Development [LATEST][RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL]TWRP 3.7.0_12-v2 for Moto G Stylus 5G 2021[XT2131-1][denver]

Search This thread

YTxIcyModz420

Sep 6, 2021
looking forward too a12 version will defo test and report back after its released :D thanks so much for doing this the current version will boot but will not mount storage at all on android 12 :/

Reactions: jpearson82
looking forward too a12 version will defo test and report back after its released :D thanks so much for doing this the current version will boot but will not mount storage at all on android 12 :/

I am definitely looking forward to the A12 version too.

I actually just got done with first test compile, havent tested it myself.. but if yall wanna try it I can send it to yall in PM to try.. just PM me...

UPDATE

Known Issues with Android 12 and TWRP
-For decryption to work, you must remove your pin/password and have only swipe set in security options
-Lag on splash screen. It might take up to 10-15 seconds before its fully booted. This is because the way I compiled my releases, is to mount the vendor partition and use your vendor partitions modules instead of including them in the img file. Just give it a second and it'll boot up.

//EDIT//
Tested pin number decryption and it works perfectly

Screenshot_2022-09-26-11-10-39.png Screenshot_2022-09-26-11-10-37.png

TWRP 3.6.2_12-v1 - Download attached below. Touchscreen works just like my Android 11 release. Tested myself, installed to ramdisk, flashed magisk.zip, etc.

//EDIT 10-2-2022//
I updated main thread post with the install directions and the downloads.

Last edited:
All sorted now thank you. I think it mustve been the wrong stock boot.img. Thanks for the help and your work on the recovery.

You're welcome. Glad you got it sorted. I updated the thread and removed the stock boot part of the directions and made it less complicated. :) Enjoy!

//UPDATE//
I am going to release an update soon to both recoveries fixing fastbootd mode

BLeAk11

Jun 10, 2018
Moto G Stylus 5G
You're welcome. Glad you got it sorted. I updated the thread and removed the stock boot part of the directions and made it less complicated. :) Enjoy!

//UPDATE//
I am going to release an update soon to both recoveries fixing fastbootd mode
Yeah its maybe better to let folks extract their own boot.img from their stock rom, to avoid confusion.. I'm not sure. But thanks again

jpearson82

Apr 28, 2019
UPDATE

Just updated the attachment on first post with latest A12 with Fastbootd working... A11 still doesnt work but I am phasing it out... wont update it anymore...
I should probably give you a heads up. I noticed when I am doing a backup in recovery. when it gets to the end it says the following:

createTarFork{} process ended with ERROR: 255
Backup Failed. Cleaning Backup Folder.

Yet when I go to the backup folder it still has the backup files in there. Do I just ignore this message or is the backup gonna be corrupted and unusable?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    unnamed.png

Code:
    /*
    *Disclaimer
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Introduction

Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

Android 12 Installation Instructions
    DO NOT FLASH ZIP, UNZIP FIRST
    • First unzip the ANDROID-12-UNZIP-ME-FIRST.zip file to get a12v2-twrp-boot.img and Magisk-v25.2.zip files.
    • Copy a12v2-twrp-boot.img and Magisk-v25.2.zip to either internal storage or external SD card.
    Then do:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot boot a12v2-twrp-boot.img
    • Once TWRP boots up, go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
    • Then choose the a12v2-twrp-boot.img
    • Then go to Install and choose the Magisk-v25.2.zip file to re-root the device
    • Then go to Reboot > System
    Working
    • Everything, including touchscreen. No need to flash 3rd party kernel.

Troubleshooting
    If you get the error createTarFork{} process ended with ERROR: 255
    Go to /data/ folder and delete the fonts folder then reboot and try backup /data again.

Screenshot_2022-10-04-03-22-07.png Screenshot_2022-10-04-03-22-01.png

//DISCONTINUED//
    Android 11 Installation Instructions
    DO NOT FLASH ZIP, UNZIP FIRST
    • First unzip the ANDROID-11-UNZIP-ME-FIRST.zip file to get twrp-boot.img and Magisk-v25.2.zip files.
    • Copy twrp-boot.img and Magisk-v25.2.zip to either internal storage or external SD card.
    Then do:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot boot twrp-boot.img
    • Once TWRP boots up, go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
    • Then choose the twrp-boot.img
    • Then go to Install and choose the Magisk-v25.2.zip file to re-root the device
    • Then go to Reboot > System
    Really ? It reboots to system instead of to a brick? What's next custom ROM? People like you restore my faith in humanity. Confirmed working
    Thank you for this! I will give it a shot.

You're welcome. Let me know! I am personally using it if course and so far only complaint I got is a little lag but touchscreen works out the gate with no need of a script or anything. Got it set to load the modules from vendor partition for touchscreen to work properly.
    Thank you for this! I will give it a shot.
    Really ? It reboots to system instead of to a brick? What's next custom ROM? People like you restore my faith in humanity. Confirmed working

Glad, to be of service :)

And thank you for confirming it's working. No problems with touchscreen or anything? (not that I am expecting there to be issues, just curious)