[UPDATE] OTA 9.2.1.21 US - CWM flashable

Search This thread

ViperGeek

Sep 12, 2008
Merrimack, NH
This update only upgrades .17 to .21, which is cool, but I'm still running "classic" .11. Does anyone have a pointer to the rooted .11 -> .17 update? I have the official ASUS update, but don't want to de-root/lose root.

EDIT: Found .11 -> .17 here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1334673

- Dave

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

lemonoid

Jun 15, 2011
Boone, NC
This update only upgrades .17 to .21, which is cool, but I'm still running "classic" .11. Does anyone have a pointer to the rooted .11 -> .17 update? I have the official ASUS update, but don't want to de-root/lose root.

EDIT: Found .11 -> .17 here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1334673

- Dave

Did that work for you? That post was from November I'm highly confused because I'm on .11 too. But .11 is ICS and that wasn't out in November, is that just updated for every OTA that hits

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2010
Thank you for this!

Went from stock plus root .17 to this package and everything has been running great. So far I'm at 31+ hours at 85% battery remaining. The fact that I could pick the tablet up today and it wasn't drained is fantastic.

bigblue206

Jan 7, 2011
Massachusetts
For the people who lost root. Go back to page 2 and check the instructions that gee One gave about gaining root back.

I just had the same problem and followed his instructions in Terminal and I have root back.

Big Thanks to gee One for the update.

Last edited:

SDC_Bolts

Jan 21, 2009
Does anyone have a cwm flashable zip of the stock kernel that will allow this update. Really don't want to NVFlash back and set everything back up again. Not having any luck finding the stock .17 kernel.

Thank you for any help.

ViperGeek

Sep 12, 2008
Merrimack, NH
Does anyone have a cwm flashable zip of the stock kernel that will allow this update. Really don't want to NVFlash back and set everything back up again. Not having any luck finding the stock .17 kernel.
If you don't mind a couple hops, the full .11 ROM (I'm assuming you meant ROM, not kernel):

9.2.1.11 Full: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1514658
.11 -> .17 Update: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1334673
.17 -> .21 Update: (This thread)

SDC_Bolts

Jan 21, 2009
I will give it a shot, revert to 11, then 17, then the new 21 and restore root with root keeper and see what happens. Will update this post with results later tonight. Wiping only cache and dalvik I assume, or that is what I will try anyways.

Thanks

ViperGeek

Sep 12, 2008
Merrimack, NH
I will give it a shot, revert to 11, then 17, then the new 21 and restore root with root keeper and see what happens. Will update this post with results later tonight. Wiping only cache and dalvik I assume, or that is what I will try anyways.
Wipe everything for the full install of .11. The .11 ROM is rooted, and you should be able to keep root through the entire process.

After you successfully boot .11, reboot into Recovery, wipe /cache and Davlik, then load the .17 upgrade. Boot once, then reboot into Recovery, wipe /cache and Davlik, then load this .21 upgrade. You should then be rockin' the latest rooted ROM.

Firehawkns

Feb 20, 2007
Charlotte, NC
www.pewterz28.com
So far so good for me. Made sure OTA root keeper was good, ti backed up for good measure, Cleared cache, Dvlak, loaded from zip, and back up.

Tested only for 5 minutes so far, but will say that lag switching around seems to have gotten better. I already see Gmail isn't locking up. I tested right before the update and as expected couldn't do more then 4 commands in Gmail app before it crashed. I have spent most of the 5 minutes trying to crash it now and all has been good so far. I wasn't getting a lot of random reboots, but maybe this will make the few I had pretty much done.

Now to find a Kernel that will allow me to have OC'ing abilities again without losing stability. I haven't had it since the x.17 update and would love OC back. Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This applies the 9.2.1.21 US ota update. It will install Superuser and the su and busybox binaries; and set ro.secure=0. It does not modify recovery at all.

As usual, flash at your own risk- I didn't test this.

To flash, you need:
    a non-stock recovery
    a stock system, rooted is OK

custom kernels, deleted system files, modified build.props or audio files will FAIL.

Good luck!

edit: new url! Find it in the OTA section.

http://www.xdafileserver.nl/geeone/
    MD5(gee_one-cwm-9.2.1.21-US.zip)= 30bf3ad60698d41793d992823e942076

I made this with Ubuntu!

Thanks to doaist for paving the way! and thanks to Korumera for the server space!

Edit:
    It seems like some people will "lose" root in titanium backup because it looks for the su binary in /system/bin instead of /system/xbin (X!). See post 19 and 20 for how to get it back. I don't use titanium backup very often, so I'm not familiar with it.
    It looks like you have 2 su binaries, and the one ti backup is looking for isn't superuser executable.

Try ls -l /system/*bin/su and this time use the -l flag to check the permissions. The bin/su will be normal, but the xbin one should be rws....

Try this in terminal
    /system/xbin/su
    mount -o remount,rw /system
    chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
    mount -o remount,ro /system
    Exit...exit...

Then try getting root in tibu. I don't use it, so I'm not terrible familiar. You might also try updating the su binary via superuser apk.

sent while running with scissors
    It's added you can find it one:

http://www.xdafileserver.nl/geeone/

in the ota section :)

Enjoy
    Thanks, it worked for me.

BTW a small question: how can I get rid of the annoying "new system firmware update is available" notification ? I had it before I flashed your update, but it didn't go away. Perhaps the message is due to having previously downloaded official update file, where is it stored ? Perhaps deleting it would get rid of the msg??
    the ota update is stored as /cache/dlpkgfile

to get rid of the notification go to settings/apps/all apps and clear data for dmclient.