[UPDATE][MOD]CameraNextMod[Based on Cyanogen OS 13 CameraNext](Denoise Feature)

Search This thread
This is a OnePlus One thread, I'm not sure if it's supposed to work on OnePlus Two. It works fantastically on my OPO!
A more interesting one for you seems OxygenOS 3.5.8 Camera for OP2 but I see you already posted there. Just wait until someone responds on the OP2 side.

I'm sorry. :D. Due to lack of sleep for taking care of baby, I might misread the One and Two. Sorry for updating unnecessary post in this thread. :cyclops:

yakcam

Apr 16, 2015
I'd flash another version in that case. Mind that it just shows up as "camera" next to the stock "camera" but with a different icon so that may be confusing. When I do a factory reset and flash an update to the ROM I'm using (official RR), this mod is preserved, such things are covered by the update script. It would surprise me if Daniel didn't cover that. Just avoid wiping /system, you rarely need to do that anyway.

I have to flash the zip every time I flash the latest RR zip in TWRP. Are you on 7.1.2 RR from varund?
https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/development/rom-resurrection-remix-t3507102

Timmmmaaahh!

Sr. Mod / Mod Cmte / Recognized Xmas Avatar Themer
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
From From eh... Belgium!
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
I have to flash the zip every time I flash the latest RR zip in TWRP. Are you on 7.1.2 RR from varund?
https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/development/rom-resurrection-remix-t3507102

The very one! That's strange, it works for me all the time. I think this line takes care of that in the updater-script:

run_program("/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh", "backup");

I don't fully understand how it works but if you check that backuptool.sh file, it explains "# Backup and restore addon /system files" so I guess that does the trick and makes it survive a factory reset (wiping /data, /cache and /Dalvik-ART).

MRDA1981

Apr 16, 2017
Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro
Great app. Works a charm on my ZUK Z2 Pro, but slo-mo recording always means a crash, plus, there are a few options amiss on my device (like the 24- hour recording option). That said, this is hands-down the best quality app for my device when it comes to still shots, having little-to-none of the awful smudge/paintbrush effect which ruins many a promising app (including stock cameras).

I hope PMS will release an update soon.

mehrshad.shafaghi

Jun 27, 2015
Rasht
Redmi K20 Pro
Bro @PrathameshMS, since this port is awsome 98% working polished camera, I would like to ask you kindly to move this thread and make a universal one. Or at least make it compatible with more devices.
I own a kenzo (Xiaomi Redmi Note 3) And the camera is mostly working. Even the save2sd option. Still it lacks a few stuff like hfr/slomo settings are broken for all resolutions. H265 encoding is missing (yes, supported by the hardware). Unlimited recording would also be nice.

LGFr....

Dec 28, 2015
Great app. Works a charm on my ZUK Z2 Pro, but slo-mo recording always means a crash, plus, there are a few options amiss on my device (like the 24- hour recording option). That said, this is hands-down the best quality app for my device when it comes to still shots, having little-to-none of the awful smudge/paintbrush effect which ruins many a promising app (including stock cameras).

I hope PMS will release an update soon.

Fully agree. Also using it on my ZUK Z2 Pro with AEX ROM. App has fast shutter, good focus, automatic scene switch (incl. HDR), etc. And a fantastic denoising!
Functionalities almost on par with stock cam app -> only missing two features:
1. touchless shutter using the proximity sensor (good for shots at night)
2. small icon showing the scn mode (e.g. auto-mode choses HDR -> icon HDR is shown)

Is @PrathameshMS still active here? Does anybody know?

MRDA1981

Apr 16, 2017
Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro
Fully agree. Also using it on my ZUK Z2 Pro with AEX ROM. App has fast shutter, good focus, automatic scene switch (incl. HDR), etc. And a fantastic denoising!
2. small icon showing the scn mode (e.g. auto-mode choses HDR -> icon HDR is shown)

Do you get good quality shots with your phone and AEX? I tried AEX over the weekend, but failed to get the same picture quality with this app as I do w/Resurrection Remix; that and the shocking battery drain nudged me back to RR.

I saw MS on the YU forums; he seems to be working on an update which may include a fix for the slo-mo crash.

PrathameshMS

Jun 6, 2016
Mumbai

Hey,
I am active and thinking of pushing a bug fixing update as soon as I get time to do so. The reason for slow development process is that CyanogenOS is dead and we dont have a base to improve further for SDK 24/25. The base app is stuck on 23 and getting it to work without bugs on N without source code isn't really a simple task to do. Still I will try to fix SLOW-MO and add 1/64000 feature (that is in my hand and can do it easily).
Regards,
PMS.

Prince153

Jul 25, 2016
Hey,
I am active and thinking of pushing a bug fixing update as soon as I get time to do so. The reason for slow development process is that CyanogenOS is dead and we dont have a base to improve further for SDK 24/25. The base app is stuck on 23 and getting it to work without bugs on N without source code isn't really a simple task to do. Still I will try to fix SLOW-MO and add 1/64000 feature (that is in my hand and can do it easily).
Regards,
PMS.
And can you add selfie flash ?

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk

LGFr....

Dec 28, 2015
Good to hear that. Thank you!

As you do a lot oft camera tweaking, can you recommend any other APP for AOSP Nougat ROMs? With same picture quality (denoising!), and similar features like high shutter speed, Auto HDR, and maybe manual mode? One of your other projects?

By the way, what is this HDR+ mode of the CameraNext? Cannot see any diffence between on and off here....

MRDA1981

Apr 16, 2017
Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro
Hey,
Regards,
PMS.
Good to hear you're still in play and working on those bugs, @PrathameshMS. Will you be fixing the 24-hour recording bug and the issues with overexposure, too?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rahul0001

Kalyan nath

Feb 22, 2017
Hey,
Regards,
PMS.
He's back yessssssssss.... Will wait for the update ya.

Reactions: bijusamson

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA,
    I am new user at XDA Forums. I am a contributor of YU Official Forums. I mainly Mod Camera's and Port different Camera's for devices.
    MY PROFILE AT YU FORUMS:
    http://forums.yuplaygod.com/members/prathamesh.60858/
    MY WORK OF CAMERANEXTMOD OVER THERE:
    http://forums.yuplaygod.com/threads/official-cameranextmod-denoise-feature-extra-features-added-most-clear-camera-v6.28380/
    You may also see my other works over there.

Now coming to the main part. @abhi08638 stopped his CameraNextMod project. He has helped me a lot in modding CameraNext based on COS13. So all the basic features like Denoise, Saturation, Contrast, Exposure, Focus mode are present. You can adjust them according to your needs. :D

Video HDR is present as well. ;)

Things I can do
    Remove scenes
    Rearrange settings
    Unlock hidden options
    Use Video HDR
    Adjust Saturation, Contrast and Exposure

New Features Introduced:
    HDR+ Added.
    Touch AF / AEC added.
    New 3 Redesigned Icons.
    Auto Exposure Bracketing.
    And many More. :D

Things I can't do
    You tell. :p

Picture Settings
    All the recommended settings are given as Default. If you mess up things, just restore defaults. :)

How to install CameraNextMod:
    Just download the zip.
    Reboot to Recvery.
    Flash the zip and have phun:p

Note:
    Flashing this will delete Google Camera and Snap Camera. Flash at your own risk. :angel:

Downloads:
    Latest Version:
    CameraNextModv2
    Old Versions:
    CameraNextMod

TO DO:
    1) Redesign the icon. Added. :p
    2) Add Torch.
    3) Add 50 MP Oppo Port. Added as HDR+ ;)
    4) Reduce Focus Click Circle Icon. Added this as well. :3

I will give updates as and when I get time. ;)

Cheers,
    PRATHAMESH aka PMS. :)
    UPDATE:
    As many users said that their stock Camera should not be uninstalled, I fixed Panorama with different Base and now you can enjoy sweetness of CameraNextMod with your Stock Camera as well. :D
    Now coming to the Changelog:
    1) The Focus Ring's Radius is reduced now. So it looks more pleasant to focus.
    2) Fixed Storage Issues. (Some users faced it).
    3) Added Touch AF/AEC Feature.
    4) Added HDR+.
    5) Added Auto Exposure Bracketing.
    6) Added Option to disable beeping countdown sound.
    Coming to Video Sections:
    1) I am also trying to add Camera like denoise, saturation and all those **** to Video Section as well.
    2) Accordingly, Added White Balance.
    3) Added Power Shutter.
    4) Fixed Video Duration issues and 24 hours video issue.
    5) Now you will be able to record High Speed/Slow Motion.
    6) Still Time Lapse is present even if above feature is present. ;)
    General
    A great Thanks to @Yeti12 for designing the three new Icons.
    Now CameraNextMod is available with 3 new icons. You may flash any one you wish.

Instructions for Flashing:
    1) Download the Camera Zip.
    2) Reboot to Recovery.
    3) Flash the Zip File.
    4) Reboot and have phun. [emoji14]

Note:
    No need to uninstall previous versions as you may still enjoy the update with old versions. :)

Downloads:
    CameraNextMod- Eligma Icon
    CameraNextMod- Savage Blue Icon
    CameraNextMod- Vintage Green Icon

Credits:
    All Credits go to @Yeti12 for the icons. He has done a really great work for the icons.
    Visit http://www.yeti-designs.com/ for more cool and superb icons. :)

Happy Flashing. Will post SS below of the icons as well as new things. :)

Cheers,
    Prathamesh aka PMS.

Hey,
    Regards,
    PMS.
    [Systemless] [Magisk Module] [PMSCameraNextMod]
    I take no credits for this, all credits goes to @PrathameshMS aka PMS (for the CameraNextMod) and @topjohnwu (for the Magisk). But I think I deserve a thanks.:good:

Note: In order to use this mod you must have Magisk 14.0+ installed on your device. I changed nothing in CameraNextMod, I just made it systemless. I tested this on LineageOS 14.1, but this module should work with every ROM (you need magisk though) that the Classic version of CameraNextMod supports.
    Warnings!!!
    I take no responsibilities for the damages, if any, that occurs by installing this Module.
    Screenies:
    Eligma:
    a8378e4446be125bc06dfd6ca9c23f75.jpg

Vintage Green:
    c538464d0b8512cc3c9c4ef6755cdc8c.jpg

Savage Blue:
    4cfbf2abbb6842c6bcdd9c2635d79f91.jpg

New Features:
    aa1462237bb4075aa6e69254411e6b7b.jpg

a7fab0bf6984b97953a71003eff371f8.jpg

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk