[UPDATE] Moto G XT1033 Android Lollipop Update

Which one do you think is better? Lollipop or KitKat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

vikraminside

Jul 9, 2013
Which apk are you talking about?

Motorola update apk by those who could not get ota url or zip file but already received lollipop.

That will enable us to read from update server. Please see my post#309 for steps. This is not a rocket science.

Playstore allows us to download country based apk right? If that is the case the apk is designed to download from country based servers. Correct? So no need flashing offline etc just update from server.

Anybody can logically disagree from above statement.

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

SK Chowadry

Jul 18, 2014
London
How to convert Indian XT1033 to Brasil XT 1033

Hello any one suggest me how to convert the Indian XT 1033 to Brazil stock XT 1033
My device boot loader is Locked.
Is it required to unlock boot loader to flash Brazil stock to Indian XT 1033?

Help me with complete procedure.

Thanks in Advance

rehan512

Oct 2, 2012
Only bug found so far in this lollipop ota is when you are downloading any app from play store and press home or lock your screen sometimes download gets stopped. same has been observed in unofficial cm12 builds also. May be a play store issue.

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app

vikraminside

Jul 9, 2013
Only bug found so far in this lollipop ota is when you are downloading any app from play store and press home or lock your screen sometimes download gets stopped. same has been observed in unofficial cm12 builds also. May be a play store issue.

Yep compatibility issues are bound to occur. L is still in nascent stage.

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

KapilFaujdar

Apr 19, 2014
Jaipur

Internet connection issue.

OldYellowBricks

Aug 31, 2012
Hello any one suggest me how to convert the Indian XT 1033 to Brazil stock XT 1033
My device boot loader is Locked.
Is it required to unlock boot loader to flash Brazil stock to Indian XT 1033?

Help me with complete procedure.

Thanks in Advance

Dont do it. The soak test will make downgrading impossible. Wait for official update.

josephjdrew

Jan 24, 2013
Sydney
Any ideas as to whether I will be able to convert from CM 12 (GPE Converted from XT 1033 to XT1032) to Stock 4.4.4 XT1033? I was fairly sure that CM 12 doesn't touch the boot loader or lock me out from downgrading to 4.4.4?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    got notification for android 5.0 right now..

Hello guys just got notification to upgrade for android 5.0 ..moto g xt1033 dual Sim India..no root locked boot loader here is the SS.
    Knock it Off!

This is what happens when people have too much free time.... :eek:

I will remind members to follow the rules, and that means "respect for other members" No arguing, trolling, name calling etc...

I've cleaned the last few posts, and "HOPE" this arguing doesn't continue. I really don't care who started it so don't bother defending your actions. Any more posting of such nonsense will be subject to XDA rules and policies.

A reminder.... if you do not like a post, and feel it violates XDA Rules, your only option is to "REPORT POST" to XDA Moderation. Not post stuff because it bruised your internet ego. This isn't the place for digital testosterone wars. Take it to the social networks like FB, Classmates, Vkontakte etc..... And....definitely NOT PM!!!!

Thank You, and carry on in a civil manner please.

MD
    Motorola has pushed Lollipop officially to Moto G in India and Brazil. The rollout is in phases so its possible you might still not have received it.
    Version: 220.21.28.falcon_umtsds.AsiaRetail.en.03
    Note: This thread was created during soak test but unfortunately OP was banned from group for leaking information on this thread. But seems the thread is still active so please share any information,tips, latest news you have regarding Lollipop for Moto G here. Thanks.

P.S The OP is on lollipop now as soak test is over. ;)

Thanks
    cant you get the OTA link via ADB?

Não da pra pegar o link da OTA pelo ADB, Wendel?
    man, i tried but i couldn't. adb has trolling me with "device offline"... so i came for the root method. now i'm making upload, it's in 65%.

man, eu tentei mas não consegui. o adb tava dando o maldito erro de "device desconnected" ou era "device offline"
    ae eu fui pelo metodo do root... simples. agora to upando, tá em 65%
    So, every XT1033 guys are getting this invites... Hmmmmmmm.. Damn, I have an XT1032... If this dual SIM soak test gets leaked, it will be the first time XT1032 owners will want to convert to XT1033!! :D

Enjoy official L guys!