Update v3.0.8AH7 & How to Get Update Links

Search This thread
direct to TCL Link
Code:
https://g2slave-us-east-01.tclcom.com/64c9b63f5a85fdd27b552eec614f884add8fdb67/70/647670

if you want to open that file once downloaded, open it with 7Zip

How to get Update Links
1.) Have adb installed on your computer
2.) Enable USB Debugging, give device permission to connect to the computer
3.) Open CMD, type
Code:
adb logcat > c:\update.txt
-- That creates a text file named update on your c:\ drive
4.) Open settings, go to system update and hit the download button
5.) After a few percent show in downloading, close CMD
6.) Open that text file, search HTTPS and you'll find the link that looks similar to above

Reactions: sierte

sierte

Nov 11, 2017
TCL 10 Pro
direct to TCL Link
Code:
https://g2slave-us-east-01.tclcom.com/64c9b63f5a85fdd27b552eec614f884add8fdb67/70/647670

How to get Update Links
3.) Open CMD, type
Code:
6.) Open that text file, search HTTPS and you'll find the link that looks similar to above
Is this full update (android 11)? or just partial, as was previous..

OhWell Again

Sep 28, 2021
Hi. I've got a TCL 10 Pro/T799B on v2.0.4D.J.B
It never got OTA updates since then and has been sitting unused since I got it.
Anything I should do before applying the v3.0.8AH7 mentioned above?
Anything useful for me to try and grab for anyone else before running the update?

sierte

Nov 11, 2017
TCL 10 Pro
Everything from TCL is partial
Look at my post here on 4PDA (google translate it):

in this case, by using the official update utility (in EDL mode 9008) you'll get the full firmware. because you cant use 9008 for partial updates. after update you will lose all data and the phone will be like right from the box. I just dont know how to logcat this process to TCL server.

Look at my post here on 4PDA (google translate it):

in this case, by using the official update utility (in EDL mode 9008) you'll get the full firmware. because you cant use 9008 for partial updates. after update you will lose all data and the phone will be like right from the box. I just dont know how to logcat this process to TCL server.
you wouldn't logcat, you'd use something like Charles Web Debugger or Fiddler Proxy on your network to watch for incoming network connections to find the firmware files.

I've tried to get this device in EDL before, it wouldn't do it no matter what I tried. As far as getting the firmware, that's kind of useless since we have no idea how to unlock the bootloader since standard methods of "flashing unlock" and such don't work even if you tick oem unlock in dev settings. Customer service won't tell us either

you need to hold all 3 buttons at once on the right side of the phone for 10 sec, after that, press the volume key up. you will need 9008 drivers installed on your computer.
I know how to get into EDL Mode. I work in a cell phone repair shop as the lead android technician. My point is even if we get the firmware, we can't unlock the bootloader

Reactions: l30P0H

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    direct to TCL Link
    Code:

How to get Update Links
    3.) Open CMD, type
    Code:
    Hi. I've got a TCL 10 Pro/T799B on v2.0.4D.J.B
    It never got OTA updates since then and has been sitting unused since I got it.
    Anything I should do before applying the v3.0.8AH7 mentioned above?
    Anything useful for me to try and grab for anyone else before running the update?
    you need to hold all 3 buttons at once on the right side of the phone for 10 sec, after that, press the volume key up. you will need 9008 drivers installed on your computer.
    I know how to get into EDL Mode. I work in a cell phone repair shop as the lead android technician. My point is even if we get the firmware, we can't unlock the bootloader