-com/
  -google/
    -android/
     update-binary
     updater-script
system/
-app/
 TouchWiz30Launcher.apk
I took update-binary and updater-script from another update.zip (Theme).
Then i modified updater-script to this:
Code:
show_progress(0,0);
mount("MTD", "system", "/system");
delete_recursive("/system/app/TouchWiz30Launcher.apk");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
unmount("/system");
show_progress(10.000000, 1);
Unfortunately it doesn't work. This is what i get if i try to apply the .zip:
Code:
-- Installing: SDCARD:TouchWizGTG_v1.1.1_update.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
E:Error in /mnt/sdcard/TouchWizGTG_v1.1.1_update.zip
(status 6)
Installation aborted.
Whats wrong with it? I already googled Status 6, and found theres something wrong with the script e.g. file was not saved in unix format or something.
I tried several text editors like notepad, wordpad, notepad++ and even dreamweaver.

I just don't get it. Why isn't it working?

SysTem-X

Aug 24, 2010
Penang
Try to get a "fresh" updater-script which is untouched, maybe from the swype zips that doc has posted on his doc rom page and edit it again. I was editing with textpad and switched to notepad++ but it didnt help.. So i tried a fresh script with notepad++ again and it worked..

Reactions: mirushi

quyrauxanh

Sep 13, 2010
Try to get a "fresh" updater-script which is untouched, maybe from the swype zips that doc has posted on his doc rom page and edit it again. I was editing with textpad and switched to notepad++ but it didnt help.. So i tried a fresh script with notepad++ again and it worked..

can you teach me your way, sorry my bad english

franklin01

Sep 16, 2010
Use notepad or gedit to edit script, worpad and others may corrupt it.

Also if you are only replacing an app you dont have to remove it first, when the package is extracted it will overwrite files automatically.

quyrauxanh

Sep 13, 2010

Use notepad or gedit to edit script, worpad and others may corrupt it.

Also if you are only replacing an app you dont have to remove it first, when the package is extracted it will overwrite files automatically.

thank i'm doing

loco-

Jul 2, 2010
Thank you guys, i'm going to trying it. I'll let you know if it works.

Last edited:

loco-

Jul 2, 2010
It works :)
I took update-binary and updater-script from swype update.zip.
Is the update-binary "bound" to a specific updater-script?
If yes, how can i create my own?

DamianGto

Sep 17, 2010

I guess you do this on windows.
Maby gnuzip work.
The problem you have is the zip you create is wrong for linux/android system.
You can always make an wmware with linux and use that to make things for the phone.
I use unbutu to compile kernels and all other stuff for the phone.

Sent from GT-I9000 jpo. My own kernel for z4mod and with 342MB Ram

Reactions: kiodo1981

illtown

Sep 9, 2010
Saint-Petersburg
Hi guys, I've just found the solution to this problem. To be short it's all about newline characters. Windows and Unix systems treat the newline chars differently. All you need to do is change the Windows newlines with the Unix ones. You can do it easily with Notepad++. So open the script, click the "Show All Characters" icon (you should see the newlines here), then navigate to "Edit-->EOL Conversion-->Convert to UNIX Format" and that's it. Finally, you should end up with single LFs. And don't forget about encoding, should be ANSI.

marutza06

Apr 2, 2012
Logo Freez

Find an update.zip that has already been done by someone else.. Then extract the zip file, and take the update-script/updater-script from the folder. After that open it with notepad++ or any other editor that won't add extra spaces for no reason.

Phone Xperia X10
Current ROM : CyanogenMod 7.1
.... installing CyanogenMod 7.2 .

Yeah ,i followed your advice , modifing the build.prop in Word was the problem . instaled notepad++ , that error didn't came up anymore ,but ....
Xrecovery said the instalation is complete. It took 2 sec :O .that can't be right !!
And now the phone freezes at the Sony Ericsson LOGO :(

I have installed CM before with no prob ,but now this ... .CAN ANYONE HELP ?

Reactions: M4ST3R-V

MicroDroidXDA

Dec 4, 2012
microdroid.wordpress.com
Hi guys, I've just found the solution to this problem. To be short it's all about newline characters. Windows and Unix systems treat the newline chars differently. All you need to do is change the Windows newlines with the Unix ones. You can do it easily with Notepad++. So open the script, click the "Show All Characters" icon (you should see the newlines here), then navigate to "Edit-->EOL Conversion-->Convert to UNIX Format" and that's it. Finally, you should end up with single LFs. And don't forget about encoding, should be ANSI.

I'm using Ubuntu, so shouldn't the newline characters be the Unix ones by default? I got the error after modifying AOSP 4.1.2 for Galaxy S Plus with dsixda's Android Kitchen. The Text Editor I'm using is gedit (default Ubuntu Text Editor). Does anyone know a Ubuntu Text Editor that is similar to Notepad++?

mikky986

Sep 4, 2013

Thanks bro!!

This instructions really helped me to solve my elife e7 update issue. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can you teach me your way, sorry my bad english

Find an update.zip that has already been done by someone else.. Then extract the zip file, and take the update-script/updater-script from the folder. After that open it with notepad++ or any other editor that won't add extra spaces for no reason.

I guess you do this on windows.
    Maby gnuzip work.
    The problem you have is the zip you create is wrong for linux/android system.
    You can always make an wmware with linux and use that to make things for the phone.
    I use unbutu to compile kernels and all other stuff for the phone.

Sent from GT-I9000 jpo. My own kernel for z4mod and with 342MB Ram
    Logo Freez

Phone Xperia X10
    Current ROM : CyanogenMod 7.1
    .... installing CyanogenMod 7.2 .

Yeah ,i followed your advice , modifing the build.prop in Word was the problem . instaled notepad++ , that error didn't came up anymore ,but ....
    Xrecovery said the instalation is complete. It took 2 sec :O .that can't be right !!
    And now the phone freezes at the Sony Ericsson LOGO :(

I have installed CM before with no prob ,but now this ... .CAN ANYONE HELP ?