Update on LG Official Pie Development

Search This thread

br0adband

Mar 28, 2008
US carrier models won't be seeing it for a few weeks I'd guess, but I have no interest in it as stated previously. It's still Android, nothing new to bother with or care about for my purposes.

Reactions: BROKEN1981

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Are you actually reading this thread actively before you post things, 'cause... this was just mentioned a few posts back if you're paying attention. :confused:
He gave link to where actual LG Bridge download can be found. I've downloaded it, and am now uploading to AFH, as well as posting that LG Bridge link and his own Mega link in the EU H930 Pie thread.

[H930][STOCK][PIE]LG V30 European open market H93030b_00_OPEN_EU_OP_0704.kdz
https://xdaforums.com/lg-v30/development/h930-lg-v30-european-market-t3951898

Last edited:

src151

Apr 19, 2014
I read somewhere that even LG V20 will get Pie, so in theory Q is possible for V30, who knows at this point. But I think I will not have V30 at that time.

//
edited: mirrored selfie pictures "on by default" fixed in options

Last edited:
Reactions: BROKEN1981

CampfireVibés

Nov 16, 2015
2 major updates meaning is that already

v30 deployed with Nougat
1st major update nougat - - >oreo
2nd major update oreo - - > pie

oh shi* you're right in that case the only hope we have is that the phone was released in September and android q will be released around the 21st of august which would be within the 2 years of the phones release :)

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
"WHERE is Q?"

;)

(Possibly not coming. We are only guaranteed one more letter upgrade once on Oreo.)

@ChazzMatt, let's make a force for LG update our devices for "Q"!

Not likely. LG will probably stick with 2 major update policy. LG V20 like the V30 launched with android Nougat

2 major updates meaning is that already

v30 deployed with Nougat
1st major update nougat - - >oreo
2nd major update oreo - - > pie

With Google Enterprise Recommended agreement, for the V30 series LG was only obligated to one letter upgrade past Oreo in addition to two or three years of at least 90-day security updates. (They can do more often if they wish, but have to do it at least every 90 days.) The only reason they got on the Enterprise Recommended list was because of the "imminent" upgrade to Oreo at the time of release in late 2017.

Google Enterprise Recommended requires Oreo as a pre-requisite, and V30 launched with Nougat. But to be on Enterprise Recommended list is a great selling point.

However, the Oreo "imminent" update was NOT as fast as that word should mean -- but nevertheless once on Oreo, the security updates did come more or less every three months (sometimes even every two months) and we are now getting Pie.

Except for the remainder of the security updates time (whose clock may have started in Q2 2018 with Oreo update), LG doesn't "owe" the V30 any future letter update.

Morally, do they owe us Q? Yes, to make up for the slow update to Pie and to repair their reputation. :p

Emu

Apr 5, 2013
They shipped the V30 with an outdated OS. Oreo was already available by the time the V30 arrived and it was a major point all the reviews criticized. While LG isn't obligated remember even the G5 got Oreo. Who knows if they got smart and spent all this time to convert to Treble, they'd have a much easier time to do the next letter upgrade. There's nothing in the hardware that stands in the way. Just the willingness of a billion dollar company to not leave millions of users hanging.

NandorHUN

Nov 15, 2014
Best way to get back the offical OS?

Hi Guys!

I've been on custom ROMS for half a year, but the phone wasn't the most stable on either if the ROMS.

Can you link me / help me, what's the best and safest way to get back to the original LG OS, recovery etc...?
Since the Pie come out on LG, I was hoping it would solve all my problems.

shoman94

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2009
Maine
With Google Enterprise Recommended agreement, for the V30 series LG was only obligated to one letter upgrade past Oreo in addition to two or three years of at least 90-day security updates. (They can do more often if they wish, but have to do it at least every 90 days.) The only reason they got on the Enterprise Recommended list was because of the "imminent" upgrade to Oreo at the time of release in late 2017.

Google Enterprise Recommended requires Oreo as a pre-requisite, and V30 launched with Nougat. But to be on Enterprise Recommended list is a great selling point.

However, the Oreo "imminent" update was NOT as fast as that word should mean -- but nevertheless once on Oreo, the security updates did come more or less every three months (sometimes even every two months) and we are now getting Pie.

Except for the remainder of the security updates time (whose clock may have started in Q2 2018 with Oreo update), LG doesn't "owe" the V30 any future letter update.

Morally, do they owe us Q? Yes, to make up for the slow update to Pie and to repair their reputation. :p
Well my v30 still have March 1st security.....

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Well my v30 still have March 1st security.....

Security patch date is sometimes one month behind update release date. You have to look at when the prior update was released, to see if you're more than three months behind.

If that was released in April (with March security patch), then May, June, July is three months.

Also LG PLANNED to released Pie by end of June, so they didn't make any more Oreo updates. Then end of June, they apologized and said it would be at least July for Pie due to "unforseen" bugs.

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+

Last edited:

shoman94

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2009
Maine
Security patch date is sometimes one month behind update release date. You have to look at when the prior update was released, to see if you're more than three months behind.

If that was released in April (with March security patch), then May, June, July is three months.

Also LG PLANNED to released Pie by end of June, so they didn't make any more Oreo updates. Then end of Jube6 they apologized and said it would be at least July for Pie due to "unforseen" bugs.

It was put out March 21st. They were doing it every 2 months with the last 2 being a month apart.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey @br0adband
    Let's please return to the original topic of this thread: "Updates for LG Official Pie".
    If you guys want to carry on discussing pixel camera and debate that -> there's a seperate thread for that or simply go on private messages.
    i thought of getting one of these... but idk if i can use the ota zip at all... ?
    aka force an ota update thats "not made" for my phone
    otas are sadly delta updates... so just extracting it wont work

I have the tools needed to convert a delta update to a full update -- so if someone has a credit card that will work on that site, I will be willing to pay for it.

My OP7 Pro hasn't arrived, so I am still kicking with my US998 for now ;)

-- Brian
    For those people that stick to and focus on the delays in the monthly security patches that Google pushes out, think of this for a moment:

Is your device currently compromised? Do you even know? Would you even know how to discover it's compromised? Are you fully apprised of each and every possible exploit that exists for Android right now this moment? Do you subscribe to the security sites that publish information about such exploits? Is the only thing that matters to you these monthly security patches that Google pushes out to OEMs?

is your device "infected" by something right now at this exact moment in time that happened or was able to infect your device because it's using a security patch from a few months ago that didn't cover the infection of exploit?

No?

Then what the hell are you crying about?

All I ever see are people complaining about the lack of security patch updates and yet nobody is actively complaining "OMFGWTFBBQ, my device is infected... I've been exploited..." or words to that effect and yet our devices work just fine.

You have to realize that when Google pushes out a security patch it's out of their hands at that point and it's up to device manufacturers to release it past that point, yes, this is a well known fact. But those device manufacturers have to test it on their devices pretty thoroughly before they can allow it to be pushed out as an OTA or downloadable update for any given devices 'cause if they just pass it on immediately to their end users that own their devices and it screws something up for a portion of their customers that just makes things WORSE for not only those customers, but others that are considering applying said patches/updates not to mention the device manufacturer as well.

Seriously, stop whining, it's old - it's been old for a long long time now and yet it still happens. If you want "on time" security patches and updates, buy a Google device, or go buy a used Essential Phone or something ('cause Andy Rubin's team has very close ties with Google which is the primary reason that device gets it's own updates so quickly), or maybe something from BlackBerry (same principle).

Geez, man, get over it. I've used LG devices for years, I've used Samsung devices for years, I used to use Motorola devices but to Hell with 'em for screwing over their customers so many times (I'm an original 1st day Atrix and Bionic owner screwed both times for Android major updates, and apparently they just announced last week they're not going to provide the major update for some of their current or recent flagships all over again). I've owned devices from most every major manufacturer and NONE of them have ever suffered any kind of exploit or infection or malware related to a delayed security patch update.

And I don't know a single person that has either.

I don't buy Google devices except for the original Galaxy Nexus and the Nexus 6 but those were used and at crazy insane prices that I couldn't pass up but were sold quickly afterward for profit But if you absolutely MUST have the latest and greatest and you want those monthly security patches and updates the moment they're available, get a Google device and stop your incessant whining about it for LG, Samsung, etc.

I mean really, grow up, will ya? :D
    No, what we said was official Pie would at least start with 30a or 30-something.

If they're already up to H930 30b without general public release, then something was found to be wrong with 30a and it was just late beta.

Exactly... basically V30a was a Release Candidate, it was in testing, they found a critical error, thats why V30b was released... thats now in testing again, and if stable (or whatever else the reason was they had to fix stuff) it will release to all european H930s in probably 2 - 4 weeks (depends how long they end up testing, but thats the general timespan between compile date and release date based on history).
    Thank you, if you can share 29a file for H870 :good::good:

If you are to sell the up file to the ignorant people and slander the innocent person like me, I won't share the link that you want.