Question Update your asus rog 5 tencent / ww version easy and on the phone.

Search This thread

mike_sho

Jan 2, 2011
So ive been on this page for awhile trying to figure out how to update my Asus Rog 5 Tencent version which was sold to me with the worldwide edition already loaded on. I live in the usa and im on tmobile and everything works fine for me, except I dont get 5g.

Anyhow here is how I updated my phone without needing a computer or anything. I didnt see this posted so if it is, oh well, hopefully my search keywords help someone from google or on this group.

First step, Firmware download!

1. Go here https://rog.asus.com/phones/rog-phone-5-model/helpdesk_bios
(Hit the "SHOW ALL" button and you will see the WW edition) The stuff at the top is the newest. Just look for WW.

2. Literally download it to your phone (shocker), you may need to long press the download button and hit download link.

3. Once downloaded, open the app section and go to file manager | download folder.

4. Locate the zip file, long press it and a menu pops up then press move, now you will see "local storage and under it internal storage" tap internal storage icon and then it will want to confirm with you "ok" its kinda hidden very bottom right. Once you do that, you are literally done.

5. Now, reboot the phone, login and wait, you will soon see a notice to update the phone in about 60 seconds if not just wait longer, a notice will pop up. Now click update and after about 3 mins itll be fully installed and complete. Then it will reboot the phone again and tada, you are fully updated.

**I dont know if this will work for everyone or if my phone was already unlocked or not, however there is an unlock app on that same page, under driver and tools, I did run that first but not sure if it did anything. You may need to run that first, give it a shot, hope this helps, let me know. But crickey, was this so hard to find for me, hopefully I helped. Also for space saving you will want to go in and delete the file afterwards as it doesnt do it on its own.**

Take care people.

Last edited:
If you have WW installed, WW updates work with / without an unlocked bootloader. Asus openly posts the manual updates, but there will surely be people that could use a guide for it. Asus kinda hid theirs.

Root users should also make sure to launch Magisk and select the "Install to Inactive Slot" option before rebooting (but after the update completes) to avoid having to patch manually.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heero0101

Bryceicle1971

So ive been on this page for awhile trying to figure out how to update my Asus Rog 5 Tencent version which was sold to me with the worldwide edition already loaded on. I live in the usa and im on tmobile and everything works fine for me, except I dont get 5g.

Anyhow here is how I updated my phone without needing a computer or anything. I didnt see this posted so if it is, oh well, hopefully my search keywords help someone from google or on this group.

(Hit the "SHOW ALL" button and you will see the WW edition) The stuff at the top is the newest. Just look for WW.

2. Literally download it to your phone (shocker), you may need to long press the download button and hit download link.

3. Once downloaded, open the app section and go to file manager | download folder.

4. Locate the zip file, long press it and a menu pops up then press move, now you will see "local storage and under it internal storage" tap internal storage icon and then it will want to confirm with you "ok" its kinda hidden very bottom right. Once you do that, you are literally done.

5. Now, reboot the phone, login and wait, you will soon see a notice to update the phone in about 60 seconds if not just wait longer, a notice will pop up. Now click update and after about 3 mins itll be fully installed and complete. Then it will reboot the phone again and tada, you are fully updated.

**I dont know if this will work for everyone or if my phone was already unlocked or not, however there is an unlock app on that same page, under driver and tools, I did run that first but not sure if it did anything. You may need to run that first, give it a shot, hope this helps, let me know. But crickey, was this so hard to find for me, hopefully I helped. Also for space saving you will want to go in and delete the file afterwards as it doesnt do it on its own.**

Take care people.
Thanks. So far so good. Have file from August update WW version. Will charge up a bit then try to install. 😊 Thanks an fingers crossed. Sooooo much simpler than Xiaomi

Reactions: twistedumbrella

Bryceicle1971

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210913-232418276.jpg
    Screenshot_20210913-232418276.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 413
  • Screenshot_20210913-232453892.jpg
    Screenshot_20210913-232453892.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 415

lvt213

Sep 4, 2015

Take care people.
Do you have other function like tencent firmware: fingprints, System Lighting....
My ww firmware disable these

Reactions: Bryceicle1971
I followed the instructions but it says update failed, my phone currently has the 18.0840.2106.28 firmware.

I can unzip the file so it doesn't seem corrupted. Any idea why it won't update?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211128-155620469.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-155620469.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 311
  • Screenshot_20211128-160227999.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-160227999.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 294
  • Screenshot_20211128-160352507.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-160352507.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 288
  • Screenshot_20211128-160358419.jpg
    Screenshot_20211128-160358419.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

Kunyuttah

Jan 1, 2022
I heard that one version of software update cause the rog to lose it ability to connect to the wifi. Is anyone with tencent that have update software have any problem

joseefrain

Jan 25, 2022
Version WW-18.0830.2101.86 esta es la vercion que tengo instalada pero ya probe y siempre me dice faile, ya desbloquee el bootloader nose que mas hacer,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Take care people.

[FIX] if you can't update when on android 12

👉Remember to backup your stuff because it will delete everything

You must downgrade it back to Android 11
    WW-18.0840.2201.226 (Android 11) for WW/EU/RU versions.

After downgrading, go get the latest firmware
    edit WW_31.0810.1226.67 (Android 12)

This should get you on current highest firmware.
    and hopefully it's fixed for the next update
    If you have WW installed, WW updates work with / without an unlocked bootloader. Asus openly posts the manual updates, but there will surely be people that could use a guide for it. Asus kinda hid theirs.

Root users should also make sure to launch Magisk and select the "Install to Inactive Slot" option before rebooting (but after the update completes) to avoid having to patch manually.
    This should be pinned for the amount of people who have tencent versions.
    Version WW-18.0840.2202.231 is good, stable, nothing to comment on this except : it's no Android 12 ????

When or where is the Android 12 version to grab ?

sorry get Version WW-31.0810.1226.67