General Android 13 QPR3 went final in June 2023-opt-out now to get the OTA without wiping - Pixel 6 Pro [Raven] - [thread also for future Android QPR Betas]

Search This thread

gururoop

Dec 24, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A2
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hello all. Since updating to Android 13 Beta 2 on Pixel 6 Pro, my Hyundai Santa Fe is having issues connecting to GPS. If I connect my phone and open Maps on car unit, I get an audio message "GPS connection lost" and navigation doesn't work. If I disconnect my phone and open Maps on phone and then connect it to my car, Maps connects to GPS fine on car's unit. Anyone else facing this issue? Any solutions?

acwcanada

Mar 19, 2016
Google Pixel 8
Hello all. Since updating to Android 13 Beta 2 on Pixel 6 Pro, my Hyundai Santa Fe is having issues connecting to GPS. If I connect my phone and open Maps on car unit, I get an audio message "GPS connection lost" and navigation doesn't work. If I disconnect my phone and open Maps on phone and then connect it to my car, Maps connects to GPS fine on car's unit. Anyone else facing this issue? Any solutions?
I have tried the A13B2 for a couple of weeks but since I need Viper4Android badly and it didn't work with A13B2 so I am now back to A12.1. I live in B.C. Canada and my family has a Hyundai Santa Fe 2019, I use Android Auto. During the 2 weeks with A13B2, I believe I have had driven over 1000KM with the Santa Fe and using Android Auto to guide me to several destinations, it worked flawlessly. Did you update the firmware of the Santa Fe, may be it is the culprits.

gururoop

Dec 24, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A2
Google Pixel 4 XL
I have tried the A13B2 for a couple of weeks but since I need Viper4Android badly and it didn't work with A13B2 so I am now back to A12.1. I live in B.C. Canada and my family has a Hyundai Santa Fe 2019, I use Android Auto. During the 2 weeks with A13B2, I believe I have had driven over 1000KM with the Santa Fe and using Android Auto to guide me to several destinations, it worked flawlessly. Did you update the firmware of the Santa Fe, may be it is the culprits.

I have a 2019 model myself in Toronto. I tried rolling back to stable Android 12 (May patch) and everything was working fine but as soon as I upgraded back to 13 Beta 2, the same problem started again. On a side note, will you be able to tell me how to update the firmware of the car unit?

acwcanada

Mar 19, 2016
Google Pixel 8
I have a 2019 model myself in Toronto. I tried rolling back to stable Android 12 (May patch) and everything was working fine but as soon as I upgraded back to 13 Beta 2, the same problem started again. On a side note, will you be able to tell me how to update the firmware of the car unit?
I believe Hyundai release it's navigation software twice a year, normally in April and October. With their Navigation updater, you download their map plus software into a SD card, then use it to update your car. Although I don't use their navigation but I still update it, because it is not just the map but with the software(firmware).

Reactions: Jiggs82

CubnPackdad

Apr 7, 2021
Since installing Beta 2 I can't Update Google play system Under Security. I'm still stuck on April's Bow so I install Mays

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
Since installing Beta 2 I can't Update Google play system Under Security. I'm still stuck on April's Bow so I install Mays
Just curious here; but why would it really matter which version of the Play System you have...? I frequently see people discussing this but never understood why.

Mine doesn't usually update with the overall phone updates - it just updates randomly for me lol (usually a few weeks after flashing a phone update or not at all after some updates).

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

dmarden

Oct 30, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
For what it is worth, I updated Magisk to Canary, patched the A13b2.1 boot.img, installed it via the fashboot method after removing the -w and everything is fine. Permanent root, I didn't have to mess with any other install flags to disable things. All good.

faremoney

Jan 12, 2010
hi guys, i've read beta 2.1 is out
i've seen the links to the image, but is it available via ota? (i don't have the p6pro yet but it's coming so i can't test)

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reactions: Jiggs82

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member

Pixel 6 Proraven-tpb3.220513.017-factory-0300106f.zip0300106f81437076be26b670b32b1ab8099eaf4ab9a9bb871c2049f1213a547a

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-download-android-13/#beta3

June 8, 2022 1:00pm Comment Pranob Mehrotra

Android 13 reaches Platform Stability milestone with Beta 3 release​

At I/O 2022, Google released the second Android 13 beta release earlier this year. The update introduced a couple of noteworthy features, like a protective back gesture, resource files for specifying supported app languages, and a new permission to use exact alarms. Now, Google has started seeding the third Android 13 beta release for its Pixel devices, and here’s what you need to know about it.

What’s new in Android 13 Beta 3?​

Platform Stability​

First and foremost, the third beta release brings Android 13 to the Platform Stability milestone. According to Google, this milestone means that “Android 13 has reached final internal and external APIs, final app-facing behaviors, and final non-SDK API lists (greylists).”
App, game, SDK, library, and game engine developers can now use the Platform Stability milestone as a target for planning final compatibility testing and public release to ensure their compatibility updates are ready before the final release.

App compatibility​

With the third Android 13 beta release, Google is also urging developers to test app compatibility. Now that Android 13 has reached Platform Stability, app developers should test their apps for compatibility in time for the final release so that they have time to make any updates needed before the stable Android 13 rollout.
Google has also highlighted a couple of changes app developers should watch for while testing their apps on Android 13 beta 3. These include:
  • Runtime permission for notifications: Android 13 introduces a new runtime permission for sending notifications from an app. Make sure you understand how the new permission works, and plan on targeting Android 13 (API 33) as soon as possible.
  • Clipboard preview: Make sure your app hides sensitive data in Android 13’s new clipboard preview, such as passwords or credit card information.
  • JobScheduler prefetch: JobScheduler now tries to anticipate the next time your app will be launched and will run any associated prefetch jobs ahead of that time. If you use prefetch jobs, test that they are working as expected.
After testing and publishing an updated version of the app, Google further urges developers to start the process of updating their app’s target SDK version, review the behavior changes for apps targeting Android 13, and use the compatibility framework to detect any issues. Google has highlighted a couple of changes developers should test if their apps target API level 33 or higher:
  • Nearby device permission for Wi-Fi: Apps that manage a device’s connections to nearby access points should use a new NEARBY_WIFI_DEVICES runtime permission for Wi-Fi operations like scanning, without needing access to device location. Some Wi-Fi APIs require your app to have this new permission.
  • Granular media permissions: If your app targets Android 13 and reads media files from common data storage, you must request one or more of the new granular permissions instead of the READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission.
  • Permission changes for body sensors: Android 13 introduces “while in use” access for body sensors. If your app needs to access body sensor information from the background, it must declare a new BODY_SENSORS_BACKGROUND permission.
  • Intent filters block non-matching intents: If your app sends an intent to an exported component of another app targeting Android 13 (API 33) or higher, it now needs to match an intent filter in the receiving app.
  • Media controls derived from PlaybackState: Android 13 derives more media controls from PlaybackState actions, to show a richer set of controls that are consistent across device types. Make sure your app handles these changes.

Tablets and large-screens support​

Lastly, Google has also highlighted that developers should include tablets and other large-screen devices as part of their testing. Developers can test optimizations for large-screen devices by setting up an Android emulator in Android Studio or using a compatible large-screen device, like the Lenovo Tab P12 Pro and the Xiaomi Tab 5. Here are a few changes developers should pay attention to during testing:
  • Taskbar interaction: Check how your app responds when viewed with the new taskbar on large screens. Make sure your app’s UI isn’t cut off or blocked by the taskbar.
  • Multi-window mode: Multi-window mode is now enabled by default for all apps, regardless of app configuration, so make sure the app handles split-screen appropriately. You can test by dragging and dropping your app into split-screen mode and adjusting the window size.
  • Improved compatibility experience: If your app isn’t optimized for tablets yet, such as using a fixed orientation or not being resizable, check how your app responds to compatibility mode adjustments such as letterboxing.
  • Media projection: If your app uses media projection, check how your app responds while playing back, streaming, or casting media on large screens. Be sure to account for device posture changes on foldable devices as well.
  • Camera preview: For camera apps, check how your camera preview UI responds on large screens when your app is constrained to a portion of the screen in multi-window or split-screen mode. Also check how your app responds when a foldable device’s posture changes.
Google’s blog post does not highlight any user-facing changes in Android 13 Beta 3. However, it’s likely that the build includes a few undocumented changes. We’ll be giving Android 13 Beta 3 a go on our Pixel devices, and we’ll make sure to let you know if we spot any such changes.

How to download and install Android 13 Beta 3 on your Google Pixel device​

You can easily download Android 13 Beta 3 for your Pixel devices and follow our guide on how to install Android 13 to set it up.
Google is officially releasing this beta update for the Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6, Pixel 5a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 4a (5G), Pixel 4a, Pixel 4 XL, or Pixel 4. You can use the 64-bit system images with the Android Emulator in Android Studio, and you can also use a GSI too.
To learn more about the third Android 13 beta release, head over to the official blog post on the Android Developers blog.

Release notes​

}
Beta 3
Release date: June 8, 2022
Build: Available soon
API diff:

About Android 13 Beta 3​

Beta 3 is now available, with the latest features and changes to try with your apps. Beta 3 also marks the Platform Stability milestone, which means that Android 13 has reached final internal and external APIs and final app-facing behaviors. Update your environment and start your final compatibility testing now so you can publish any necessary compatibility updates ahead of the final release.
As with previous versions, Android 13 includes behavior changes to help improve performance, battery life, security, and privacy. In some cases, these changes can affect apps until they are updated to support Android 13, so you might see impacts ranging from minor issues to more significant limitations. In general, most apps will work as expected, as will most APIs and features, but please review the known issues listed on this page to get a better idea of what to expect.

General advisories​

Be aware of these general notes about the release:
  • This release might have various stability, battery, or performance issues on supported devices.
  • For users with accessibility needs, this release might not be appropriate for daily use.
  • Some apps might not function as expected when running on this release. This includes Google’s apps as well as other apps.
  • Android 13 Beta builds are not Compatibility Test Suite (CTS)- approved, but they have passed preliminary testing and provide a stable set of pre-release APIs for developers. Apps that depend on CTS-approved builds or use SafetyNet APIs might not work normally on Android 13 Developer Preview builds.

Get support​

Two primary support channels are available to you when developing and testing with the Android 13 Beta. The channel you should use to get support depends on where you are encountering your issue.
Support for device-specific issues, system issues, and issues with Google apps
Use the Android Beta Issue Tracker to create new issues and to view and track issues that you and other developers have submitted. Before creating your own issue, check the known issues listed on this page and search the lists of top open issues and recently created issues to see if someone else has already reported it. You can subscribe and vote for an issue by clicking star this issue
star-issue.svg
See Where to report issues to find an issue template that best matches the type of issue that you are encountering.
Support for issues with other apps
Contact the app developer directly.
To discuss issues or ideas with other developers working with the Android 13 Beta, join the android_beta community on Reddit.

What's new in Beta 3​

Android 13 Beta 3 includes the following new features and changes to try out:

Top resolved issues​

The following issues have been resolved in Android 13 Beta 3:
  • Fixed an issue where unlocking the phone with a fingerprint while Always On Display was active would sometimes cause the entire screen to be tinted green temporarily.
  • Fixed an issue on Pixel devices where swiping on the all apps search result page would sometimes cause the Pixel Launcher to crash.

Top open issues​

See top open issues for the latest list of top open issues that have been reported by developers.

Other known issues​

Based on our testing, you might encounter the following issues when using Android 13 Beta 3. These issues are already known, so there’s no need to file additional reports for similar issues.

Android platform​

• When a user checks for system updates by navigating to Settings > System > System update, the system incorrectly reports Android 12 as the device's Android version, even when the device was already successfully updated to an Android 13 build. To work around this issue, check the device's Android version by navigating to Settings > About phone.
  • In some situations, the system shows a runtime permissions dialog out of context, asking the user to grant the notification permission on behalf of another app.
  • On some devices, bright sunlight prevents the fingerprint reader from authenticating the user.
  • Apps using OpenSSL version 1.1.1b through 1.1.1h may not work on some ARMv9 devices. This issue is also present on some ARMv9 devices running Android 12.
  • On Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro devices, the Now Playing page sometimes gets stuck on Downloading song database.
  • On some devices, paired Bluetooth devices can be observed to rapidly connect and disconnect from the device.

Apps​

• The camera app crashes occasionally on Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro devices.
  • On some devices, the photo picker UI in the Messages app doesn't display a list of recent photos taken on the device.

Android Auto​

• Some Android Auto users may experience an issue with black screen on the phone after ending Android Auto.

Android TV​

• When Bluetooth headphones are connected, AV playback on some apps does not work.
  • In some cases when trying to pair Bluetooth devices, pressing the side button on the ADT-3 device does not activate a Bluetooth device search. If remote pairing is lost, you can work around this by using ADB commands to simulate remote input. Alternatively, you can reflash the unit.
  • Remote control buttons can't be reconfigured using the Remote & Accessories menu.
  • The option to change HDMI-CEC control is currently missing from the Remote & Accessories menu.
  • When casting to 4k TVs, only the top left quarter of the image is shown.
  • In some cases when the ADT-3 device is connected to an LG TV, the remote control does not work.
  • When using the Google Play Movies app, 4K playback is corrupted by a gray screen and noise.
  • For iOS devices, the Google Home app fails to connect to the ADT-3 device. To work around this issue, use the Google Home app on an Android device or the ADT-3 remote control.

Last edited:

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
Updated and rooted. So far, so good.
Agreed.

Seems more stable (thus far) with this update. Also, the beta 3 build after a full wipe seems to have resolved that visual voicemail not working bug that was present on the last beta build (which supposedly primarily affected users in the US).

Update: Just note that this build includes a much newer YouTube build pre-installed. This information is only useful for the remaining Vanced users out there.

Last edited:

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member

June 9, 2022 10:30am Comment Kishan Vyas

Android 13 Beta 3 adds web suggestions and search shortcuts to the Pixel Launcher​

Android 13 reached Platform Stability with the release of the third beta yesterday, marking an important milestone as we inch closer to the stable release. All app-facing behavior and APIs are now final, and developers can start readying their apps for the final release of Android 13. As expected, the latest beta doesn’t bring a whole lot in terms of new features. In fact, Google’s announcement blog post didn’t even list what was new in the release, focusing mostly on developer stuff. But turns out there are a couple of interesting changes in Beta 3.
As spotted by Esper’s Mishaal Rahman, Android 13 Beta 3 adds a nifty feature to the Pixel Launcher that now lets users display web results in the search bar. You’ll find a new toggle called web suggestions in Pixel Launcher’s settings. When enabled, the search bar on the home screen and app drawer now shows web results based on what you type. Up until now, Pixel Launcher’s search bar could only surface app shortcuts, phone settings, contacts, conversations, and tips.
You can now get web results based on what you type. Only web suggestions that you select are saved in your search history. You can turn this off in Preferences.
Pixel Launcher search bar Android 12 Pixel Launcher search bar showing web results Android 13 Beta 3

Web suggestions are enabled by default, but you can turn them off from Pixel Launcher’s home settings.
Pixel Launcher search bar showing shortcuts for Google, Maps, YouTube and Play Store

Search shortcuts
With Android 13 Beta 3, Pixel Launcher’s search bar also displays search shortcuts for Google, YouTube, Maps, Play Store, and Settings. These nifty shortcuts appear below web results when you enter something in the search bar.
To try out Pixel Launcher’s new search experience, you’ll need to download Android 13 Beta 3 on your Pixel phone.

Reactions: Lughnasadh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Pixel 6 Pro [Raven] QPR Betas

QPR stands for "Quarterly Platform Release". Android 13 QPR3 went final in June 2023. See main thread here for final/non-beta releases.

From my Pixel 7 QPR Beta thread (and adjusting the OP with the same information):
    You can officially opt into the Android Beta Program there, or use the factory image or OTA below. You can no longer manually opt into the QPR3 Beta program - only the Android 14 Beta is offered to opt into:
    I'm only being allowed to Opt into the Android 14 beta program. I want to enroll in the Android 13 QPR Beta program instead. Any idea how?
    I don't know for sure, but I suspect that no one can opt into the QPR3 Beta program any longer.

Even Google's QPR3 Beta release page:
    which has a link:

and leads to:
    the Enroll in Android 13 Beta for Pixel button there still leads to:
    which only mentions Android 14 Beta.

So I think your only choice if you want to try QPR3 Beta is to have an unlocked bootloader and flash the factory image, or I think it's possible to sideload the OTA without unlocking the bootloader - but it's highly discouraged to try a Beta with a locked bootloader, as you'll be locked into the Beta program (via manual OTA sideloads) until it goes final, and you'll have no choice but to deal with the issues.

I don't plan on testing Betas of any sort, but feel free to use this thread for everything about the QPR Betas or major Android version betas for the Pixel 6 Pro. I'll update the information in the OP when necessary. See Post #1 in my main thread for general information (Unlocking Bootloader / Rooting / Updating | SafetyNet working again | ADB/Fastboot & Windows USB Drivers) but ask questions or make observations about all betas in this thread, please.

Once a QPR or major Android version goes final, I'll take those discussions to my main thread.
    Yet another Beta of 13, Beta 3.3:

Pixel 6 Proraven-tpb3.220617.002-factory-1acb43a3.zip1acb43a3d082b8d2cd16cba834c1b1de25042c5d5122483bbf54ff4a16682186

Android 13 Beta 3.3 (June 2022)
    Release date: June 27, 2022
    Build: TPB3.220617.002
    Emulator support: x86 (64-bit), ARM (v8-A)
    Security patch level: June 2022
    Google Play services: 22.21.16
    API diff:

If you’re already running a Developer Preview or Beta build, you will automatically receive an over-the-air (OTA) update to Beta 3.3.

