• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Update MIUI 12. Terrible screen flickering/blinking when unlocking using fingerprint

Search This thread

Moanderdj

Nov 22, 2019
has anyone ever noticed that the phone screen flickers awfully when unlocked with a fingerprint? the screen can flash a moment after unlocking and artifacts are created in menu animations. everything takes literally half a second.

the problem only occurs on all Xiaomi.EU MIUI 12 beta versions and on the stable version. I didn't check the global version, but I think it will be the same.

it wouldn't bother me much if it didn't create terrible graphic artifacts sometimes.

RakeeGo

Feb 6, 2020
has anyone ever noticed that the phone screen flickers awfully when unlocked with a fingerprint? the screen can flash a moment after unlocking and artifacts are created in menu animations. everything takes literally half a second.

the problem only occurs on all Xiaomi.EU MIUI 12 beta versions and on the stable version. I didn't check the global version, but I think it will be the same.

it wouldn't bother me much if it didn't create terrible graphic artifacts sometimes.

Yep, Noticed this on Xiaomi.eu 12.0.3.0 Stable. The main thing I noticed when I installed the update.

The previous ones were smooth. The blurring is also not good on the latest, the blur goes away real quick when exiting notif bar making the transition look like you set animation to 0 on devs settings. But the exact opposite on the Control Panel. Closing it, you'll see the delay in the blur. Can see icons still blurred before it goes away. Too delayed that it is noticeable. Setting .5x on animation and transition fixes it but that awful unlocking animation flicker become more noticeable when doing so.

I hope next update will be better.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Indian version doesnt have this problem

Same 12.0.3.0 build? Noticed the issue on 12.0.3.0. I believe indian Stable is still on 12.0.1.0. On that build we did't have the issue as well.

Moanderdj

Nov 22, 2019
It is interesting that the problem only occurs when we use the fingerprint on the screen. using the fingerprint on the screen off, does not create artifacts and flickering. all beta versions had this problem, I thought stable version would eliminate this problem.

he does not always occur. and sometimes it is strong that it looks like a phone breaks down.

I wonder what is causing this error. maybe a fingerprint mechanic?

projjalkhisa

Nov 24, 2018

Did xioami add the DC dimming option for Mi9T in Miui 12? Can anyone tell?

tomgv

Jan 11, 2011
Gostivar
On Global stabile MIUI 12 it's fixed. I have EEA model, and every miui 12 custom rom have this bug (xiaomi.eu) (beta relases from china model)

Dotun_e

Nov 2, 2017

Any solution on this yet??😫😫😫

porotikos

Mar 29, 2016
this is so random. i have this problem again after few months that i didnt have it. this issue has occured to me 4 times in the last year. but this time it is the worse. phone is almost useless. what is going on....

Top Liked Posts