• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Update P9 Lite from Android 6 to 7

Search This thread

P9Late

Aug 21, 2021
Hello everyone, I have a P9 Lite which was issued from Vodafone Europe (originally VNS-L21C02B128), and I'd like to update it to Android 7.

Since none of the stock ROMs I tried would pass the verification when updating via the Project Menu, I found and flashed a newer Android 6 which works fine apparently - build number is currently VNS-L21C900B170.

Trouble is all of the newer ROMs are still not working. During the verification phase, it says they are not compatible with the phone.

Any ideas what is the simplest safest way to get to Android 7 ? Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
Since none of the stock ROMs I tried would pass the verification
Have you tried Service ROMs?
https://androidhost.ru/3za
https://androidhost.ru/56i
originally VNS-L21C02B128), and I'd like to update it to Android 7.
- Unlock the bootloader
- on android 6 rebrand to C432 global
- in TWRP install fullOTA-MF-PV VNS-L21C432B370
- then you can upgrade to a higher version by installing a Service ROM via dload method (it will lock your BL again).

The problem is probably with your current build number - the C900 is fake firmware, incomplete or incompatible. I'm afraid you won't be able to unlock the bootloader or rebrand the phone with this build.

Reactions: P9Late

P9Late

Aug 21, 2021
Hello Alf, I did try VNS-L21C02B346 but it didn't work, both with the original and the newer ROM. I also tried the "SERVICE Full Repair VNS-L21 C432B381" from here, also with no luck.

The current B170 ROM was labeled as "VNS-L21C432B170" on the site I got it from, but now it shows as C900. This one updated with no problems via the Project Menu upgrade command, the only one to work so far...

I will see later about unlocking the bootloader thanks.

P9Late

Aug 21, 2021
Thanks but I don't know hot to change oeminfo. Can I use SRK Tool ?

Also is there a free way to unlock the bootloader ? Is it this one ? :)
Does the phone have to be dissasembled, or is there a software method as well ?
Is dc-unlocker free for phones with android 6 and 7 ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts