• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Update: New Joying Px5 head unit stuck on "download pending" from Play Store

Search This thread

tlyonstlyons

Mar 13, 2008
Update: New Joying Px5 head unit stuck on "download pending" from Play Store

I have a brand new Joying Android 8.1 4GB RAM 64GB ROM 10.1 that reports itself as a px5.
this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L9SW4LH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Whenever I try to update or download apps from the Play Store I get stuck on "download pending" and it never goes further, even overnight.

I have cleared data, cache, powered up/down, reset, reset to factory, allowed all permissions I can find, etc. with no improvement. Can anyone suggest a fix? I am disappointed this is happening right from the box. The hardware looks great by the way. I can sideload apps fine but that is awkward.

Thanks,
Tim

Update: Joying sent me a firmware that will not install but the instructions were sketchy. From another thread, it seemed I should uncompress the .RAR; put it on a FAT32 microsd; plug it in the unit and it would automatically update. It would not update automatically nor manually. Sad.

Last edited:

tlyonstlyons

Mar 13, 2008
I have a brand new Joying Android 8.1 4GB RAM 64GB ROM 10.1 that reports itself as a px5.
this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L9SW4LH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Whenever I try to update or download apps from the Play Store I get stuck on "download pending" and it never goes further, even overnight.

I have cleared data, cache, powered up/down, reset, reset to factory, allowed all permissions I can find, etc. with no improvement. Can anyone suggest a fix? I am disappointed this is happening right from the box. The hardware looks great by the way. I can sideload apps fine but that is awkward.

Thanks,
Tim

Update: Joying sent me a firmware that will not install but the instructions were sketchy. From another thread, it seemed I should uncompress the .RAR; put it on a FAT32 microsd; plug it in the unit and it would automatically update. It would not update automatically nor manually. Sad.

Final: Joying was helpful but many of the answers looked like Google translate blurring the distinctions among USB #1, USB #2, microSD or SD slots; among RAR , zip and APK. In the end, the .IMG file was expecting to see a subdirectory named "demo" with some content and nothing else on a USB stick in the left USB slot. As helpful as Joying was trying to be, none of that was really described. I do appreciate that they very much kept trying until the issue was resolved.

But all is well now and the head unit is really nice.

dbmgreen

Oct 28, 2008
I have exactly the same problem? Could you expand a little on your solution. They sent me a file as well, but it certainly doesn't auto update

jlbooth

Feb 5, 2013
OnePlus 6T
I have also found a lot of times the play store will hold up app updates ("Download pending") when it is updating any of the Google services or if the Play store app itself is being updated.

Also I agree with @FransUrbo. Plus trying a faster connection can get the download(s) to complete quicker.

Top Liked Posts