 10 machine)
  • Run - adb reboot bootloader (this command may prompt for acceptance of RSA key if not already accepted)
  • This will boot the phone into bootloader mode.
  • Run - fastboot oem unlock <16 digit unlock code- Put your actual code you obtained from Huawei site > (This step will unlock the bootloader and will erase all your data)
  • Phone will restart automatically.

Installing TWRP
  • Once on the system, open the PowerShell or command prompt again in ADB folder (can use the previous instance as well)
  • Run -
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
  • Once in bootloader, Run
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-berlin.img
    (This will install the TWRP recovery for EMUI 5.0 on your phone)
  • Once done with the flashing the TWRP, Run
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

Actual Oreo update procedure
  • Once you have unlocked the bootloader, and installed TWRP recovery via command
  • Download the Oreo firmware given above in download link.
  • Download the HWOTA_BLN_Eng.zip from the link given above.
  • Unzip the HWOTA_BLN_Eng.zip file and move the extracted content (HWOTA_BLN_Eng folder) to adb folder of your PC.
  • Copy the downloaded Oreo firmware to C:\adb\HWOTA_BLN_Eng\HWOTA8_BLN\update\ folder.
  • Rename update_data_full_public.zip file to update_data_public.zip and update_full_BLN-L22_channel_in.zip to update_all_hw.zip, do not rename the update.zip.
    wOtmDyw.png
  • Boot to bootloader or fastboot mode. Keep your phone connected with PC.
  • Go to C:\adb\HWOTA_BLN_Eng\HWOTA8_BLN folder and run the update_eng.bat file and follow the on screen instructions.
    mH4BOiH.png

SriVOv1.png

2KQIbaz.png
  • The update_eng.bat will install the TWRP recovery and boot to TWRP (if not, you can remove USB and press power and volume up key and it will boot to TWRP, connect the USB again)
  • You will get prompt for update via SD card or script, select via script
  • You will get prompt for change region or change firmware, select change firmware.
  • It will automatically copy the content of C:\adb\HWOTA_BLN_Eng\HWOTA8_BLN\update, mainly those 3 zips and it will flash automatically.
  • You may see the update.zip file flashed as successful with no error but may see Error result [] for other 2 zips, dont worry that is expected.
  • Once flashed, it will automatically boot to Oreo without any issue and also it will ask if you want to relock your bootloader or keep this unlocked, this is your wish, I kept it unlocked and will be locked in future updates.
    FyA1b8l.png
  • Your Nougat data may remain the same as it was in my case but I would advise to go with Hisuite backup and TWRP backup.
  • If phone unable to boot, flash the stock recovery and make factory reset and boot normally, it should boot fine. (haven't encountered this issue though)
  • I did factory reset after booting and verifying to system. Everything was working fine but still I did just to avoid any issue or lag (even though no lags were seen)

About Phone info and VOLTE for Jio and Vodafone. iDEA VOLTE would work as well but there is no 4G in NCR.
Pxx8Dydl.png
Enjoy Oreo.

Update- anyone having issues with call recorder, turn off Google voice typing and recording will work fine.

Last edited:

shashank1320

May 26, 2015
Delhi
Changelog for - BLN-L22HN 8.0.0.510(C675CUSTC675D1)

Code:
[PHP][PHP]ANDROID 8.0[Oreo] upgrade with EMUI 8.0 is available for your device. This will upgrade your system BLN-L22HN 8.0.0.510(C675CUSTC675D1).

● VOLTE calls enabled for Vodafone,Idea and JIO.

● Call Recording feature has been added, and it has an ability to Records all your phone calls.

● EMUI 8.0 not only brings you the latest version of Android (8.0), it's also boosted with a lot of great features and improvements to make your device more intuitive, faster and safer. We highly recommend updating now.

● A new floating Navigation dock lets you perform frequently-used operations from anywhere on the screen. Newly added home screen shortcuts let you quickly access the app features you use most frequently. Simply touch and hold an app icon to display a shortcut menu.
● You can drag your navigation to  any where of screen once you enabled this brand-new feature.
● How to set:Go to Setting  > System > System navigation > Navigation dock Or drop down status bar > Navigation dock.

● Long-tap on parts of apps launcher icons, a shortcut menu will display. 
● You can Tap and drag a shortcut to pin it to the device's launcher. 
● Play Store, Settings, Gallery, Dialler, Contacts, Messaging, Camera, Email, Themes, Clock, Calendar, Notepad, Sound Recorder, Downloads etc. support the feature.

● Improved false touch protection functionality reduces unintended operations on the touch screen in a wider range of scenarios.

● Smart tips recommend you faster and smarter ways to operate your phone, appearing in specific usage scenarios and responding to your usage habits. 

● Contacts and Email now let you sync the career details of your LinkedIn contacts.

● Settings has been redesigned for clearer and more intuitive organization.

● Gallery new features a recycle bin that retains deleted photos for up to 30 days. Accidentally deleted photos can be restored with a single touch.

● Phone Manager has been simplified to make managing your device easier. Standard cleanups are faster and deep cleanups more thorough.

● Google security patches are merged to make your device more secure.

● Downloading over WiFi is recommended. and make sure that the remaining power is greater than 50%.
● This update will not erase your personal data, but it's recommended to backup all of your personal data, including phone book, text messages, emails etc. before updating.
●  Some third-party apps that are not compatible with Android 8.0 may function incorrectly after the update. It is recommended that you update these apps to their latest versions in the Google Play Store.
● Before upgrading, please ensure there is sufficient storage space for the update package on either the microSD card or the internal storage prior to proceeding with the update. Free storage space can be checked under system settings -> storage.
● During downloading upgrade package, the operation of the device will not be impacted. Please note, upgrade procedure need have some minutes to let device reboot and flashing. During flashing, the device is not available to be used.
● If you encounter any problems during the update, please contact the customer service hotline or visit an authorized Huawei service center for assistance which you can find.
● Your home screen layout may be rearranged slightly.
● This system version can be rolled back to the official version of EMUI 5.0 in Phone Manager. Rolling back the system version will erase your personal data. For more information, please contact the customer service hotline.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aditya Tondwalkar

shashank1320

May 26, 2015
Delhi
Internal storage shows as 0Mb. If I format data, Rom won't boot. I had to flash back stock recovery to factory reset and make it boot.
Flashing TWRP again shows 0Mb. Looks like a decryption issue.
May be TWRP is not compatible with Oreo yet. Have seen similar issues on V10. BTW given back the phone to bro and he left for Mumbai so I couldnt test and explore much but somehow I updated his phone to Oreo and then got VOLTE working as was struggling since long and even yesterday for around 8-10 hours.
Which stock recovery you used (extracted from update.zip or else)?

Last edited:

Ramesh006

Jan 15, 2014
which twrp u use ,plz give the link
bro viper4fx not working on oreo emui 8,plz help me for solving this

hwota will take care of twrp if you want twrp for oreo then flash twrp from elemental rom on development section.
don't flash viper or dolbyatmos they will corrupt system files and you have to install stock again via hwota8

shashank1320

May 26, 2015
Delhi
which twrp u use ,plz give the link
bro viper4fx not working on oreo emui 8,plz help me for solving this

These will evolve with time. we just got Oreo. may be some developer can port these. for TWRP, Ramesh answered your query above. I have not flash any TWRP or stock recovery. HWOTA Will do the needful and install TWRP during the process and flash the update.zips one by one without issue. Once all done, your phone will boot and you will have stock recovery.

rojanjoy01

Jan 18, 2014
hwota will take care of twrp if you want twrp for oreo then flash twrp from elemental rom on development section.
don't flash viper or dolbyatmos they will corrupt system files and you have to install stock again via hwota8

bro now i use elemental twrp which will not support mtp and tpg

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

bro now i use elemental twrp which will not support mtp and otg

vovan1982

Jul 18, 2017
Rostov-on-Don
Hi Guys,

Some background-

In this guide, I will provide detailed instruction on how to update your Nougat BLN-L22C675 Indian version of Honor 6X to Oreo. Process is simple and you just need patience while updating and post updating I verified, Jio, Vodafone VOLTE working (seems iDEA would work but no 4G in Delhi/NCR).

Prerequisites-

If you have not unlocked your your bootloader, please do so. You can refer this guide if not aware of the method-
  • Backup all your data as unlocking the bootloader will reset the device and all your data will be erased.
  • On windows machine, go to folder C:\adb or wherever you installed the adb drivers.
  • Press shift+right click together and select Open command prompt here (it will be open PowerShell here on Windows 8 and Windows 10 machine)
  • Run - adb reboot bootloader (this command may prompt for acceptance of RSA key if not already accepted)
  • Run - fastboot oem unlock <16 digit unlock code- Put your actual code you obtained from Huawei site > (This step will unlock the bootloader and will erase all your data)

• Once you have unlocked the bootloader, download the Oreo firmware given above in download link.
  • Unzip the HWOTA_BLN_Eng.zip file and move the extracted content (HWOTA_BLN_Eng folder) to adb folder of your PC.
  • Copy the downloaded Oreo firmware to C:\adb\HWOTA_BLN_Eng\HWOTA8_BLN\update\ folder.
  • Rename update_data_full_public.zip file to update_data_public.zip and update_full_BLN-L22_channel_in.zip to update_all_hw.zip, do not rename the update.zip.
    wOtmDyw.png
  • Go to C:\adb\HWOTA_BLN_Eng\HWOTA8_BLN folder and run the update_eng.bat file and follow the on screen instructions.
    mH4BOiH.png

SriVOv1.png

2KQIbaz.png
  • The update_eng.bat will install the TWRP recovery and boot to TWRP (if not, you can remove USB and press power and volume up key and it will boot to TWRP, connect the USB again)
  • You will get prompt for change region or change firmware, select change firmware.
  • It will automatically copy the content of C:\adb\HWOTA_BLN_Eng\HWOTA8_BLN\update, mainly those 3 zips and it will flash automatically.
  • You may see the update.zip file flashed as successful with no error but may see Error result [] for other 2 zips, dont worry that is expected.
  • Once flashed, it will automatically boot to Oreo without any issue and also it will ask if you want to relock your bootloader or keep this unlocked, this is your wish, I kept it unlocked and will be locked in future updates.
    FyA1b8l.png
  • Your Nougat data may remain the same as it was in my case but I would advise to go with Hisuite backup and TWRP backup.
  • If phone unable to boot, flash the stock recovery and make factory reset and boot normally, it should boot fine. (haven't encountered this issue though)
  • I did factory reset after booting and verifying to system. Everything was working fine but still I did just to avoid any issue or lag (even though no lags were seen)

About Phone info and VOLTE for Jio and Vodafone. iDEA VOLTE would work as well but there is no 4G in NCR.
Pxx8Dydl.png
Enjoy Oreo.
Do not need to renam the firmware files. HwOTA will renam firmware files automatically.

Mr. Ajay

Sep 27, 2015
@shashank1320
While unlocking bootloader I took the complete backup with Hisuite but after restoring it everything's there except my safe files.
I am unable to find any of those files(safe box) in file manager too.
Is there any way to recover those files?

Ramesh006

Jan 15, 2014
bro now i use elemental twrp which will not support mtp and tpg

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

bro now i use elemental twrp which will not support mtp and otg

currently twrp not supporting mtp or otg only way is via sd card.
I saw a TWRP thread for another honor varient that supports mtp and adb push files.

vivekb

Jul 27, 2011
Mumbai
Thank you very much for such a detailed guide.. successfully installed Oreo on my Device ?

Just wanted to mention that faced issue with existing process when it ask to boot in TWRP recovery... It was booting to stock recovery only. So disconnected mobile, switched on , flash TWRP seperately, directly booted to TWRP and connected again to the computer and continued process.

Thak you very much for detailed guide.

Cheers:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

Note- if you are on BLN-L22C675 Nougat you can do this easily but if you are on other variants, you need to debrand first as per this guide- https://xdaforums.com/honor-6x/how-to/guide-debranding-to-india-variant-bln-t3679402

Some background-
    So what I heard earlier that post China Oreo beta, other regions may not get it (via various unofficial channels and on XDA) its finally here, even though via firmware finder but it gives us a glimpse that beta or stable would be coming soon.

I had given my Honor 6X to my brother 6 months back and was using V10 since then but he came yesterday and I tried to enable VOLTE on that phone but was not working. Even though I debranded my Honor 6X from AL10 to BLN-L22 Indian version very easily (guide in my signature) but somehow I was not able to get VOLTE working. Yesterday I tried all the known methods till 2.30 AM My time but VOLTE was not working and I gave up but today morning again I tried and updated my phone to EMUI 8.0 (already kept one phone for my brother so that if something goes wrong, I will give a new one to him so that he can use atleast as he is leaving today)

As VOLTE was not working and I decided to update to Android 8.0 Indian version, I saw a screenshot in my Honor 6X Oreo update discussion thread and downloaded and flashed via HuRUpdater but failed last night and I recovered back to B340 and then updated to B365.

Prerequisites-

Installing TWRP
    • Once on the system, open the PowerShell or command prompt again in ADB folder (can use the previous instance as well)
    • Run -
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
    • Once in bootloader, Run
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-berlin.img
      (This will install the TWRP recovery for EMUI 5.0 on your phone)
    • Once done with the flashing the TWRP, Run
      Code:
      fastboot reboot

Actual Oreo update procedure
    • Once you have unlocked the bootloader, and installed TWRP recovery via command
    • Download the Oreo firmware given above in download link.
      wOtmDyw.png
      mH4BOiH.png

SriVOv1.png

2KQIbaz.png
      FyA1b8l.png

Pxx8Dydl.png
    Enjoy Oreo.

Update- anyone having issues with call recorder, turn off Google voice typing and recording will work fine.
    Stock Boot file for BLN-L22C675 OREO.
    Dload the data file buddy. It will fix this.
    Edit- just checked, this firmware is not yet approved so dload may not work. Use the method given by Ramesh above by if you can't then may need to wait for next update or this to be approved

I flashed data via twrp it fixed build number but themes not working still but np not a big deal thx for help a lot buddy
    We are getting VOLTE soon on custom roms.
    Askuccio find a fix for VOLTE and he is gonna release LOS with VOLTE support.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Anyone who has successfully rooted with magisk ....any issue

no issues with magisk but using it only for root without any modules.
    Works fine, but 4g LTE don't work, only H+.
    I live in Argentina, with BLL-L23 and Android 7 4g works.