Update information for Lollypop

Search This thread

blackinfinity

Dec 7, 2014
I thinking Huawei are busy castrating all lollipop functions so that when we get lollipop we will not even notice a a difference between our kitkat version besides the version number in options. Hopefully some performance boost though. I am worried about worse battery life

Easy Computer

Oct 2, 2014
How do you even update when you are rooted? I have seen posts here that when they update to the latest firmware. They get the phone bricked. I hope they fix that issue.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10

stanlawren

Sep 13, 2014
Lagos
How do you know the Chinese market hasn't received Lollipop yet?

I know because I know ppl who bought the Chinese version from Ali express and they're still stuck on 4.4.2 like everyone else

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

How do you even update when you are rooted? I have seen posts here that when they update to the latest firmware. They get the phone bricked. I hope they fix that issue.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10

Rooting doesn't affect updates. Having a custom recovery is the only thing that affects Huawei updates. I had a similar problem when I was using cwm. Updates failed to install till I reverted to stock recovery and it worked like a charm. Been rooted since day 1 and i have never had issues

Reactions: Easy Computer

stanlawren

Sep 13, 2014
Lagos
Huawei is just a pathetic excuse for a company. Now they're releasing a beta lollipop test program for mate 2 an archaic device when their more recent devices are stuck on old Android versions. This will obviously be my first and last Huawei device if they don't take updates seriously.

cyber8607

Jul 13, 2008
Bozen
Huawei is just a pathetic excuse for a company. Now they're releasing a beta lollipop test program for mate 2 an archaic device when their more recent devices are stuck on old Android versions. This will obviously be my first and last Huawei device if they don't take updates seriously.

Huawei left Android 5.0 in the Corner and is searching now Testers for Android 5.1 on our Mate 7.. Look on Facebooks "Huawei Device Italia".

Reactions: stanlawren

stanlawren

Sep 13, 2014
Lagos
Huawei left Android 5.0 in the Corner and is searching now Testers for Android 5.1 on our Mate 7.. Look on Facebooks "Huawei Device Italia".

Thanks. I have seen it but isn't it a bit suspicious that's there's no such info on any other Huawei site or even Chinese blogs. Huawei device Italy seems to be the only one carrying the info

tomija1980

Oct 27, 2014
Huawei Consumer Polish

Holders of units Mate 7, P7 and Honor6 invite you to test the latest version of Android - Lolipop 5.1. If you want to participate and update the software of its smartphones, you must send the name of the model and IMEI number [email protected] address.
:)

stanlawren

Sep 13, 2014
Lagos
Finally....wonder how long before they roll it out

Maybe in December. There's nothing new about that video and the beta tester that posted it has had it for a long time and the video has been on his website and YouTube page for long. Still beats me why huawei has refused to announce it officially

elroy944

Oct 8, 2007
Maybe in December. There's nothing new about that video and the beta tester that posted it has had it for a long time and the video has been on his website and YouTube page for long. Still beats me why huawei has refused to announce it officially
Today i got confirmation to be a beta tester, so i think it won't take long anymore (for beta) when no bugs are reported i think huawei will release it to the big audience

D

Deleted member 4196497

Hi! I get Android 5.1 Lollipop with EMUI 3.1 to my Mate7. I'm from Poland.

CG-l3LqW0AAVcPB.jpg

CG-l-TOXAAA4RZ0.jpg

Reactions: mrmxg02 and Max4000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 4196497
    Hi! I get Android 5.1 Lollipop with EMUI 3.1 to my Mate7. I'm from Poland.

CG-l3LqW0AAVcPB.jpg

CG-l-TOXAAA4RZ0.jpg
    I am going to need that luck! I just tried this method, and downloaded the B137SP03 zip, unzipped it and copied the dload folder in my sdcard directory (which is sdcard0 in my case, need to score a new sdcard and see how it goes then). Then I did the local update, but I still ended up in CWM recovery.

Maybe I have to have a sb-card for it to work? I have none in my phone now and am using the internal storage.

If anyone has a solution to return to stock recovery....

Returning to stock recovery quite simple. As you sucsessfully installed CWM I assume you are familiar with the process - either use flashify or boot into bootloader, connect your phone to your PC and use fastboot (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img) assuming that you kept your original recovery.img in a safe place before you flashed CWM.

Check this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=61130274&postcount=1
    I think in this post you will also find the original recovery.img
    i contacted some Huawei distributors in Egypt since we update the international Android versions in all brands and we dont have a specific version like other countries like china
    they answered that the lollipop international version wont be available until the second half of this year..since other brands that received the Lollipop have reported critical errors and many bugs
    also they reported that Huawei is planning that the MATE 8 will be the 1st Phone introducing the Lollipop
    this make some sense since at the beginning of the second half of this year we will see the Mate 8
    It's the under the hood updates we are waiting for. The use of ART will speed up the device, and app load times, and hopefully improve the multitasking switching, which is the only real lag i notice on it. I would also love to see if the X2 is pocketable haha, i'd almost consider it.
    No x2 is not pocket friendly.. that wud be awkward..or silly
    It is tablet capable of phoning.. so for ppl who travels or using tablet a lot no need smartphone .. just phone and tablet in one carrying in suitcase ..
    While it is in suitcase you might get nice elegant huawei smart watches and be notified..
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone