• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

UPDATE: OnePlus 8 IN2017 T-Mobile to International (with Bootloader Re-LOCK)

Search This thread

thattechguy_69

Aug 23, 2021
Chiefland, Florida
The required files will be attached in the end of this guide.
OnePlus 8 Global ROM
MSM TOOL for IN2017

Credits to these amazing people for making this possible:
@matteosaeed and his Guide.
•Ms. user_ajusee's Guide
•Mr. gregoryaul (@Aulgreg38) from HighOnAndroid Forums
•THE MAN HIMSELF: Mr. Max Lee himself of HighOnAndroid Forums; link to his YouTube channel.

1st Step: First install the Drivers of the phone and the Qualcomm Drivers inside the attached file after downloading it at the bottom of this guide.

2nd Step: Make sure your OnePlus 8 IN2017's bootloader is unlocked- unlocking bootloader will result to factory resetting your phone. Please backup your phone before doing this process. Instructions on how to unlock

3rd Step: After the bootloader is unlocked, you have to enable "USB Debugging" and reboot your device to Fastboot Mode.

4th and Last Step: Open the Global Rom (10.5.12 OnePlus 8 Global Rom) and find flash-all.bat and double click on it, and type and enter Y when it asks to.

**After the batch file is done, your phone should automatically boot to Global Rom Oxygen OS and no more of that T-Mobile splash screen. There is a YouTube walkthrough video on this process- link:

DO NOT LOCK BACK YOUR BOOTLOADER, IT WILL BOOT AND SAY DEVICE IS CORRUPT WHEN YOU LOCK THE BOOTLOADER. If you did accidentally do this, proceed to the steps below this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11-21-2021 Update: To lock bootloader, guide will be below this CrashDump Mode fix Guide and don't update yet to OxygenOS 11.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**IF SOMEHOW YOU GOT "QUALCOMM CrashDump Mode" during the 4th step or it randomly boot to CrashDump Mode**

1) Enable Test Mode and Disable Driver Signature Verification on Windows PC.

2) Simultaneously press Volume Up (+) and Power Button and when the screen shuts down, IMMEDIATELY release both buttons. This means you forced shutdown the device.

3) Open MSMTool after downloading it at the top of this guide, double click "MsmDownloadTool V4.0" and put the Account to Other and click Next.

4) Set target to O2 and set year date on your PC to 2017 and Turn off WIFI- reason is the MSM Tool only works on those years for some reason. Then simultaneously Hold Volume Up (+) and Volume Down (-) buttons on the phone.

5) While simultaneously holding the volume buttons, connect the phone to the PC. As soon as the phone is connected, WHEN COM3 is displayed on the MSM Tool, immediately click ENUM, then click COM3, then Start.

<A YouTube Video walkthrough of this process> Credits to Shahin Shaan for this, my phone would have been bricked forever if it wasn't for him.

**This should start the process of restoring your phone back to OxygenOS 10 and you have to start back to square 1 in order to flash Global ROM again. So, USB Debugging>Fastboot Mode>Unlock Bootloader>Enable USB Debugging Again>Boot again to Fastboot>Double Click on flash-all.bat on Global ROM folder. Also, I added TOOL ALL IN ONE which should make unlocking bootloader, booting to Fastboot faster.

UPDATE: YOU CAN NOW LOCK BOOTLOADER WITH THESE STEPS!
Download: EU ROM and Global ROM
1st Step: Go to Settings>System Update>Click Gear Icon on Top Right>Local Upgrade>select EU ROM and reboot.

2nd Step: Lock the bootloader; Boot to Fastboot mode>connect to PC and go to fastboot-cmd and type fastboot oem lock

3rd step: confirm this process by locking the bootloader on the device using the volume buttons and power button.
**Locking the bootloader will erase everything

4th Step: After booting, Euro ROM should be bootloader-locked and now, Go to Settings>About Phone>Tap on Build Number until you get Developer Options>Go back to Settings>System>Developer Options and turn off OEM unlocking.

5th step: Go to Settings>System>Update>Tap Gear Icon on the right>Local Update>Click Global ROM.

6th Step: Reboot and wallah! YOU HAVE JUST LOCKED THE BOOTLOADER ON GLOBAL ROM WITHOUT BRICKING THE DEVICE TO QUALCOMM CRASHDUMP!!!
Screenshots in Page 2 #30 of this thread.

Conclusion: You will get VOLTE after this conversion and your device will not get certified. UPDATE: now you can lock the bootloader with the steps above and get your device certified. ;)
SCREENSHOTS:
Screenshot_20211009-232545.jpg
Screenshot_20211009-232539.jpg

Screenshot_20211010-000713.jpg
Screenshot_20211009-232606.jpg

Attachments

• TOOL_ALL_IN_ONE_1.1.1.6-NO-INSTALLER.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 115
  • DRIVERS.zip
    22.7 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:

thattechguy_69

Aug 23, 2021
Chiefland, Florida
This guide is specifically for people like me who can do stuff like this on a Step-by-Step Guide. I hope this guide helped some people convert to Global ROM.

Last edited:

Adriancris7

Aug 22, 2013
Hi man i do everthing like the post say and i got it. But i notices that when you convert t-mobile oneplus 8 to global you lose safetynet. so i was wondering 2 things. How can i get safetynet working again, and if i relock the bootloader with the global firmware will it boot or it will break? Thanks mate.

Reactions: thattechguy_69

thattechguy_69

Aug 23, 2021
Chiefland, Florida
Hi man i do everthing like the post say and i got it. But i notices that when you convert t-mobile oneplus 8 to global you lose safetynet. so i was wondering 2 things. How can i get safetynet working again, and if i relock the bootloader with the global firmware will it boot or it will break? Thanks mate.
If you lock bootloader the system will say your phone has been corrupted and if you did happened to lock your bootloader. You are gonna have to use MSM tool to restore OS and your are gonna have to start again to step 1.

For the other issue which is safetynet, did you root your phone? From what I know you would only lose your safety net when you root your phone. I did root my phone 2 weeks ago and from what I remember my safetynet was fine. You are gonna have to ask someone about safety net man since I am no expert at that region.

Anyways, thank you for using this guide. Really appreciate it man 😁👍

Reactions: Adriancris7

Adriancris7

Aug 22, 2013
If you lock bootloader the system will say your phone has been corrupted and if you did happened to lock your bootloader. You are gonna have to use MSM tool to restore OS and your are gonna have to start again to step 1.

For the other issue which is safetynet, did you root your phone? From what I know you would only lose your safety net when you root your phone. I did root my phone 2 weeks ago and from what I remember my safetynet was fine. You are gonna have to ask someone about safety net man since I am no expert at that region.

Anyways, thank you for using this guide. Really appreciate it man 😁👍
Ok, I see.. I didn't root the phone. I just want to know. It's just I try to install Netflix in play store and the app didn't show.... So I install safetynet test and shows that it's not working... I don't have plane to root the phone. I only want to convert the phone to global... I don't know how to solve the issue of safetynet.. that why I ask you. Anyway the phone is working flawless no issue at all.

thattechguy_69

Aug 23, 2021
Chiefland, Florida
Ok, I see.. I didn't root the phone. I just want to know. It's just I try to install Netflix in play store and the app didn't show.... So I install safetynet test and shows that it's not working... I don't have plane to root the phone. I only want to convert the phone to global... I don't know how to solve the issue of safetynet.. that why I ask you. Anyway the phone is working flawless no issue at all.
Ok so I check my Play Store Certification and I just found out that my device has not been certified which means that's the reason why you couldnt install/update Netflix.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211024-072113.jpg
    Screenshot_20211024-072113.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: Adriancris7

thattechguy_69

Aug 23, 2021
Chiefland, Florida
Yeah, that's what I told you. How can we solve the issue. It's the only bug I've found.
Download "Device ID" and copy Google Service Framework (GSF) and then paste it on this link
https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/ , just wait for Google to Verify your device. If it does not work then just download apk on apkmirror or revert back to T-Mobile ROM. I am in the process of trying to get mine also certified.

Nov 6, 2021
This worked for me, but had the same issue with the safetynet and thus can't use google pay. Just submitted the GSF for google to verify. Did google verified your device yet?

thattechguy_69

Aug 23, 2021
Chiefland, Florida
This worked for me, but had the same issue with the safetynet and thus can't use google pay. Just submitted the GSF for google to verify. Did google verified your device yet?
I changed my ROM to Pixel Experience because of OOS 11 battery issues and etc. But I dont think it did certify my device. Did some research on this before I switch and someone said it should certify your device but it wont say it. Another method I heard is to clear cache and storage cache on Play Store App and it should but I have never tested this one. The most sure method I saw was to root phone and bypass.

Nov 6, 2021
I changed my ROM to Pixel Experience because of OOS 11 battery issues and etc. But I dont think it did certify my device. Did some research on this before I switch and someone said it should certify your device but it wont say it. Another method I heard is to clear cache and storage cache on Play Store App and it should but I have never tested this one. The most sure method I saw was to root phone and bypass.
Yeah, I tried the play store app and gpay cache and storage cache clearing with no luck. I use gpay with NFC quite often so it was a bummer that it won't work without being certified. Thanks you for writing the guide regardless!

Nov 6, 2021
So sorry man. Thanks for letting me know it worked tho! You should try pixel experience tho. It is certified
Yeah, everything else seems to work well besides that.

As much as I would like to try the other ROM, do they keep up with security patches? I just bought this phone used (Tmobile unlocked) and haven't rooted an android for a while and wasn't sure if they still get updates directly from google or some volunteer is maintaining the ROM. Would like to root it to whatever ROM that is the most maintenance free and would support security updates at least for a couple of years. I think oneplus support it up to 2023 for oneplus 8 if I'm not wrong.

thattechguy_69

Aug 23, 2021
Chiefland, Florida
Yeah, everything else seems to work well besides that.

As much as I would like to try the other ROM, do they keep up with security patches? I just bought this phone used (Tmobile unlocked) and haven't rooted an android for a while and wasn't sure if they still get updates directly from google or some volunteer is maintaining the ROM. Would like to root it to whatever ROM that is the most maintenance free and would support security updates at least for a couple of years. I think oneplus support it up to 2023 for oneplus 8 if I'm not wrong.
Yes they do keep up with updates but the people that are maintaing it are not from google. But I will assure you that it is way smoother and more optimized that the current oos 11. I also bought my phone recently 1 month ago as used! You can check some youtube channels if you are interested in pixel experience. Also changing rom does not require root so you dont have to tinker with safetynet and stuff

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211106-203638.png
    Screenshot_20211106-203638.png
    3 MB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20211106-203732.png
    Screenshot_20211106-203732.png
    230 KB · Views: 67
Nov 6, 2021
Yes they do keep up with updates but the people that are maintaing it are not from google. But I will assure you that it is way smoother and more optimized that the current oos 11. I also bought my phone recently 1 month ago as used! You can check some youtube channels if you are interested in pixel experience. Also changing rom does not require root so you dont have to tinker with safetynet and stuff
Wow, that looks really good. I might just try that out instead of going back to t mobile stock. Thank you!!

thattechguy_69

Aug 23, 2021
Chiefland, Florida
Wow, that looks really good. I might just try that out instead of going back to t mobile stock. Thank you!!
Here are the instructions and Follow THE GUIDE AND I MEAN IT: https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/instantnoodlep/install/

you have to be in the latest oos 11 and in the last part of the guide, you can lock back the bootloader by replacing avb key with a custom one. If you dont update to the latest. It will keep saying system ui not working. Learned it the hard way and was hard stuck for 3 days lol. The os itself is directly from the pixels but with added features that was unique from oxygen os so google will think you have a pixel.

Nov 6, 2021
Here are the instructions and Follow THE GUIDE AND I MEAN IT: https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/instantnoodlep/install/

you have to be in the latest oos 11 and in the last part of the guide, you can lock back the bootloader by replacing avb key with a custom one. If you dont update to the latest. It will keep saying system ui not working. Learned it the hard way and was hard stuck for 3 days lol. The os itself is directly from the pixels but with added features that was unique from oxygen os so google will think you have a pixel.
You are a godsend sir!! Looks like I'll be tinkering with it tonight! Thank you so much!

• Love

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 11-21-2021:
    -You can now lock the bootloader by following the steps below Qualcomm CrashDump Mode FIX! With bootloader now lock, I am sure that your phone will get "Device is certified" on the Play Store, in other words, SafetyNet will now PASS!
    Just got the oneplus 8 TMO and followed every step: install Qualcomm driver => bootloader unlock => usb debugging => flash-all.bat. But during the script I got error of "Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partition" Any idea why that happens? I also tried with unbrick tool to start everything fresh from a stock Tmobile OS. Any idea helps thanks
    It seems the problem is due to the outdated fastboot binary. After downloading the latest fastboot software, I could flash the images without any problem.
    Well, everything worked okay, but OEM LOCKING. Followed intrusions, flashed EU firmware and can't turn off OEM Unlocking. Option inactive for some reason.
    Any suggestions?

Update: just flashed EU, then Global and turned off OEM Unlock from fastboot. Worked just fine
    Well, everything worked okay, but OEM LOCKING. Followed intrusions, flashed EU firmware and can't turn off OEM Unlocking. Option inactive for some reason.
    Any suggestions?

Update: just flashed EU, then Global and turned off OEM Unlock from fastboot. Worked just fine
    Oof i might have forgotten some instructions, let me edit it real quick...
    Oof i might have forgotten some instructions, let me edit it real quick...
    Dont worry about it! I did it now! And It works flawlessly! Thank man! Now finally i can see netflix in my One Plus 8 t mobile phone!
    The required files will be attached in the end of this guide.
    OnePlus 8 Global ROM
    MSM TOOL for IN2017

Credits to these amazing people for making this possible:
    @matteosaeed and his Guide.
    •Ms. user_ajusee's Guide
    •Mr. gregoryaul (@Aulgreg38) from HighOnAndroid Forums
    •THE MAN HIMSELF: Mr. Max Lee himself of HighOnAndroid Forums; link to his YouTube channel.

1st Step: First install the Drivers of the phone and the Qualcomm Drivers inside the attached file after downloading it at the bottom of this guide.

2nd Step: Make sure your OnePlus 8 IN2017's bootloader is unlocked- unlocking bootloader will result to factory resetting your phone. Please backup your phone before doing this process. Instructions on how to unlock

3rd Step: After the bootloader is unlocked, you have to enable "USB Debugging" and reboot your device to Fastboot Mode.

4th and Last Step: Open the Global Rom (10.5.12 OnePlus 8 Global Rom) and find flash-all.bat and double click on it, and type and enter Y when it asks to.

**After the batch file is done, your phone should automatically boot to Global Rom Oxygen OS and no more of that T-Mobile splash screen. There is a YouTube walkthrough video on this process- link:

DO NOT LOCK BACK YOUR BOOTLOADER, IT WILL BOOT AND SAY DEVICE IS CORRUPT WHEN YOU LOCK THE BOOTLOADER. If you did accidentally do this, proceed to the steps below this.

11-21-2021 Update: To lock bootloader, guide will be below this CrashDump Mode fix Guide and don't update yet to OxygenOS 11.

**IF SOMEHOW YOU GOT "QUALCOMM CrashDump Mode" during the 4th step or it randomly boot to CrashDump Mode**

1) Enable Test Mode and Disable Driver Signature Verification on Windows PC.

2) Simultaneously press Volume Up (+) and Power Button and when the screen shuts down, IMMEDIATELY release both buttons. This means you forced shutdown the device.

3) Open MSMTool after downloading it at the top of this guide, double click "MsmDownloadTool V4.0" and put the Account to Other and click Next.

4) Set target to O2 and set year date on your PC to 2017 and Turn off WIFI- reason is the MSM Tool only works on those years for some reason. Then simultaneously Hold Volume Up (+) and Volume Down (-) buttons on the phone.

5) While simultaneously holding the volume buttons, connect the phone to the PC. As soon as the phone is connected, WHEN COM3 is displayed on the MSM Tool, immediately click ENUM, then click COM3, then Start.

<A YouTube Video walkthrough of this process> Credits to Shahin Shaan for this, my phone would have been bricked forever if it wasn't for him.

**This should start the process of restoring your phone back to OxygenOS 10 and you have to start back to square 1 in order to flash Global ROM again. So, USB Debugging>Fastboot Mode>Unlock Bootloader>Enable USB Debugging Again>Boot again to Fastboot>Double Click on flash-all.bat on Global ROM folder. Also, I added TOOL ALL IN ONE which should make unlocking bootloader, booting to Fastboot faster.

UPDATE: YOU CAN NOW LOCK BOOTLOADER WITH THESE STEPS!
    Download: EU ROM and Global ROM
    1st Step: Go to Settings>System Update>Click Gear Icon on Top Right>Local Upgrade>select EU ROM and reboot.

2nd Step: Lock the bootloader; Boot to Fastboot mode>connect to PC and go to fastboot-cmd and type fastboot oem lock

3rd step: confirm this process by locking the bootloader on the device using the volume buttons and power button.
    **Locking the bootloader will erase everything

4th Step: After booting, Euro ROM should be bootloader-locked and now, Go to Settings>About Phone>Tap on Build Number until you get Developer Options>Go back to Settings>System>Developer Options and turn off OEM unlocking.

5th step: Go to Settings>System>Update>Tap Gear Icon on the right>Local Update>Click Global ROM.

6th Step: Reboot and wallah! YOU HAVE JUST LOCKED THE BOOTLOADER ON GLOBAL ROM WITHOUT BRICKING THE DEVICE TO QUALCOMM CRASHDUMP!!!
    Screenshots in Page 2 #30 of this thread.

Conclusion: You will get VOLTE after this conversion and your device will not get certified. UPDATE: now you can lock the bootloader with the steps above and get your device certified. ;)
    SCREENSHOTS:
    Screenshot_20211009-232545.jpg
    Screenshot_20211009-232539.jpg

Screenshot_20211010-000713.jpg
    Screenshot_20211009-232606.jpg
    No problem!!! Just love helping people 🥰 i am too young to be called sir im 15 please, call me Aaron!
    Just finished flashing it, so far so good! When you say update to the latest, do you mean the OTA update to android 12?
    Thanks thattechguy_69 for the shout out much appreciate that, just glad I was able to help😁😁
    Thanks thattechguy_69 for the shout out much appreciate that, just glad I was able to help😁😁
    Oh thank you Mister! 👍😁
    prob but i dont know, i dont use 5g. sorry cant answer that
    Ah tq for the answer. Would be good to know if my phone is future proof. I don't know why i was asking. 5g isn't even available in my country yet rofl.