Update MHA-AL00C00B153 (Now up to B165SP01)

Search This thread

mscion

Jul 26, 2011
North Potomac
Hi, you notice any differences so far? How's camera?

Haven't had much time to check yet but 10x zoom works in Photo mode not HDR (still 6x is max)

I quote an earlier post by @duraaraa

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70176936&postcount=280

"This update adds bank card and transportation card in Huawei Wallet and a 10x zoom in camera, optimizes the drawer homescreen display.
Added a 10x zoom, which enables you to take clearer photos from a distance.
HiWallet support Huawei Pay bank card and transportation card
Optimized the drawer homescreen display for a better experience.
Decreased the CPU load for several core processes to achieve better system performance.
Improved device security with Google security patches."

lawtq

Oct 12, 2011
Haven't had much time to check yet but 10x zoom works in Photo mode not HDR (still 6x is max)

I quote an earlier post by @duraaraa

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70176936&postcount=280

"This update adds bank card and transportation card in Huawei Wallet and a 10x zoom in camera, optimizes the drawer homescreen display.
Added a 10x zoom, which enables you to take clearer photos from a distance.
HiWallet support Huawei Pay bank card and transportation card
Optimized the drawer homescreen display for a better experience.
Decreased the CPU load for several core processes to achieve better system performance.
Improved device security with Google security patches."

Should see better battery then also

giantbike

Jun 10, 2011
Yes, I too got the OTA on my 2 days old AL00C00 mate 9 this morning as well. Only have about 240 something MB to download and upgrade. Didn't have the phone long enough to tell what the difference is.

Lodix

Oct 2, 2013
Which one would like me to try?
Antutu, Geekbench, gfxbench ( no need to run all of them, just some of the off screen ), 3dmark... Huawei has been improving the GPU drivers in the last patches.

Thanks [emoji14]

Last edited:

mscion

Jul 26, 2011
North Potomac
Antutu, Geekbench, gfxbench ( no need to run all of them, just some of the off screen ), 3dmark... Huawei has been improving the GPU drivers in the last patches.

Thanks [emoji14]

How's this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161223-105526.png
    Screenshot_20161223-105526.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 765

D1G1TE

Dec 24, 2016
The update is now available on FunkyHuawei. See the FunkyHuawei thread, and you can update using eRecovery.

I'm running on B153 right now, but apart from the zoom, I don't notice any substantial upgrades from B137. Battery life still significantly worse than Mate 8 :(

Battery life worse? I have 10 SOT whatever I do on Mate 9, navigate with maps and gps, Netflix, play YouTube, browse Internet, install updates... Which translates into 2 full days of battery life 5 SOT both. And that's pretty crazy if you spend 5 hours on your phone a day. I was only able to achieve same kind of battery life and SOT with my Xiaomi Mi Max with 4850MaH battery.

duraaraa

Battery life worse? I have 10 SOT whatever I do on Mate 9, navigate with maps and gps, Netflix, play YouTube, browse Internet, install updates... Which translates into 2 full days of battery life 5 SOT both. And that's pretty crazy if you spend 5 hours on your phone a day. I was only able to achieve same kind of battery life and SOT with my Xiaomi Mi Max with 4850MaH battery.

It's easy to get 10 SOT if you're using it for 10 hours in one day, but I notice a lot of battery drain when I'm not using it. For example, it will drain more than 1-2% an hour just receiving notifications and not being turned on very much.

It's absolutely a beast when it comes to marathon screen on time, but I'm more disappointed with the results as a light user. I probably have 30 minutes to one hour of screen on time per day, but the battery drain is generally over 20 percent despite that.

D1G1TE

Dec 24, 2016
The update is now available on FunkyHuawei. See the FunkyHuawei thread, and you can update using eRecovery.

I'm running on B153 right now, but apart from the zoom, I don't notice any substantial upgrades from B137. Battery life still significantly worse than Mate 8 :(

It's easy to get 10 SOT if you're using it for 10 hours in one day, but I notice a lot of battery drain when I'm not using it. For example, it will drain more than 1-2% an hour just receiving notifications and not being turned on very much.

It's absolutely a beast when it comes to marathon screen on time, but I'm more disappointed with the results as a light user. I probably have 30 minutes to one hour of screen on time per day, but the battery drain is generally over 20 percent despite that.

True, in Stock ROM of Mate 9 is not so well configured for light users, compared to OOB MIUI 8 on Mi Max, even in Battery Saver mode on. One have to tune it a bit. For example I do not need to sync my email and account all the time, so I have my sync period set to 1 hour, disabled autosync most time, I like to sync when I want to, few times a day when I actually have mail app open and have some spare time to read emails or browse social networks. Set most apps to autoclose on screen lock, disabled keyboard vibration and many other little things... I enable wifi/bt/nfc only when I need it. My Mate consumes 1-2% battery per 8 hours in standby or me sleeping, if I'm not using it. It's all about optimization of settings in order how you use your phone. Detailed battery information is always ones best friend in finding precious MaH top consumers, idle or not. :)

Last edited:

Ashk91

Jan 27, 2013
True, in Stock ROM of Mate 9 is not so well configured for light users, compared to OOB MIUI 8 on Mi Max, even in Battery Saver mode on. One have to tune it a bit. For example I do not need to sync my email and account all the time, so I have my sync period set to 1 hour, disabled autosync most time, I like to sync when I want to, few times a day when I actually have mail app open and have some spare time to read emails or browse social networks. Set most apps to autoclose on screen lock, disabled keyboard vibration and many other little things... I enable wifi/bt/nfc only when I need it. My Mate consumes 1-2% battery per 8 hours in standby or me sleeping, if I'm not using it. It's all about optimization of settings in order how you use your phone. Detailed battery information is always ones best friend in finding precious MaH top consumers, idle or not. :)
My mate 9 has amazing standby battery life but screen on time.. For example 2.30 hours and I lost 44 percent.. I lose my battery very fast when the screen is on... I've been testing my battery and I think it may be defected, many apps tell me I'm using a 3900 mAh and actual Is 3730

D1G1TE

Dec 24, 2016
My mate 9 has amazing standby battery life but screen on time.. For example 2.30 hours and I lost 44 percent.. I lose my battery very fast when the screen is on... I've been testing my battery and I think it may be defected, many apps tell me I'm using a 3900 mAh and actual Is 3730

I would check my brightness settings if I were you. :)

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Ooh! Just got an update notice. Some performance enhancements and now Camera has 10x!.

In meantime, while waiting OTA to spread over all Mate 9 devices, can you please post some quick samples how 10x zoom look like compared to original, 2x, 6x? :)

Reactions: Ferranza

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ooh! Just got an update notice. Some performance enhancements and now Camera has 10x!.
    Taking in mind the light conditions I think the zoom is pretty decent.

Ah. Yes. You also need to take in mind I'm a lousy photographer too! lol

Just returned from lunch. Here is the same scene with improved lighting. One thing to note is that the file size of the 10x image created by phone is about 35% smaller. Not sure why this is the case, (Or how the software works)

Could barely go past 4x zoom on the B126 update without a tripod , and quality preserved was best at 2x with good lighting...I hope 10x update gives us at least a good result at 4x zoom..and yes, samples would really be appreciated :)

Ok. No special settings. Just zoomed from 1x to 10x
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone