(UPDATE -Excel is working properly now)Rom Wwe 2.03 For Htc Magician (jam)

Search This thread

iRiKi

Jul 27, 2007
Lisbon
I don't even know if taxist reads this thread anymore, but here it is:

I wanna know howto to relocate \Storage\Apps to another directory, ie \Program Files\Apps for instance. I search all-over reistry but couldn't find it, so i think it must be hardcoded in some .ini or similar.

the reasons for this is that i found a way to tweak Program Files into Storage, and when i run a program it creates a \Storage\Apps folder into RAM :rolleyes:

g4g0

Jan 17, 2008
Keyboard+ is gone!

I was observing the options for keyboard+ and I must have pressed the wrong button (the third one. It's in Russian, BTW). My device has suddenly rebooted and after that, the input button doesn't have any devices anymore.

Help!

ZODI

Oct 9, 2008
Caldwell,ID
www.google.com
I did everything and installation was fine but it bricked my Imate Jam ....
its stuck on the splash screen.

Any suggestions ?

PS : now i have two bricked phone Imate jam/Jasjar

mirchichamu

Nov 14, 2007
In this ROM a very useful utility "Find" not present. I am having a lot of problem if somebody gives a miscall, I cannot find whether that no is in my contacts or not.
How can I overcome this?

oldaa

Mar 21, 2008
accidentaly deleting files

Hi,
great and fast rom, thanks

I'm observing an issue - from time to time, some files from storage card are deleted. Once it was one of my folders, then skype folder, yesterday spb keyboard folder (which I installed earlier).
note - only content of folders are deleted, not folder itself..

Does anyone noticed the same?
Do you have any idea, what could be a problem?

The other issue - I think that on my older (original t-mobile) rom, I was able to load anything from storage during startup. On this new rom, it pops up an error (probably because storage card takes longer time to activate during boot)
Thanks

iRiKi

Jul 27, 2007
Lisbon
The other issue - I think that on my older (original t-mobile) rom, I was able to load anything from storage during startup.

I'm sorry, but i dont believe you :( i had a lot of problems back there with GPRS Monitor and Vito zoomboard for instance, not only this two apps but with all apps when loaded from storage card..

right now i re-mapped the internal "\Storage" to "\Program Files" and everything loads just great, i just had to manually edit a few cab files so they could install there instead of the RAM.

philiplam

Feb 2, 2008
Happy Valley
I'm sorry, but i dont believe you :( i had a lot of problems back there with GPRS Monitor and Vito zoomboard for instance, not only this two apps but with all apps when loaded from storage card..

right now i re-mapped the internal "\Storage" to "\Program Files" and everything loads just great, i just had to manually edit a few cab files so they could install there instead of the RAM.

Hi iRiKi, nice seeing you again.

Oldaa, you could be right - depends. I have many apps running from Storage Card but except one - that's a Today's screen app, if I put that into Storage Card it would end up with problems. So, what kinda app it is?

Just my 3 cents.

Philip

iRiKi

Jul 27, 2007
Lisbon
you're right Philip, today items are also loaded by the WinCE OS before the storage card driver, hence the errors we've got. same as sip, and everything loaded from \windows\startup

right now i have the slider like this:

1.6 MB of used storage space (8.28 free) (without msn but with latest palringo) and 39 MB of free ram... not bad i guess. my magician still rox heh and urs too i c!

Last edited:

DesmondHume

Jan 29, 2009
Hello,

i have a problem with my htc magician / mda compact. i have tried some updaters and finally one worked. but it seems something went wrong, because now im stuck in the bootloader and i can't do anything to get the device back to life. no update tool will find it.

Bye, Des

Edit: Vista was the problem! Glad my wife has a netbook with XP...

Last edited:

chikarakoon

Jul 25, 2008
After installing WWE2.03, My camera button not working

After installing WWE2.03, My camera button not working, anyone know how to solve this problem, appreciate that :)

S100200

Dec 21, 2008
Budapest
people.inf.elte.hu
Problems with this ROM

Hello!

I've noticed a strange problem with my Magician (I'm using the ROM in the title)
So the problem is:
In Settings->Phone I have only 2 tabs, Band, and More. The other tabs just lost somewhere...:confused:
Have anybody noticed this problem? Is there any way to fix it? I've searched the Registry, but found nothing.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its a very good fast and stable rom I really enjoy it.

I have a question: what is the file dialog changer in settings menu,what does it do?!

tanx!

Changing the standard file dialog because the standard is very limited. With FDC you can go anywhere on your device.Install/save program where you want to place them. It basically replaces "Save As..." Read this