UPDATE : Moto G XT1033 ASIA RETAIL / INDIA Android Lollipop 5.0.2 Update 220.21.28

Search This thread

Nitin77

Jan 25, 2015
Data Not Working

Any updates regarding why the mobile data is not working, do you think its better to wait for an update. My mobile data has gone kaput (Changed APN settings, re stored, did soft & Hard re set) almost everything under the sun..but no luck.

Though my SIM 1 slot is tampered & doesn't detect any SIM, so basically just the SIM 2 slot which is working but mobile data is NOT detecting

NiTesh

Nov 24, 2013
Ranchi
www.droidtechie.com
Any updates regarding why the mobile data is not working, do you think its better to wait for an update. My mobile data has gone kaput (Changed APN settings, re stored, did soft & Hard re set) almost everything under the sun..but no luck.

Though my SIM 1 slot is tampered & doesn't detect any SIM, so basically just the SIM 2 slot which is working but mobile data is NOT detecting

Try this might help : Go to settings >> Sim cards >> Mobile data
Set Sim 2 for default data usage ?

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mangesh511

Feb 14, 2013
do i need to restore stock recovery ?
will my bootloader remain unlocked after ota flash ?since it will upgrade bootloader version also.
thanks.

android1288

Dec 30, 2013
My phone screen is not awake with incoming call..screen remains black only ringing..i have to press power button to see who is calling.anyone facing this problem?kindly help

Sent from my XT1068 using XDA Free mobile app

affineer

Jul 29, 2012
Badin
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Installation aborted!!!

Hi, Thanks for LP

I am on Moto G 4.4.4, with system version "210.124.0.falcon_umtsds.AsiaRetail.e n.03".

I have followed guide step by step. but no luck!!!

Installation aborted every time.

I have tried it both ways, through system update and recovery.

Any assistance to fix this would highly be appreciated.

Thanks,
waiting for expertly reply.

Last edited:

affineer

Jul 29, 2012
Badin
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Waiting for device Error

1. Download 4.4.4 from this link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5uo5LCdnblrVlhsRmdyeDRYV1E and Extract it to a folder
2. Download mfastboot-v2 and Extract it into the same folder
3. Reboot the phone into Bootloader
4. Run Following commands from the Command Prompt after cd-ing to the folder, one by one

mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase userdata
mfastboot reboot

setup KK as usual and after than copy lollipopop file in the root directory and either do check for update it will automatically detect your file or reboot to recovery and say install update from SD. Thats it :good:

Hit Thanks if it helped you

I can not execute any command of mfastboot to flash the 444 rom on my moto g BL locked, Stock, unrooted, 4.4.4

I have tried several methods to flash lollipop given here, installation aborted in recovery every time. manual flashing stops at WAITING FOR DEVICE error.

Please help.

affineer

Jul 29, 2012
Badin
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
I can not execute any command of mfastboot to flash the 444 rom on my moto g BL locked, Stock, unrooted, 4.4.4

I have tried several methods to flash lollipop given here, installation aborted in recovery every time. manual flashing stops at WAITING FOR DEVICE error.

Please help.

Solved.
To the best of my understanding mfastboot, given for this thread above is (or got) bad while downloading. I downloaded mfastboot from another thread, it worked.

I successfully flashed lollipop ? manually as directed in the guide above.

Thanks

Sent from my XT1030 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

subatomix

May 29, 2008
Hi, Thanks for LP
I am on Moto G 4.4.4, with system version "210.124.0.falcon_umtsds.AsiaRetail.e n.03".
I have followed guide step by step. but no luck!!!
Installation aborted every time.
I have tried it both ways, through system update and recovery.
Any assistance to fix this would highly be appreciated.
Thanks,
waiting for expertly reply.

When I first tried to install from KitKat 4.4.4 to 5.1, I couldn't start the installation either, but after I installed 5.0.2 first, than I only copied the setup file to the internal memory. On the first update check in Settings - About Phone - System Updates it found it automatically, pressed agree and installed with no further issues.. Everything still works as it should since then. My device is a XT1033 (dual sim), with both sims working.

Reactions: affineer

ZEELU

Jan 23, 2018
Hiiiii!!!When I Try To Do it From Recovery Option Then IT dISPLAY meSSAGE THAT INSTALLTION ABORTED PLZ SOMEONE HELP!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: Dear All Asia Retail Moto G XT 1033 (2013) here is a good news

NOTE : This update only works with if you are in unmodified STOCK KITKAT ROM Asia Retail version. will not work in Modified Stock ROM
    I have managed to collect the OTA Lollipop 5.0.2 update file and sucessfully updated the in my moto g XT 1033 and Screen Shots are attached .
    The file name is Blur_Version.210.12.40.falcon_umtsds.AsiaRetail.en.03

Here are links.
    WORKING ANDROID LOLLIPOP 5.0.2 OFFICIAL SOAK TEST OTA FOR ASIA RETAIL XT1033
    (Build Number is the same as Kitkat because when it's captured the build no. remains the same as the current firmware)

DOWNLOAD LINKs :-
    1. MediaFire = http://www.mediafire.com/download/n....220.21.28.falcon_umtsds.AsiaRetail.en.03.zip UPDATED

2. Google Drive : http://goo.gl/KAA3GS(working)

3. MEGA - http://goo.gl/dGYIl6 CREDITS TO @modifan14 @Exios @ace9000! @4pdaforum

4. Yandex Disk - https://yadi.sk/d/zWtiujQmdvwj2 CREDITS TO @modifan14 @Exios @ace9000! @4pdaforum

5. Dropfiles - http://dropmefiles.com/rBTmd CREDITS TO @modifan14 @Exios @ace9000! @4pdaforum

TUTORIAL 5.0.2: XT 1033 Asia Retail
    Check if you are in the 4.4.4 KITKAT (System Version 210.12.40.falcon_umtsds.AsiaRetail.en.03) good! You're on the right way.
    Download the file above and put in the root of your internal storage.

