• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Update Germany CLT-L29 8.1.0.120(C432)

Search This thread

cologne83

Nov 3, 2011
Cologne
Hi guys,

Just received via OTA last night.
Anyone now more about this update?
The first thing i recognized is the new animation, if you leave an app and go back to home screen...
Just testing if updating of widgets is still an issue.
Some camera fixes I think.

so far...

Benny

starbase64

Apr 3, 2007
my phone received the update few minutes ago

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180518-141624.jpg
    Screenshot_20180518-141624.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 1,180
  • Screenshot_20180518-141645.jpg
    Screenshot_20180518-141645.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 1,170

dindatwin

Jan 11, 2011
I also just received this in Ireland, noticed the new app closing animation but still haven't brought back the ability to interact with notifications on the lock screen. I'm running. 120(C432) also.

I did notice my handset was randomly rebooting on .107 so hopefully this is fixed as well.

Will update if I notice any other changes since the update.

dindatwin

Jan 11, 2011
I've just spotted this new eye icon in the top left hand corner of the camera app that seems to launch a new bar code/item/QR scanner feature powered by Amazon Assistant. Almost like Google Lens but nowhere near as good from what I can tell.

It appears to be the same thing that you can launch from swiping down from the middle of the home screen to launch the "app search" feature and the eye icon is up in the right hand corner of the screen. Really not sure how much if ever I'll use this to be honest!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180519-102224.jpg
    Screenshot_20180519-102224.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 709
  • Screenshot_20180519-102231.jpg
    Screenshot_20180519-102231.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 713
  • Screenshot_20180519-102243.jpg
    Screenshot_20180519-102243.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 721
Last edited:

max.barrett

Jan 9, 2009
working in stuttgart
Just got 120 yesterday. I notice a new option under smart assistance, HiTouch?View attachment 4505008

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

A review of the Huawei Honor 10 on androipit.com mentions a view updates in Emui 8.1, apparently "HiTouch":

"(...) can be visually adapted in many ways and offers some exciting additional functions. On of them is called HiTouch and it’s an intelligent aid to identify products with the camera and to buy them directly. To use HiTouch, you have to activate the corresponding option in the settings in the Smart assistance area. The first time you use it, you’ll need to install the Amazon Assistant app."

Reactions: knowingplague

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
Hi guys,

The first thing i recognized is the new animation, if you leave an app and go back to home screen...

so far...

Benny

Try the 5x Zoom, results gives much more detail now, was quite surprised when trying it myself.

knowingplague

Jan 16, 2010
A review of the Huawei Honor 10 on androipit.com mentions a view updates in Emui 8.1, apparently "HiTouch":

"(...) can be visually adapted in many ways and offers some exciting additional functions. On of them is called HiTouch and it’s an intelligent aid to identify products with the camera and to buy them directly. To use HiTouch, you have to activate the corresponding option in the settings in the Smart assistance area. The first time you use it, you’ll need to install the Amazon Assistant app."
Thanks, I'll have a look.

---------- Post added at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

Try the 5x Zoom, results gives much more detail now, was quite surprised when trying it myself.
Yes, i am seeing the same improvement.

tatrai

Nov 9, 2009
Hi there
After updating to the 120 firmware, I noticed that Huawei finally dropped its own Emui smart unlock feature (unlock only if connected to a Bluetooth device) in favor of Googles native solution (unlock with Bluetooth, secure place, wearing detection). But after a short while, the smart unlock menu cannot be opened. If I chose it in settings, the phone asks for my pin, after entering I get a blank screen. Clearing dalvik cache, reboot etc didn't help. Restore to factory settings solved the problem for 1 day, but after that I suddenly got the same blank screen. Anyone any idea?
url]

Edit: found a solution to the problem. Just disable secure unlock as a trusted agent under security settings, then clear app cache, enable it again as trusted agent and reboot. Working fine after that.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

so far...

Benny

Slow-mow in 8x and 32x got rid of these snowflake-ish pixels. At least on mine with that firmware-update. Hussa! :good:
    Received this update today as well. T-Mobile in the US.

https://imgur.com/a/Yr0zOSi
    Just got 120 yesterday. I notice a new option under smart assistance, HiTouch?Screenshot_20180519-230043.jpeg

Just got 120 yesterday. I notice a new option under smart assistance, HiTouch?View attachment 4505008