Question Update OnePlus 10 Pro from HydrogenOS (CN) to OxygenOS (EU/GL/IN) without rooting

Search This thread

AfriPally

Jun 8, 2022
So the old local upgrade method to change oneplus chinese version to oxygenOS isn't possible anymore?

Got my NE2210 chinese version today and want to change to the EU oxygenOS version, but I've read on other forums here of people bricking their phones. If I can't do the local upgrade I'll return it and consider another phone brand.

zelma83

Mar 22, 2022
Ulricehamn
OnePlus 10 Pro
So the old local upgrade method to change oneplus chinese version to oxygenOS isn't possible anymore?

Got my NE2210 chinese version today and want to change to the EU oxygenOS version, but I've read on other forums here of people bricking their phones. If I can't do the local upgrade I'll return it and consider another phone brand.
Please tell me if you got it to do.
Im in same position, but not knowledge.

AfriPally

Jun 8, 2022
I was able to change to EU rom from NE2210, without issue and have been using the phone without issue since. I followed this guide: https://xdaforums.com/t/oneplus-10-pro-global-rom-india-eu.4424973/post-86875495. Be sure to read the entire thread to get a more complete understanding of what is required. Just follow the instructions exactly, and read them over a few times before attempting it yourself.

zelma83

Mar 22, 2022
Ulricehamn
OnePlus 10 Pro
I was able to change to EU rom from NE2210, without issue and have been using the phone without issue since. I followed this guide: https://xdaforums.com/t/oneplus-10-pro-global-rom-india-eu.4424973/post-86875495. Be sure to read the entire thread to get a more complete understanding of what is required. Just follow the instructions exactly, and read them over a few times before attempting it yourself.
I have problem with fastboot enhanced, i trying little of everything.
I drive windows 11 on my mac.

EtherealRemnant

or just buy a cheap laptop with win 10 or win 11 on it
Do people just not know people who have computers? It blows my mind to think that in this connected age people don't have computers and PCs are far and away still the most common. We have... 2 fully working desktops, 4 fully working laptops, and 3 partial desktops (they need PSUs) in my house between my two roommates and I, I couldn't imagine us not having at least one.

Ojeda.pat

Jun 22, 2022
This process uses Oxygen Updater as I haven't found the full EU/GL/IN stock ROMs anywhere else.

Update OnePlus 10 Pro NE2210 (CN) from HydrogenOS (NE2210_11_A.12) to OxygenOS EU (NE2213_11_A.12)
  • Download [Play Store] apk and install
  • [Play Store] install [Oxygen Updater]
  • [Oxygen Updater] Device: One Plus 10 Pro EU
  • [Oxygen Updater] Update method: Stable (full)
  • [Oxygen Updater] Settings > Advanced Mode - activate
  • [Oxygen Updater] Update > Download the full stock ROM (4.15 GB)
  • Activate Developer Options
  • Update > Local install
  • CURRENT STATUS: Verification failed

I've done this process before for other OnePlus phones and it was very straightforward. For some reason is not working with this OnePlus 10 Pro. Any insight on how to continue?

Thanks!
I found a YT video in which someone changed the ROM from COLOR OS to Oxygen OS.
I didn't quite understand how he did it, but I contacted him and he was kind enough to do it for me, via Anydesk.
This is the YT video, and this is the Facebook profile.

He is a great person who helped me a lot.
I Found a YT Video

Reactions: zelma83

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Short description for "How to switch from ColorOS (Chinese version) to OxygenOS (IND/EU) on OnePlus 10 Pro". I did the flash under Windows 10, even if I'm usually a Linux guy...

BEFORE DOING THIS MANUAL, MAKE A BACKUP OF THE DATA OF YOUR DEVICE! Your phone will be DELETED completely!

1.)
    - Download the desired ROM (Oxygen OS 12.1 A11 (IND) or Oxygen OS 12.1 A12 (EU) (Auntie Google has the answer, effective April 2022) -> extract
    - download OnePlus_USB_driver.zip:
    https://oneplususbdrivers.com/download-oneplus-usb-driver/ -> extract
    - download Android Platform SDK:
    https://www.techspot.com/downloads/downloadnow/5425/?evp=de0a68064118855fcddcc3980a2143c4&file=6062 -> extract
    - download "Fastboot Enhance Tool": https://xdaforums.com/t/tool-windows-fastboot-enhance-payload-dumper-image-flasher.4310553/ -> extract
    2.) First of all, disable driver signature check for Windows 10, because the OnePlus drivers are not signed (yet).
    3.) After restarting Windows, install the OnePlus drivers by executing the .exe file from the extracted folder.
    4.) Copy the payload.bin file from the downloaded ROM into the folder where the fastbootenhance tool is located
    5.) Enable Developer Options on your phone
    6.) Enter the Developer Options, enable OEM unlock and USB debugging there
    7.) Now connect your OnePlus 10 Pro to your computer by a USB cable. Make sure it's started, screen unlocked and charged over 60%
    8.) On your computer, open File Explorer and switch to the Android SDK folder. Click in the address line above and type CMD [Enter]. A CMD window opens in the SDK folder.
    9.) In CMD, type "adb devices". A new line should appear with the encrypted name of your device. When an empty line is returned, check the driver installation. If this line returns the name, but the suffix "not allowed", you must first allow this connection ON YOUR PHONE. Disconnect and reconnect your device and confirm the popup that appears on your phone! (Best is to enable "Always allow connections from this computer"!)
    10.) Now type "adb reboot bootloader" in CMD. Your telephone restarts automatically to bootloader mode. In this mode your phone should tshow you it's name and beside of some other information you don't need, that the bootloader is LOCKED.
    11.) Type in CMD "adb flashing unlock [Enter]". Now your phone should restart and ask you, if you want to unlock the bootloader or do not unlock the bootloader. With the volume buttons, switch to "UNLOCK BOOTLOADER" and confirm by pressing the Power Button.
    12.) After doing so, restart your phone. After rebooting, go back to CMD and type "adb reboot fastboot". Your phone now should restart to "FASTBOOTD MODE". You are asked to choose a language (I recommend english after all... ;-) )
    13.) Open the "Device Manager" on your computer.
    14.) If device manager shows you some unknown device like "Android: ! 'ossi'" or similar, your device is not recognized in fastbootd mode. In that case continue with pt. 15. Otherwise continue with pt. 19
    15.) Right-click on the unknown Android device and choose "Update driver..." -> "Search my computer for drivers" -> "Pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
    16.) When OnePlus drivers where installed correctly some steps above, Device Manager should suggest you 3 different possible drivers. Choose "OnePlus ADB Interface Manager" and confirm your choice. Windows will warn you that a wrong choice will crash Windows. Confirm also this warning.
    17.) If everything went good, the before unknown device will change to an Android ADB Interface Device. When that happend, everything is good and you're good to go on.
    18.) Just to be really sure: Type in CMD again "fastboot devices" and your computer should tell you the s/n of your phone with the suffix "fastboot". This will tell you your device is recognized in fastboot mode.
    19.) Start "FASTBOOTENHANCE" tool from the respective folder (Folder name "release")
    20.) Now you can follow the instructiions here at pt. 8.:

Puuuuuuh! That was enoying..! Maybe I have missed something... If so, please tell me by PN and I will complement this manual. But at this time, I guess it should work. I did it right like that this day - and it works fine! Finally I have my foremost chinese OP10Pro with a EU ROM in (swiss) german!

And if it works just like that (after my manual), please let me know as well!

Have fun! Oliver

Oh, there's something I forgot: I had after flashing still about a dozen of chinese apps I had to delete manually. Don't be surprised by that!
    Hi, I've been registered on XDA for a while but I've never made a real post, but today I will make my contribution.

A few months ago I purchased a OnePlus 10 Pro 256/12 on famous chinese website. It's a Chinese variant (NE2210) but with an international ROM (NE2215). Works like a charm, i've updated it to OxygenOS 13 and it works fine. Only a few glitchs remain from the migration. I've decided to factory reset it with migration to NE2213 ROM (I'm from UE).

I've done it with some tutorials (developer mode, bootloader unlock, Fastboot enhanced to flash NE2213) with no issue and at the restart, bootloop at the OnePlus animation. I supposed it was related to the fact that I unlock and relock the bootloader unlock. First mistake, the phone now bootloop on formating partition...

Impossible to do anything except going in EDL mode (with vol+/vol- combinaison).

I've tried flashing plenty of ROM from any variant with plenty of version of MSMDownloadTool or Oplus Flasher. Nothing worked, I was stuck at "Authenticating" or 3% of the flashing process. Certainly a credential issue of MSMDownloadTool.
    I've tried for a while and in last resort I've decided to pay someone to flash it with his version of MSMDownloadTool and working credentials.
    And thanks to him, in about half a hour on TeamViewer and about 30$, my phone was unbricked but with ColorOS (It's a Chinese variant and the guy claimed that only a Chinese ROM could work).
    For the record it's MinistryOfSolution. It's not an ad, if this doesn't match XDA policy a moderator can remove it, but they are quite professional.

After this rescue operation, I've chosen to get another try flashing an EU ROM on the phone with OxygenOS.
    I've restart the whole process with ADB, Bootloader unlocking and Fastboot enhanced with a NE2213_C20 (Oxygen OS 13).
    It works great, the phone has restarted with no issues on OxygenOS (I presume that this NE2210 phone with NE2215 Rom had an issue with GPT partinioning or a difference that I can't explain).
    However, after a few hours, I figured it out that the phone wouldn't charge except on wireless charge. Besides, USB connection to PC didn't work.
    I've tried to reflash NE2213_C20 (luckily, USB debugging still worked) but it was the same. Phone not charging.

I've looked on the internet, no one seemed to have the same issue. 🫤

Then I've tried to flash a Oxygen OS 12 (NE2213_11_A15) to see if the issue was still present. And that was the solution. The phone is now charging normally. Next I've made the migration OxygenOS13 (with Oxygen Updater and local update - note : If local update not present or grayed, activate Developer Mode and flush storage of "System Update" application).
    Once updated, the charging still working, I factory reset it a last time and lock bootloader and everything works fine since then. ☺️

Maybe the OxygenOS 13 ROM has something missing and can't be flashed from scratch.

I hope this will help someone especially the part with the USB charge not working.

Have a nice day.
    This process uses Oxygen Updater as I haven't found the full EU/GL/IN stock ROMs anywhere else.

Update OnePlus 10 Pro NE2210 (CN) from HydrogenOS (NE2210_11_A.12) to OxygenOS EU (NE2213_11_A.12)
    • Download [Play Store] apk and install
    • [Play Store] install [Oxygen Updater]
    • [Oxygen Updater] Device: One Plus 10 Pro EU
    • [Oxygen Updater] Update method: Stable (full)
    • [Oxygen Updater] Settings > Advanced Mode - activate
    • [Oxygen Updater] Update > Download the full stock ROM (4.15 GB)
    • Activate Developer Options
    • Update > Local install
    • CURRENT STATUS: Verification failed

I've done this process before for other OnePlus phones and it was very straightforward. For some reason is not working with this OnePlus 10 Pro. Any insight on how to continue?

Thanks!
    A long time? Dude it's one installer.

Did you use parallels or bootcamp?
    I dont know what am using, i have it in utm.
    I download windows 10 know, hope i get it good.