Rename the file to "Blur_Version.220.21.28.falcon_umtsds.AsiaRetail.en.03.zip" and check System Updates

OR

Go to boot loader mode, choose recovery option. Once in recovery option, you'll see NOTHING. Don't worry, press the power button and click in Volume +. Will appear some options; choose "apply update from SD Card"

Your phone will reboot and you will get the 5.0.2 Asia Retail...!

ENJOY LOLLIPOP!

Erase or Wipe the cache partition after Updating to LOLLIPOP
    In LOLLIPOP there is new way to get into the recovery. It is as follows.

Press and hold Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until the device logo or Android logo appears on the screen.
    You should now see a large arrow at the top of the screen.
    Tap Volume Down repeatedly until you see Recovery in the arrow. Then tap the Volume UP button
    Then you will see an android on his back, chest open with a red triangle and exclamation mark.
    Now hold Power button for 5 Seconds & tap Volume Up once before releasing the Power. (Just opposite to KITKAT function)
    A list of items should now appear at top of screen.
    Tap Volume Down until the item to erase or wipe the cache partition gets highlighted. Then tap Power button to initiate the wipe process.

MOTOROLA UPDATED APPS ( 19/01/2015) Installedin MotoG and I Haven't Notice any changes as of now.
    Today Motorola updated following apps
    Motorola Camera
    Motorola Gallery
    Motorola Help
    Motorola Update services
    Motorola Migrate
    Motorola Contextual Services

Follow this link to update

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_uyHnroYDznT2dGZHVvMmd6ZmM/edit?usp=docslist_api

Welcome to comment about changes.

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU ! SHARING IS CARING
    Brilliant! Thanks my fellow Moto lover!

You sir have given me the highlight of my day!

I installed the update from my sd card (recovery options - flash) and it has installed and booted up into ART runtime like a charm!
    Thanks so much for capturing this OTA. The MEGA link is particularly fast! (To those with broadband / 4G - take note)

For those who are unsure of how to flash the update using recovery options, please get yourselves up to speed by watching videos or reading articles. It's a 2 step process that needs to be followed to the T.

The process:
    Step 1:
    1) Copy the file to your internal storage.
    2) Power your phone down.
    3) Press the power & the volume down button together for about five seconds and the let go.
    4) You should now have the fast boot screen.
    5) Scroll using the DOWN volume button and come to "Recovery"
    6) Use the UP volume button to SELECT "Recovery. ------ Your device will now boot to a sleeping android.

Step 2:
    1) Do NOT panic.
    2) Press the volume UP & POWER buttons together for 5 seconds.
    3) Let go.
    4) Select Apply Update from SD Card.
    5) Find the file & flash!

Bingo! You are good to go. Your device will take about 15 minutes to install the update, 10 minutes to power up, 10 minutes to convert your current applications to ART compatibility. And you have Android 5.0.2 up and running.

Thanks again mate! 5.0.2 is now on!
    D
    Deleted member 4515662
    Luciano Carvalho
    12:59 PM

There is a fundamental misunderstanding about what soak test means. The build pushed to be soak tested is actually the final candidate. If a showstopper is found, the soak test population receives an update. If it started rolling out to other people outside of the soak test pool, it means the build is good and has been promoted to final (from candidate).
    It's exactly the same build that's been "soaked" or real use and good to go out to everyone else.
    Hope this clarifies it.

He is a moto employee. Now please can we stop with the necessary discussion about soak of last week and final ota today released? It's SAME.

If you think it's buggy, then stay away. Small bugs are potential cause of the big firmware. But these are not because of Motorola, these are from OS itself. Motorola did pretty good job, I'm on this from last week and I can say its pretty solid for daily use.

In future when google fixes the issue, moto will update us too. or even before if Motorola thinks a patch is ready, we will be updated.

Source-
    https://plus.google.com/100740094775367556925/posts/PspviGrwigz
    Dudes stop BS around and spread dumb guides.

NEVER FLASH 4.4.2 AFTER LOLLIPOP UPGRADE. NEVER
    of course you will upgrade to 4.4.4 some time after via OTA "because why not" and congratulations on bricked phone.

Flash ONLY 4.4.4 after you flashed lollipop.
    If you are at GPE 5.0.1 flash 4.4.4 GPE and then stock 4.4.4 and then proceed with guides to upgrade with test lollipop.

I repeat - NEVER FLASH 4.4.2. Everyone spreading this BS with flashing it should be temp banned from forum for making danger of bricking phone
    No I am not registered in Soak test. Its an update from 4.4.4. to 5.0.2

I have tested this in Two Moto G XT 1033

Uploaded 107 MB out of 356 MB.
    Wait will over soon. Cheers