[Update, i found updates for any version of g8x (sprint/AT&T)]any android 9 firmware for G8X ATT_US?

Search This thread

yoctan1

Mar 25, 2021
I unlocked the bootloader and rooted my g8x 20e, but the fingerprint does not work, I saw in this post how to fix it (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ng-with-unlocked-bootloader-and-root.4202287/), but in Lgup it does not let me install that version of .kdz since it is from another region, I have searched for one for 3 days G850M ATT_US but can not find and does not work with CAN .kdz :(

someone has an android 9 kdz for that version, or knows another way to get the fingerprint working??? :c

Edit:
Asking in 4pda forums I found someone who gave me this page:

It has the updates for all the versions of the G8X including the sprint (M9) and AT&T (M1), but they need to be compiled, I already tried to do it but I don't have much knowledge, I just followed a text file that comes inside each update, but not I can do it, does anyone know how to compile the update to install it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Djiban

josegmora

Sep 15, 2010
I unlocked the bootloader and rooted my g8x 20e, but the fingerprint does not work, I saw in this post how to fix it (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ng-with-unlocked-bootloader-and-root.4202287/), but in Lgup it does not let me install that version of .kdz since it is from another region, I have searched for one for 3 days G850M ATT_US but can not find and does not work with CAN .kdz :(

someone has an android 9 kdz for that version, or knows another way to get the fingerprint working??? :c

Edit:

It has the updates for all the versions of the G8X including the sprint (M9) and AT&T (M1), but they need to be compiled, I already tried to do it but I don't have much knowledge, I just followed a text file that comes inside each update, but not I can do it, does anyone know how to compile the update to install it?
the post that you mention has a new method, it worked for me

yoctan1

Mar 25, 2021
Brother, I had similar issue of non-working FOD after decrypting my device. Let me know if you have decrypt your device using "dm verity force encryption disabler" or "lazyflasher". If this is the case, I might be able to help
I used the dm verity force encryption disabler, after installing twrp

shafi1885

• Apr 18, 2021
    Xiaomi Mi 3
    Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
    I used the dm verity force encryption disabler, after installing twrp
    Brother, listen very carefully.
    • I have read a lot of post, flashed different files, after all this effort, I learned that, flashing dm verity force encryption disabler is the root cause of the problem. I don't know the technical details, as I am not expert in coding and understanding the grammar of coding. I read the dm verity force encryption disabler forum, I didn't understand some of the content there.
    • Now my guess is, dm verity disabler does something to " fstabs" . I think this fstabs might content the security and encription details of the phone. It destroys this completely. There was something about keeping the encryption afterward by renaming the disabler file as "enfec" or something similar to this, but I didn't try those, so can't say for sure.
    • I tried the CIT mode of phone, FOD didn't work, not only FOD, password, pattern , pin none of them works, so if this is the case for your phone, then it's an encryption issue.
    • since, I have xiaomi phone, I am telling you solution for this phone. convert it according to your need.
    • I downloaded MI Flash Tool and fastboot rom , any version any official MIUI fastboot rom will work. Then, I "clean all" flashed the fastboot rom and it fixed every issue of my phone.
    • Let me know, if any of this information helped you a bit.
    • Valar Morghulis brother <3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Edit: