[UPDATE]mToolbox 0.3.0 - The Swiss knife for your PPC

Search This thread

[germany]merlot

Oct 27, 2007
Overview_mToolbox.jpg

Thanks to all betatesters for their help and I apologize for all bugs and inconveniences.

FAQ:

Q: When I start the app I got a error: "mToolbox.exe TypeLoadException". What can I do?
A: Try a softreset, it's known problem when your RAM is quite full.

mToolbox is a multifunctional sensor app. It's like a Swiss knife but without all the hardware functions. mToolbox is using the built-in sensors of your device. So in this version the light sensor and the G-sensor are supported. Maybe I add the support for the stylus sensor in a further release.

You'll have:
  • water level
  • light sensor
  • ruler
  • angle meter and
  • shock sensor

It's very important that you report me every error (maybe with screenshot). That's the only way to make the app bug-free. Report here or send me an email to: error ( a ) dev.etechniker.com

Overview - Features, ToDo and System requirements

Changelog

Screenshots

Download

Suggestion are welcome on every time.

If you like this app, I would be very happy if you donate me a coffee or two.

If you want you can "follow me" and the progress on twitter.

Last edited:

xtremekilla09

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2009
Looks awesome, I would like to see this toolbox available in all ROMS as a standard.

I already PM'ed you about beta testing it for you.

frmariam

Oct 21, 2008
I have an Omnia (WQVGA). G-sensor apps work by having the htc gsensor api dlls.

How about adding a g-sensor pedometer function?

Also what happened to mFlash? It was a usefull tool (too bad the standby/hibernate function and the power button of the phone would turn off the flash led... it needed a button to turn of screen). I think it would be a nice addition to the toolbox.

Last edited:

[germany]merlot

Oct 27, 2007
I have an Omnia (WQVGA). G-sensor apps work by having the htc gsensor api dlls.

How about adding a g-sensor pedometer function?

Also what happened to mFlash? It was a usefull tool (too bad the standby/hibernate function and the power button of the phone would turn off the flash led... it needed a button to turn of screen). I think it would be a nice addition to the toolbox.

Yes you're welcome to try the beta version. Look at the first post where I added the download link to the beta vesion.

What exactly do you mean with pedometer? Do you mean a step counter?

Sorry that I can't continue with mFlash but without a device with flashlight it's not possible.

xtremekilla09

Jan 28, 2009
The buttons are quite large for the VGA device right now and some of the buttons have a hard time actually working. Meaning it takes a while for me to actually get into the tool I want.

I know I was supposed to e-mail you, but thought this might be easier.
I am working on the screenshots.

bbonzz

Nov 11, 2008
I have a Blackstone, EVO IIIt cooked ROM (wm 6.1, Manila 2.0, NetCf 3.5, localized IT). I cannot even start the app:
Code:
mToolbox.exe
TypeLoadException

Same error with version 1.3

Last edited:

Glotzeulor

Dec 6, 2008
Constance
The buttons are quite large for the VGA device right now and some of the buttons have a hard time actually working. Meaning it takes a while for me to actually get into the tool I want.

I know I was supposed to e-mail you, but thought this might be easier.
I am working on the screenshots.

Same Problem here (diamond VGA). Buttons must be pressed hard and often before i get any reaction. Also text, for example in thre ruler app, is cut off on the right side, or overlapping. Also the program is running VERY slow (don't know if that's because of my rom) Exit Button does not work for me, i think (killed the program by taskmanager after waiting 30 seconds).
I'd love to help you beta testing, but at the moment the app is not really usable on my device.

teva

Jun 17, 2007
I get error when starting program

mToolbox.exe
TypeLoadException

Touch HD - stock rom

[germany]merlot

Oct 27, 2007
I've made some changes and uploaded version 0.2.1 beta. Please use the download link in the first post and try the new version.

*some changes in the resolution calculation
*fixed some bugs

Some things I have noticed,
In the shock section, it will freeze sometimes when logging is on (tested on AT&T Topaz rom, but on my custom rom it works ok so far.)
Also the info section, it would be better to color the x y z letters to show what they are on the graph. and maybe a set of guides as to what the graph should look like when the phone is laying flat up with no movement. That way you can get an idea of the angles as well. and a way to record and view a log (while in the app, i do see a record button, but no intuitive way to read such log)

Also the page animations are slow (switching between menu and the sections of the app.)

Other than that I love this application and plan on cooking it into my roms as soon as it is closer to being finished, if that is okay anyway.

xtremekilla09

Jan 28, 2009
Ok, so I finally got around to posting these screens.

Here is what I have:
My device:- HTC Touch PRO (VGA)
mToolbox version:- 0.2.1 BETA

So here are the screen shots:
- The splash screen has some overlapping.
- The red marking in the third screen, shows the areas that respond to touch. I can only touch that area of the button to activate that tool.
- I didn't include the screen for light sensor because my light sensor is off for now, and I reached the limit for attachments in a post (its 8 attachment per post).

View attachment 207593View attachment 207594View attachment 207595View attachment 207596View attachment 207597Ruler.jpgAngle.jpgView attachment 207601

The water level, 'angle' and shock sensor all worked perfectly. Its just a matter of resizing them. As you can tell Water level is way off the target. The 'angle' needs a bit of tweaking and the shock sensor is ok.
The App is still a bit sluggish when I go to any tool.

Some cool things I did notice were that I can just slide from left to right to get back to the main menu and the arrow in between Back and Exit is really useful to gain more screen space.

Awesome tool, merlot. Hope we can get this working on VGA devices.

focosi

May 25, 2008
I too have Samsung Omnia SGH-i900 running a WM6.5 ROM (build 23007) by Sector. After installing the 0.2.1 beta .cab and tapping the icon in start menu I just can see the initial splash screen and then the app crashes without any explanation.. I have > 40 MB free RAM so that shouldn't be an issue. An suggestion ?

P.S: for those of you interested in mLight, I recommend moving to TorchButton, which currenly has lots more function (ideally to be integrated in mToolbox !)