Update to Android 11 issue

dbldigit10

Dec 24, 2008
I'm using an ATT carrier unlocked S20+ on the Verizon network. I keep checking for an OTA update but nothing has come through. This is my first carrier unlocked phone so I'm not sure how I'd get updates or where they would come from. I've included some screen shots.
Would I be able to flash the new firmware through Odin if I cant get OTAs? If so, which firmware would I use? Verizon, ATT?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

dbldigit10

Dec 24, 2008
Ok so I've downloaded the file and got Odin. I'm planning on flashing this weekend. The only question I have is my phone is not rooted. Is that going to be a problem. It's been a while since I've customize my phone. I think the last one I rooted and flashed roms to was my S4. Thanks again for the info.

twinh3ad

Jun 24, 2008
Seremban
Ok so I've downloaded the file and got Odin. I'm planning on flashing this weekend. The only question I have is my phone is not rooted. Is that going to be a problem. It's been a while since I've customize my phone. I think the last one I rooted and flashed roms to was my S4. Thanks again for the info.
Don't worry. Flashing via Odin won't trigger knox status. Just remember to select HOME_CSC before you start flashing if you want to keep all your apps and data

X04D

Sep 6, 2011
Nah you're good. If you had root you'd lose it anyway, so you're good to go. Good luck!

konoplya

Oct 15, 2010
Ancapistan
Did you flash 2.5 manually, or was it OTA? If it was OTA, you could just wait for ATT to release Android 11 for your device.

Either way, you could flash any G986U ROM. Any of these should work: https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-G986U
i have a regular factory unlocked S20 (u.s. variant). can i make an image backup of my current phone and if need be revert back from Android 11 to Android 10 with the backed up image?

dbldigit10

Dec 24, 2008
Thanks for all the info! I flashed the VZW version seamlessly. I used the patched Odin with no issues.
Now will I be able to receive any OTA updates or will I need to continue to flash new updates from now on?
Thanks again!