[Update][Prerooted flashable zip][deodex][23.0.1.A.0.167][(NCB) for Z2 tablet SGP511]

Search This thread

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi

Here is flasable zip file wich install latest ROM 23.0.1.A.0.167, latest beta SuperSu v2.19 and latest beta Dualrecovery .154 for Tablet Z2 with read/write acces to system.
This is tested and works just fine though make nandroid backup before flashing.
Install it by flashing whole zip file with custom recovery. Wipes aren´t necessary but good practise.
Here is the link:https://mega.co.nz/#!EB4CiJgT!Tvav1NKMqhwnXNGBNU6-iIrRTNv0qJuOvHttGUlGnA0

Deodex patch for above rom to those who want to use modifications which are made only for deodexed rom´s.
This is tested and works just fine but make nandroid backup before flashing.

Warning: this will delete all files from system/app, system/framework and priv-app not just .odex files. That´s include Superuser.apk. So you will loose root if you don´t flash SuperSu after flashing deodex patch.

Install deodex patch by:
- flashing deodex.zip file in custom recovery,
- don´t reboot to system but flash also flashable Super.Su.zip file in custom recovery,
- don´t reboot to system but wipe at least dalvik-cache,
- reboot to system.
Here is the link to deodex patch: https://mega.co.nz/#!0BJyhJZC!LGISUimx7-YQFQrE5cVisS7R-87bRiJLraUAcxGyIIw

If you need to download SuperSu you will find download links
for stable v2.16 here: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu
for beta v2.19 here: http://download.chainfire.eu/593/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.19.zip

Credits:
@Androxyde
@Chainfire
@Nut
@LaguCool
@zxz0O0 @AndroPlus

Last edited:

rokrd1579

Dec 17, 2012
Acapulco
I have tried and root works, everything's fine, except audio, is too low :( and when is turning off, take a long time to turn it off, even I have to force off i dont know why it happens...

SANGER_A2

Aug 1, 2009
Thanks very much for this. Much better than having to unlock bootloader etc so we get to keep root. Gonna flash it to my sgp512 and report back. Is build.prop the only thing I need to change afterwards to make it look like an sgp512.

Reactions: kulvertti

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
This work on my SGP561?

Sent from my SGP561 using XDA Premium HD app

Thank´s all for you feedback.

I don´t think this will work on your device. Different hardware.

I have tried and root works, everything's fine, except audio, is too low :( and when is turning off, take a long time to turn it off, even I have to force off i dont know why it happens...

No such problems here. It might help if you do wipes.

Thanks very much for this. Much better than having to unlock bootloader etc so we get to keep root. Gonna flash it to my sgp512 and report back. Is build.prop the only thing I need to change afterwards to make it look like an sgp512.

Haven´t tested this. As far as I know only difference is memory size.

SANGER_A2

Aug 1, 2009
Yeah it works fine. Way better than an FTF! Sony PC companion and a few other apps report it as SPG511 instead of SGP512 and it annoys me! :D I need to edit the build.prop to hopefully fix this. And I can confirm I too get the bug where the device won't sleep when you shut the factory case. It wakes it though! I'm sure Sony will release an update to fix it soon.

Jeddix

Jul 7, 2010
Just wanted to say thanks and let everybody know that you get a writable system partition with this Rom. The update worked fine and I must still rooted with a locked bootloader.

The only problem with this update is that the screen stays on if I close the case but I guess Sony will fix this some time.

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Yeah it works fine. Way better than an FTF! Sony PC companion and a few other apps report it as SPG511 instead of SGP512 and it annoys me! :D I need to edit the build.prop to hopefully fix this. And I can confirm I too get the bug where the device won't sleep when you shut the factory case. It wakes it though! I'm sure Sony will release an update to fix it soon.

Just wanted to say thanks and let everybody know that you get a writable system partition with this Rom. The update worked fine and I must still rooted with a locked bootloader.

The only problem with this update is that the screen stays on if I close the case but I guess Sony will fix this some time.

Thank´s for you feedback. I made most of these files for my personal use but happy that my work helps other´s too.
Yes I make small chance to @Nut´s dualrecovery installer and so we have system RW.
About that bug with Sony´s official case, I hope Sony will fix that soon.

RJASSI21

Oct 20, 2013
Gonna flash this now is there anyway to make remote play ps4 work with supersu app installed can we hide the supersu app from it or what?

RJASSI21

Oct 20, 2013
Gonna flash this now is there anyway to make remote play ps4 work with supersu app installed can we hide the supersu app from it or what?

What a great mod been waiting ages for root on this ive gotta question though I noticed theres a fotakernal.elf and a kernel.elf in the zip do I need to flash those and if not how come the sony boot up logo doesnt have the new one with the bigger sony logo and xperia below I know thats backed into the kernel and last thing is is it possible to deodex this firmware? Thats my questions I love this pre rooted update just a few things I wanna know about thanks for this!

jef_k

Dec 27, 2011
Liège, Belgium
Thank´s for you feedback. I made most of these files for my personal use but happy that my work helps other´s too.
Yes I make small chance to @Nut´s dualrecovery installer and so we have system RW.
About that bug with Sony´s official case, I hope Sony will fix that soon.

I just want to let you know that I have the official case from Sony, the 23.0.1.A.0.167 firmware and I don't have this problem of screen staying on while closing the case.

For witch reason do you think it's a Sony bug ?

kulvertti

Dec 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
What a great mod been waiting ages for root on this ive gotta question though I noticed theres a fotakernal.elf and a kernel.elf in the zip do I need to flash those and if not how come the sony boot up logo doesnt have the new one with the bigger sony logo and xperia below I know thats backed into the kernel and last thing is is it possible to deodex this firmware? Thats my questions I love this pre rooted update just a few things I wanna know about thanks for this!

You need to flash everything in that flashable.zip file. Wipes are optional but good practice.
To answer your second question I already made deodex patch for this firmware. Testing it right now and if it´s okey I can share it with you if you want.

I just want to let you know that I have the official case from Sony, the 23.0.1.A.0.167 firmware and I don't have this problem of screen staying on while closing the case.

For witch reason do you think it's a Sony bug ?

Wel two reasons. This is Sony stock firmware just added root and custom recovery. Other reason is that there is report in Q & A section about same problem after OTA update to .167 firmware. If you now something more about this please share.

jef_k

Dec 27, 2011
Liège, Belgium
You need to flash everything in that flashable.zip file. Wipes are optional but good practice.
To answer your second question I already made deodex patch for this firmware. Testing it right now and if it´s okey I can share it with you if you want.

Wel two reasons. This is Sony stock firmware just added root and custom recovery. Other reason is that there is report in Q & A section about same problem after OTA update to .167 firmware. If you now something more about this please share.

Ok, I don't knew that it was reported with the fully stock firmware.
I've updated my tab with PC Companion. Maybe it's the reason why I don't have this problem.

Anyway, thanks for the answer and for sharing your work.

Last edited:

RJASSI21

Oct 20, 2013

Ok then i might try that

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Don´t have ps4 so can´t test it. I know there is xposed module called RootCloak which can hide root for some app´s but reported that not all of them.

ok i tried rootclock didnt work

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

you know how you said flash everything in the zip that includes kernels right but how do i flash.elf kernels if im on locked bootloader is it possible to enter fastboot on lockedbl i dont wanna brick messing with kernels?

MJFox78

Jul 18, 2013
Vienna
I flashed the zip on my SGP512 (dirty flashed over 17.1.2.A.0.314, only wiped cache and dalvik) and everything works perfect (my system info now tells me that I have a SGP511, but I couldn't care less, my device still has 32GB and not just 16GB)

thanks a lot! :good:

greetings

MJFox

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

Here is flasable zip file wich install latest ROM 23.0.1.A.0.167, latest beta SuperSu v2.19 and latest beta Dualrecovery .154 for Tablet Z2 with read/write acces to system.
    This is tested and works just fine though make nandroid backup before flashing.
    Install it by flashing whole zip file with custom recovery. Wipes aren´t necessary but good practise.
    Here is the link:https://mega.co.nz/#!EB4CiJgT!Tvav1NKMqhwnXNGBNU6-iIrRTNv0qJuOvHttGUlGnA0

Deodex patch for above rom to those who want to use modifications which are made only for deodexed rom´s.
    This is tested and works just fine but make nandroid backup before flashing.

Warning: this will delete all files from system/app, system/framework and priv-app not just .odex files. That´s include Superuser.apk. So you will loose root if you don´t flash SuperSu after flashing deodex patch.

Install deodex patch by:
    - flashing deodex.zip file in custom recovery,
    - don´t reboot to system but flash also flashable Super.Su.zip file in custom recovery,
    - don´t reboot to system but wipe at least dalvik-cache,
    - reboot to system.
    Here is the link to deodex patch: https://mega.co.nz/#!0BJyhJZC!LGISUimx7-YQFQrE5cVisS7R-87bRiJLraUAcxGyIIw

If you need to download SuperSu you will find download links
    for stable v2.16 here: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu
    for beta v2.19 here: http://download.chainfire.eu/593/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.19.zip

Credits:
    @Androxyde
    @Chainfire
    @Nut
    @LaguCool
    @zxz0O0 @AndroPlus
    What keys did you change?
    I found these that seems pretty straight-forward:

ro.build.product=SGP512
    ro.product.name=SGP512
    ro.product.device=SGP512
    ro.semc.product.model=SGP512
    ro.product.model=SGP512

These two I am a little worried about though, since they seem to contain some kind of identification or key.
    Did you change these as well?

ro.build.description=SGP512-user 4.4.2 17.1.2.A.0.314 zg4hgq release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=Sony/SGP512/SGP512:4.4.2/17.1.2.A.0.314/zg4hgq:user/release-keys
    (I changed the part in italics, since it looked like some kind of fingerprint for my device)

Oh, and these keys are from my SGP512 with 4.4.2, I haven't flashed 4.4.4 yet :)
    Yup. I just worked my way through the file and changed anything that said SGP511 to SGP512. There was also a line that said WIFI16GB that I changed to WIFI32GB. I also changed my region codes to the UK ones. And I changed the region to GB instead of US. It reports as SGP512 in settings app and didn't break so I'm happy! :)
    Thanks, this will save a lot of time
    I will try this :) thanks
    Nah. I don´t think this is idiotic question. The answer is that you have wrong file. The correct one is "TabZ2-lockeddualrecovery2.7.154-BETA.flashable.zip".

DOH failed at the first hurdle .... RTFM next time huh :)

Oh and thank you