This minor update to Android 13 Beta 3 includes stability and performance improvements as well as the following fixes:

• Fixed an issue with the Pixel launcher where if the Always show keyboard option was enabled for the app drawer, then when the user closed the app drawer and opened an app folder on the Home screen, the keyboard was erroneously shown as well. (Issue #236584457)
    • Fixed an issue where in some cases, such as gesturing to go back, the system UI crashed. (Issue #236558007)
    • Fixed an issue where devices couldn't connect to a WiFi network in some cases even when the network was available and the signal strength was good. (Issue #236617510)
    • Fixed an issue where the BluetoothManagerService continued to try and bind to the TbsService even when bluetooth.profile.ccp.server.enabled was false, leading to slow performance and cold starts for apps.
    • Fixed an issue where in some cases after a device was plugged in to charge (for example, overnight), the device would become unresponsive until it was rebooted.
    • Fixed a kernel issue with lib/list_debug.c that caused a kernel panic in certain cases on some devices.
    • Fixed an issue with the Connectivity Thermal Power Manager that caused slow UI rendering, unresponsiveness in apps, and poor battery performance in some cases.

June 27, 2022 2:30pm Comment Skanda Hazarika

Google rolls out Android 13 Beta 3.3 with a bunch of bug fixes​

The beta branch of Android 13 just picked up a new bug-squashing update. Following in the footsteps of Android 13 Beta 3’s earlier incremental updates, this new release fixes a whole bunch of issues, including slow UI rendering, inability to connect to a Wi-Fi network, system UI crashes, and a few other problems.
    The build number of Android 13 Beta 3.3 is TPB3.220617.002. There is no change in the security patch level, though, hence it’s still June 2022 on this release. You can find the full list of published fixes in this update below:
    • Fixed an issue with the Pixel launcher where if the Always show keyboard option was enabled for the app drawer, then when the user closed the app drawer and opened an app folder on the Home screen, the keyboard was erroneously shown as well. (Issue #236584457)
    • Fixed an issue where in some cases, such as gesturing to go back, the system UI crashed. (Issue #236558007)
    • Fixed an issue where devices couldn’t connect to a WiFi network in some cases even when the network was available and the signal strength was good. (Issue #236617510)
    • Fixed an issue where the BluetoothManagerService continued to try and bind to the TbsService even when bluetooth.profile.ccp.server.enabled was false, leading to slow performance and cold starts for apps.
    • Fixed an issue where in some cases after a device was plugged in to charge (for example, overnight), the device would become unresponsive until it was rebooted.
    • Fixed a kernel issue with lib/list_debug.c that caused a kernel panic in certain cases on some devices.
    • Fixed an issue with the Connectivity Thermal Power Manager that caused slow UI rendering, unresponsiveness in apps, and poor battery performance in some cases.
    Apart from the aforementioned bug fixes, the update also bumps the Google Play services version from 22.18.19 to 22.21.16.
    In case your Google Pixel device is already enrolled in the Android 13 beta program, you will automatically receive an over-the-air update to Beta 3.3. You can also download the full OTA or the factory image from the link below if you want to manually upgrade to the latest beta release.
    Download Android 13 Beta 3.3

Source: Android Beta Program on Reddit
    All, this is not a thread for opinions about the Pixel 6/Pro in general, nor is it a thread made for rants. Opinions specifically about Android 13 are fine. I know there have been a few posts that have nothing specific to do with Android 13 and I've let it go. If anyone wants to make posts that don't address anything specifically about Android 13, there are many, many threads in this section where that has taken place.

I know, because I used to read every post in this section but now I avoid the threads that contain those kinds of posts, and I'd like to not see them here in this thread. Any further posts of those types will be deleted as off-topic.
    I think Magisk removed the need to pass the vbmeta disable verity/verification flag with Canary 24303. Here's a quote related to a kernel issue from yujincheng08 (LoveSy):

"Let me clarify the things.
    Magisk was used to modify the fstab to inject Magisk components, and in the meantime, Magisk stipped avb_key and avb flags for all partitions. So, that 24300 works is just a side effect and has no insurance.
    Now Magisk changed its way of injecting Magisk components, and it will no longer modify the fstab, and the side effect was thus gone together with the refactorization. Some configurations that rely on the fact that Magisk will strip those verification flags will no longer work, and that's expected. Users should disable the verification themselves since they are expected to have unlocked bootloaders."

This all relates to problems with custom kernels and Magisk, but may have further implications for us. Check out more in the issue here..

Good spot. Seeing as how that's now intended behaviour, I guess wiping and disabling verification is all our best moves from here.

I'll take this moment to suggest investing in Swift Backup and setting up an automatic backup that runs periodically, so long as you have root it makes wiping pretty much a non-issue.
    New Pixel 6 modem included!

g5123b-102852-220609-b-8701566