[Update] unbricked my mi box s mdz-22-ab

Search This thread

mikescorei

Dec 6, 2008
www.9000plus.net
[Update]
Solved the issue
1. Go to this link 4pda . ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=399304&st=600#Spoil-55136455-3
(Of course without spaces)
Or just search on google for "4pda forum" then in the forum search for mdz 22 ab
2. You will find a tread with someone holding a mi box in hand. Enter and read the instructions, translate it because it is in russian.
3. Download usb tool and rom
4. Open box back plastic cover, inside you will see a metal cover. Remove it carefully with a tweezer. Careful not to scratch the board.
5. Install usb tool with drivers, unzip rom. Open usb tool, load rom, insert usb male in box and the other male in pc.
6. This is the tricky part. Click start, shortcircut with the tweezers the test point and the metal frame and PLUG IT
7.If done correctly it should recognize and start download.
8. If it gives an error, repeat, uninstall usb drivers, reinstall, retry. Mine worked after 20 attempts. You need patience.

THANK YOU VLADIMIR UHLIR FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS!

Hello, sometime ago I did a pretty stupid thing with an usb stick and wrote on my mdz-22-ab firmware for mdz-19... something..
Long story short is bricked.. only a red light in the back of the box, no signal to hdmi.. nothing else
Can you, please, be so kind and tell me if it is any way to unbrick it?
Thank you so much for your patience!

Last edited:

bigtalker

May 20, 2007
Hello, sometime ago I did a pretty stupid thing with an usb stick and wrote on my mdz-22-ab firmware for mdz-19... something..
Long story short is bricked.. only a red light in the back of the box, no signal to hdmi.. nothing else

Sorry, your box is scrooged. Hope you learned your lesson.....

Ask for a new box for Christmas

DexV

Jan 12, 2020
successful unbricking

Hi, I had same problem like you. I fixed it using USB Burning Tool and flash image file from: 4pda forum (I'm not allowed to post link to external site)
You can find here mdz-22-ab image as well as instructions how to get your Mibox to "worldcup mode" (you have to disassemble device first), than you will be able to flash that image and bring your bricked Mibox back to the life. URL link for USB burning tool 2.1.7.3 is not valid, so I used version 2.1.7.0 which I found somewhere.
Hope it will help...

Last edited:
Reactions: mikescorei

mikescorei

Dec 6, 2008
www.9000plus.net
Thank you! You saved my device!

Hi, I had same problem like you. I fixed it using USB Burning Tool and flash image file from: 4pda forum (I'm not allowed to post link to external site)
You can find here mdz-22-ab image as well as instructions how to get your Mibox to "worldcup mode" (you have to disassemble device first), than you will be able to flash that image and bring your bricked Mibox back to the life. URL link for USB burning tool 2.1.7.3 is not valid, so I used version 2.1.7.0 which I found somewhere.
Hope it will help...
Can you contact me by email, please? [email protected] . com
It seems I cannot get the device to worldcup mode.. dunno which pins to short.

Last edited:

crocodile61

May 17, 2005
bricked mdz 22-AB

Can you contact me by email, please? [email protected] . com
It seems I cannot get the device to worldcup mode.. dunno which pins to short.

hi all
please i have this probleme too. bricked mibox s mdz 22-AB . i try and try to revive it but i dont know whos pins to short to connecte the device to burning tools. can you please share with me if you have any solution.
thniks
my mail [email protected]

Vitamin_B2

Jan 26, 2009
Amlogic_USB_Burning_Tool's Config should be Erase flash - Erase normal.
If set to Erase flash - Flash all , DRM key will be deleted and amazon video/Netflix will not work,

I did it ... how do I restore the DRM key?

nedro018

Feb 9, 2016
send me a pic of pins to short?

hi
thak you very much bro. my mibox s 22-AB unbriked and revive succesful with this methode in the first time
best regard

i have the firmware flashed ok to an external USB stick, but where are the pins to short together on the MDZ 22 AB? or, where is this "test point" im supposed to short to a "metal case? i see 3 metal covers on the board, probably with chips beneath them...do i have to remove one of these? can you send me a pic of the pins to short? [email protected]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Update]
    Solved the issue
    1. Go to this link 4pda . ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=399304&st=600#Spoil-55136455-3
    (Of course without spaces)
    Or just search on google for "4pda forum" then in the forum search for mdz 22 ab
    2. You will find a tread with someone holding a mi box in hand. Enter and read the instructions, translate it because it is in russian.
    3. Download usb tool and rom
    4. Open box back plastic cover, inside you will see a metal cover. Remove it carefully with a tweezer. Careful not to scratch the board.
    5. Install usb tool with drivers, unzip rom. Open usb tool, load rom, insert usb male in box and the other male in pc.
    6. This is the tricky part. Click start, shortcircut with the tweezers the test point and the metal frame and PLUG IT
    7.If done correctly it should recognize and start download.
    8. If it gives an error, repeat, uninstall usb drivers, reinstall, retry. Mine worked after 20 attempts. You need patience.

THANK YOU VLADIMIR UHLIR FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS!

successful unbricking

Hope it will help...
    hi all
    please i have this probleme too. bricked mibox s mdz 22-AB . i try and try to revive it but i dont know whos pins to short to connecte the device to burning tools. can you please share with me if you have any solution.
    thniks
    my mail [email protected]

Email sent
    Amlogic_USB_Burning_Tool's Config should be Erase flash - Erase normal.
    If set to Erase flash - Flash all , DRM key will be deleted and amazon video/Netflix will not work,

I did it ... how do I restore the DRM key?

You can't. They're gone.