Update Pixel Experience GSI ROM on Samsung S20 Series

Search This thread
Hello everyone !! I am currently using the Pixel Experience ROM as my daily driver and I came across the task of updating the ROM without losing any of my data. The ROM has an updater in the settings and allows you to install OTA updates, but for me that has not worked. Whenever I try to install OTA updates and I reboot my updated phone, it gets stuck on the boot logo. I came across a solution to this which is to manually flash the updated GSI ROM without wiping any of your data beforehand. I decided to make a YouTube tutorial on how to do that. If you have any questions please din't hesitate to ask !! I'll be happy to help !!

Pre-requisites
- Unlocked bootloader
- TWRP Recovery

YouTube Step by Step Tutorial

Downloads

Pixel Experience Latest Version: https://github.com/ponces/treble_build_pe/releases
Platform Tools for Windows and Mac: https://mega.nz/folder/LXBkjKha#2zqvR2EXg5gfupPe-xEZJQ

How to Update Pixel Experience GSI ROM on Samsung S20 Series

1. Turn off your phone
2. Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable
3. Press both power + volume up buttons at the same time until you see the TWRP logo
4. Once you boot into TWRP, click on "Reboot" and then click on "Fastboot"
5. Go to your computer and download the platform tools folders that I left above
6. Go to the website linked above and download the latest version of Pixel Experience
7. Extract both the platform tools file and the pixel experience file
8. Open a new command window or terminal window on your computer
9. Go to the extracted platform tools folder and choose the "Platform Tools (Name of your OS) folder
10.Look for the "fastboot" file and drag it into a new terminal window
11. Leave a space and type the word "devices"
12. Hit enter
13. If you see a bunch of random numbers followed by the word "fastboot" your computer has recognized your phone
14. Go back to the "Platform Tools (Name of your OS)" folder and once again, drag the "fastboot" file into the terminal
15. Leave a space and type the words "erase system"
16. Hit enter
17. When the process is finished you should see the words "finished" and "total time" in the terminal
18. One last time, drag the "fastboot" file to the terminal
19. Leave a space and type "flash system"
20. Go to the pixel experience folder you previously downloaded and extracted from the website
21. Drag the "PixelExperience.....img" file over to the terminal window
22. Hit enter and wait for the file to be flashed (this might take a while)
When flashing is finished you will again see the message "finished" and "total time" in the terminal
23. Go back to your phone
24. Click on "Reboot"
25. Click on "System"
26. Wait for your phone to restart

You should now have the latest version of Pixel Experience without losing any of your data !!
ENJOY !!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone !! I am currently using the Pixel Experience ROM as my daily driver and I came across the task of updating the ROM without losing any of my data. The ROM has an updater in the settings and allows you to install OTA updates, but for me that has not worked. Whenever I try to install OTA updates and I reboot my updated phone, it gets stuck on the boot logo. I came across a solution to this which is to manually flash the updated GSI ROM without wiping any of your data beforehand. I decided to make a YouTube tutorial on how to do that. If you have any questions please din't hesitate to ask !! I'll be happy to help !!

Pre-requisites
    - Unlocked bootloader
    - TWRP Recovery

YouTube Step by Step Tutorial

Downloads

Pixel Experience Latest Version: https://github.com/ponces/treble_build_pe/releases
    Platform Tools for Windows and Mac: https://mega.nz/folder/LXBkjKha#2zqvR2EXg5gfupPe-xEZJQ

How to Update Pixel Experience GSI ROM on Samsung S20 Series

1. Turn off your phone
    2. Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable
    3. Press both power + volume up buttons at the same time until you see the TWRP logo
    4. Once you boot into TWRP, click on "Reboot" and then click on "Fastboot"
    5. Go to your computer and download the platform tools folders that I left above
    6. Go to the website linked above and download the latest version of Pixel Experience
    7. Extract both the platform tools file and the pixel experience file
    8. Open a new command window or terminal window on your computer
    9. Go to the extracted platform tools folder and choose the "Platform Tools (Name of your OS) folder
    10.Look for the "fastboot" file and drag it into a new terminal window
    11. Leave a space and type the word "devices"
    12. Hit enter
    13. If you see a bunch of random numbers followed by the word "fastboot" your computer has recognized your phone
    14. Go back to the "Platform Tools (Name of your OS)" folder and once again, drag the "fastboot" file into the terminal
    15. Leave a space and type the words "erase system"
    16. Hit enter
    17. When the process is finished you should see the words "finished" and "total time" in the terminal
    18. One last time, drag the "fastboot" file to the terminal
    19. Leave a space and type "flash system"
    20. Go to the pixel experience folder you previously downloaded and extracted from the website
    21. Drag the "PixelExperience.....img" file over to the terminal window
    22. Hit enter and wait for the file to be flashed (this might take a while)
    When flashing is finished you will again see the message "finished" and "total time" in the terminal
    23. Go back to your phone
    24. Click on "Reboot"
    25. Click on "System"
    26. Wait for your phone to restart

You should now have the latest version of Pixel Experience without losing any of your data !!
    ENJOY !!!