Freesoul007

Dec 11, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 9
Kang OS

banner.png

/*

* Your warranty is... still valid?

* I am not responsible for bricked devices,

* If you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/

About-Project.png

Kang OS is inspired from our well known project called AOKP(Android Open Kang Project).The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). Here we will be kanging all best & useful features from many Custom Roms by considering max performance and stability. Currently, with new update we have released lots of customizations and features with our own touch. So Now All are Kanged.

features.png

instructions.png

Thanks-to.png

AOSP Team

Dirty Unicorns

Project Awaken

LineageOS

Revenge OS Team

AOKP Team

AOSiP Team

All other Devs/ROMs

our-team.png

Modit jain-Lead developer/Co-Founder/Maintainer

Sameer(Ziauddin_Sameer)-Lead developer/Maintainer

Jay(tattorepairman)-Founder

NParashar150-UI/UX Designer

Travis(travisholt1992)-Lead developer

Rick(Spookcity138)-Developer

downloads.png

Download GAPPS Build

stay-tuned.png

Community Group

Device Group

sources.png

Kang-OS-R

Device

Kernel

supports.png

Liked our work? Buy us a cup of coffee & Support for future updates

XDA:DevDB Information

KangOS-11.6-Unofficial, ROM for Mi 9

Contributors

@lamjiidii1 @Evasion

Source Code: https://github.com/Kang-OS-R

ROM OS Version: Android 11

ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.300

ROM Firmware Required: Latest Regional Vendor

Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Official

Current Beta Version: 2 Stout

Beta Release Date: 2020-04-01

Created 2021-04-01

Last Updated 2021-04-17

Last edited:

antykat

Jan 14, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 9
Very good rom, but there are two problems:
- ANX Camera works just partly (Pro, Video, More). The same problem exists in PE and PalladiumOS;
- there is no possibility to add fingerprint; fingerprint sensor doesn't appear during process of adding fingerprint.

antykat

Jan 14, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 9
Hello thanks to the developers, I have high consumptions battery and drainage ,
anyone have this problem?

Sorry for my English
Yes, I had the same problem with battery and ANX Camera worked just partly, as well. The rest is excellent. I hope that it will be fixed, because I like this rom.

Last edited:

baggino

Jan 28, 2011
it has an excellent battery life, the best I've tried so far, as a camera I use PXv8.1_GCam-v1.2 which I find exceptional, I hope it becomes official. Good job

antykat

Jan 14, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 9
I have tested most of the newest roms and KangOS is my favourite. It's very good with really great customizations and ANX Camera works now with ANXCameraPatch. Thank you very much.

LubbeSGS

Jan 30, 2011
Stellenbosch
It is nice to read the positive reviews about this ROM.. also about the camera, which is very important to me too.

So I haven't tried a non-MIUI Rom on my Mi9 yet.. lately relying on xiaomi.eu - and the beta ROMs are great.

What I want to ask, should I try this ROM out, what is the case going back to MIUI ROMs with regards to Widevine? Is L1 lost?

And anything else I need to consider that is irreversible after making the jump to AOSP?

Thanks 🙂

antykat

Jan 14, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 9
@RealNBB
Don't flash 48MPFix. It's not needed and not recomended. The fix is included in the patch.

I haven't found an option for "simple icons", but I like default icons, so it's not big deal for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: RealNBB

antykat

Jan 14, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 9
It is nice to read the positive reviews about this ROM.. also about the camera, which is very important to me too.

So I haven't tried a non-MIUI Rom on my Mi9 yet.. lately relying on xiaomi.eu - and the beta ROMs are great.

What I want to ask, should I try this ROM out, what is the case going back to MIUI ROMs with regards to Widevine? Is L1 lost?

And anything else I need to consider that is irreversible after making the jump to AOSP?

Thanks 🙂
You can easily go back to xiaomi.eu. I jump from it to custom roms and back without any problems. Just make full backup with TWRP. Additionally make backup of persist.img just in a case. If it's destroyed you will loose L1. So, it's good to have copy of the image. You can also easily move all your apps, contacts and messages with Migrate. I use it all the time and I can recomend it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LubbeSGS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @RealNBB
    Don't flash 48MPFix. It's not needed and not recomended. The fix is included in the patch.

I haven't found an option for "simple icons", but I like default icons, so it's not big deal for me.

Thanks 🙂
    You can easily go back to xiaomi.eu. I jump from it to custom roms and back without any problems. Just make full backup with TWRP. Additionally make backup of persist.img just in a case. If it's destroyed you will loose L1. So, it's good to have copy of the image. You can also easily move all your apps, contacts and messages with Migrate. I use it all the time and I can recomend it.
    Kang OS

banner.png

/*

* Your warranty is... still valid?

* I am not responsible for bricked devices,

* If you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/

About-Project.png

Kang OS is inspired from our well known project called AOKP(Android Open Kang Project).The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). Here we will be kanging all best & useful features from many Custom Roms by considering max performance and stability. Currently, with new update we have released lots of customizations and features with our own touch. So Now All are Kanged.

features.png

instructions.png

Thanks-to.png

AOSP Team

Dirty Unicorns

Project Awaken

LineageOS

Revenge OS Team

AOKP Team

AOSiP Team

All other Devs/ROMs

our-team.png

Modit jain-Lead developer/Co-Founder/Maintainer

Sameer(Ziauddin_Sameer)-Lead developer/Maintainer

Jay(tattorepairman)-Founder

NParashar150-UI/UX Designer

Travis(travisholt1992)-Lead developer

Rick(Spookcity138)-Developer

downloads.png

Download GAPPS Build

stay-tuned.png

Community Group

Device Group

sources.png

Kang-OS-R

Device

Kernel

supports.png

Liked our work? Buy us a cup of coffee & Support for future updates

XDA:DevDB Information

KangOS-11.6-Unofficial, ROM for Mi 9

Contributors

@lamjiidii1 @Evasion

Source Code: https://github.com/Kang-OS-R

ROM OS Version: Android 11

ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.300

ROM Firmware Required: Latest Regional Vendor

Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Official

Current Beta Version: 2 Stout

Beta Release Date: 2020-04-01

Created 2021-04-01

Last Updated 2021-04-17

Check GAPPS Build
    @RealNBB

Thanks 🙂
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone