• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

UPDATE - TCPMP for WM6.1 Sleuth & other 3.02 & 3.03 Versions 02/13/08

Search This thread

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
Revised 02/13/08

This is for anyone with TCPMP and/or Flash Video Problems using a 3.02 or 3.03 based WM6.1 ROM.

If I get a chance this weekend I will flash a 3.08 Version & see what I can find.

Ok, this time it's been tested by several others!!!! I have gotten it working for 8 out of 10 people & number 9 has TCPMP working, but not the flv yet. 8-1/2 out of nine ain't bad! Works 100% for Sleuth's V3.0!!!

This is working 100% for SLEUTH users!!!!! This is the instructions & files to get back your TCPMP & YOUTUBE & All the other .flv sites you used to have.

Not a sleuth user??? Give it a try! Has work for others with the new instructions!!!

This file includes detailed instructions & all the files you need!

This pack contains the lates TCPMP + FlashVideoBundle + the latest AAC & AC3 Codec plugins.

This has been confirmed working by others in Sleuths forum, but you must follow the instructions implicitly. You will need Resco or another high end File Explorer for this fix because you need to be able to select the "Always use this for this file type" check box as supported in resco.

Here is a RS premium Folder containing everything DL: http://rapidshare.com/users/NM7XYV

Here is a standard RS Mirror: http://rapidshare.com/files/91614567/TCPMP___FLV.rar

Mirror: http://www.sendspace.com/file/pl5h41

If you have questions about installation PM me. I can also help you via MSN Messenger if you have problems.

Last edited:

dtmcnamara

Oct 26, 2007
dumb question, but I cannot view my windows file on my phone with wm6.1

so..... how do i do this. I know it has been covered so sorry for the lazyness

EddyStone

Jan 19, 2008
In Vista

Open Exporer
Left Click on the phone icon.
Left click Organize
Folders and Search Options
View
Check Show Hidden Files and Folders
Un-Check Hide Protected operating system files
:)

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
Guys, by mistake I duplicated some of the FlashVideo files. Won't make any difference, but it will take a little space from your SD card. As soon as I get a second, I'll post the ones safe to delete. (For noob's)

I'm sure most of you already figured this out.:eek:

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I must doing something wrong.

Here is what it looks like.

/Storage Card/Program Files/TCPMP Media Player 0.81RC1Beta/

Under that folder I have.

/TCPMP

and

/Player

I copied to my /windows/start menu/program folder

player.exe
videosites.htm
videosites-clean.htm.

Sorry if I sound stupid but maybe I just don't understand what I am doing wrong. Site comes up fine but when I click on the video it doesn't work.

It loads the video on the webpage but it doesn't launch TCPMP

xzon

Jan 16, 2007
i also tried cooking it in and using it the way it is neither way worked both still yielded the crash.txt error

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
If you extract to you computer you should get The TCPMP beta file that contains the player file. This goes in \SD Card\Programs or whatever.

Then if you extract the FVB file you should get another file called TCPMP. This also goes in \SD Card\Programs. IT DOES NOT GO IN THE OTHER TCPMP FILE. They are seperate folders, seperate programs, so they get their own file in SD Card\Programs.

You make a shortcut to player.exe for your start menu. Now, if you extracted them on desktop & then moved the files over to PPC then inside the FVB file named TCPMP, you should have other folder. One called VIDEOSITE CLEAN. You make a shortcut to the cleansites .htm in the cleansites folder & again place the shortcut in your sart menu. If you unzip instead of extracting first you just get a jumble of file from each. That's why extract first; that way the folder structure stays intact.

As soon as I get my GD big USA *&%&#@ TomTom map I'll post my file structure if you still need it, but CE2's got me tied up at the moment.

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
If you extract to you computer you should get The TCPMP beta file that contains the player file. This goes in \SD Card\Programs or whatever.

Then if you extract the FVB file you should get another file called TCPMP. This also goes in \SD Card\Programs. IT DOES NOT GO IN THE OTHER TCPMP FILE. They are seperate folders, seperate programs, so they get their own file in SD Card\Programs.

You make a shortcut to player.exe for your start menu. Now, if you extracted them on desktop & then moved the files over to PPC then inside the FVB file named TCPMP, you should have other folder. One called VIDEOSITE CLEAN. You make a shortcut to the cleansites .htm in the cleansites folder & again place the shortcut in your sart menu. If you unzip instead of extracting first you just get a jumble of file from each. That's why extract first; that way the folder structure stays intact.

As soon as I get my GD big USA *&%&#@ TomTom map I'll post my file structure if you still need it, but CE2's got me tied up at the moment.

LOL I'm lost...I give up. I'm not sure I understand this.

could you just show me how it would look in hierarchical scheme.

Like /Storage Card/Program Files/Player

/Storage Card/Program Files/TCPM

I guess I am not just understanding you clearly. Sorry It's a been a long day at work.

xzon

Jan 16, 2007
no tcpmp doesnt run by itself and the fvb doesnt present itself as usual in videosites when clicking on a video no popup menu is displayed, and when u try to run tcpmp player it crashes as usual with same error as initially reported :(