Update information for Lollypop

Search This thread

dekraan

Nov 9, 2008
It is taking a long time. When buying my Mate 7, I was also considering the Nexus 6. And although I do not regret my decision, because I am reading about battery life issues with the Nexus (and battery was my primary goal for buying the mate) and I love the fingerprint scanner, I am having some second thoughts based on the poor update speed and the lack of an active community or support for great ROMs.

stanlawren

Sep 13, 2014
Lagos
I think slow updates is a google problem.. this is a major flaw in the OS design.

Wrong. Slow updates is an OEM problem and has nothing to do with Google. Lollipop was released as early as September last year and by November LG had already updated the G3 to 5.0 and in February to 5.0.2.
Huawei is always slow when it comes to updates

Reactions: GadgetMe

alawadhi3000

Jan 2, 2011
Bahrain
Got an OTA firmware update to 143, still no Lollipop.

Wrong. Slow updates is an OEM problem and has nothing to do with Google. Lollipop was released as early as September last year and by November LG had already updated the G3 to 5.0 and in February to 5.0.2.
Huawei is always slow when it comes to updates

When Google can't even update their own devices on a timely manner, Its Google's problem as much as other mobile makers.

I had to wait three months after 4.4.4 got released to get it on my Nexus 7 (2013) LTE, not to mention further delays for 5.0, 5.1 and 5.1.1

Last edited:

morpheoussc400

Dec 19, 2007
Huawei P8 review

http://flip.it/QUChU

They have some valid complaints about EMUI 3.1. I'm not so keen on an update really ...

I just watched the P8 review. And most of the complaints, I thought were more preference oriented.. I personally have never been a big fan of googles bare OS, and Samsung, HTC, as well as most other vendors "skin" Googles OS to their target crowd, which in Huawei's case is primarily China...
From what I saw in the video, EMUI 3.1 seem very similar to 3.0, which I happen to like. (Personal preference) I just hope they update the 7 soon.. But if they don't, it works perfectly fine as is...

I only want the best, so give me what I want! BMW!!!

vonotny

Feb 19, 2013
This somehow does not look legit to me.

It's legit alright. Huawei Italy is currently looking for beta testers on ther Facebook page, other countries may follow. The German Huawei Blog reckons that Lollipop should come to the Mate 7 in July, judging from previous update cycles.

Skeese

May 8, 2007
It's legit alright. Huawei Italy is currently looking for beta testers on ther Facebook page, other countries may follow. The German Huawei Blog reckons that Lollipop should come to the Mate 7 in July, judging from previous update cycles.

I've just sent them an e-mail after seeing the message on Huawei Italia Facebook page, let's see what they say...

people211

Jan 18, 2011
The response I got...

Ciao,

grazie per la tua email.

La tua richiesta di partecipazione al beta test Android 5.0 lollipop per Huawei Mate 7, è stata presa in carico.

Se verrai scelto, ti ricontatteremo al termine della fase di selezione.

Grazie,

buona giornata

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using XDA Free mobile app

vonotny

Feb 19, 2013
The response I got...

Ciao,

grazie per la tua email.

La tua richiesta di partecipazione al beta test Android 5.0 lollipop per Huawei Mate 7, è stata presa in carico.

Grazie,

buona giornata

I don't speak Italian, but from what I understand they say your request to participate in the beta testing has been received, and they'll contact you when they select the final beta testers. Something along these lines.

stanlawren

Sep 13, 2014
Lagos
The response I got...

Ciao,

grazie per la tua email.

Grazie,

buona giornata

Could you please translate. We don't all understand Italian. Thanks

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Anyways I think Huawei is full of ****. Why say they'll release Lollipop on mate 7 in May if towards the end of May they're still hunting for beta testers? They really should set their priorities straight. If they aren't ready they should STFU. (Pls excuse my French Btw) and not release an update schedule as early as April if they're not ready.

My opinion though

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Could you please translate. We don't all understand Italian. Thanks

Never mind. Someone has already translated. Apologies for not reading everything.

vonotny

Feb 19, 2013
Anyways I think Huawei is full of ****. Why say they'll release Lollipop on mate 7 in May if towards the end of May they're still hunting for beta testers? They really should set their priorities straight. If they aren't ready they should STFU. (Pls excuse my French Btw) and not release an update schedule as early as April if they're not ready.

My opinion though

I don't think there was ever ONE OFFICIAL statement from THE Huawei. Remember they have branches on every major continent and in every major market. I think the May rollout was for China with other markets to be served later.

stanlawren

Sep 13, 2014
Lagos
I don't think there was ever ONE OFFICIAL statement from THE Huawei. Remember they have branches on every major continent and in every major market. I think the May rollout was for China with other markets to be served later.

Wrong. They actually did. On their official emui website. Here's the update schedule again Incase you missed it

Attachments

• 1432966931338.jpg
    1432966931338.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 540

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 4196497
    Hi! I get Android 5.1 Lollipop with EMUI 3.1 to my Mate7. I'm from Poland.

CG-l3LqW0AAVcPB.jpg

CG-l-TOXAAA4RZ0.jpg
    I am going to need that luck! I just tried this method, and downloaded the B137SP03 zip, unzipped it and copied the dload folder in my sdcard directory (which is sdcard0 in my case, need to score a new sdcard and see how it goes then). Then I did the local update, but I still ended up in CWM recovery.

Maybe I have to have a sb-card for it to work? I have none in my phone now and am using the internal storage.

If anyone has a solution to return to stock recovery....

Returning to stock recovery quite simple. As you sucsessfully installed CWM I assume you are familiar with the process - either use flashify or boot into bootloader, connect your phone to your PC and use fastboot (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img) assuming that you kept your original recovery.img in a safe place before you flashed CWM.

Check this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=61130274&postcount=1
    I think in this post you will also find the original recovery.img
    i contacted some Huawei distributors in Egypt since we update the international Android versions in all brands and we dont have a specific version like other countries like china
    they answered that the lollipop international version wont be available until the second half of this year..since other brands that received the Lollipop have reported critical errors and many bugs
    also they reported that Huawei is planning that the MATE 8 will be the 1st Phone introducing the Lollipop
    this make some sense since at the beginning of the second half of this year we will see the Mate 8
    It's the under the hood updates we are waiting for. The use of ART will speed up the device, and app load times, and hopefully improve the multitasking switching, which is the only real lag i notice on it. I would also love to see if the X2 is pocketable haha, i'd almost consider it.
    No x2 is not pocket friendly.. that wud be awkward..or silly
    It is tablet capable of phoning.. so for ppl who travels or using tablet a lot no need smartphone .. just phone and tablet in one carrying in suitcase ..
    While it is in suitcase you might get nice elegant huawei smart watches and be notified..
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone