Update?

Search This thread

bhs73

Jun 10, 2013
After 8 months i finally got an update. June 1st on Reteu. Great job Motorola...

m_loaiza

Apr 17, 2012
I'm on March 1 security patch update XT1955-5 Running on Verizon Network. but by choice because May 1 Security Patch update firmware for the XT1955-5 "RETUS" channel is available at least in lolinet repository. And I'm here because tosetinf some stuff like why after flashing latest May 1 SPU brakes the modem while downgrading. So far "1st Bootloader updated" main reason modem breaks while going back. So far I just leave alone these May 1 Security Patch Update bins. When flashing back/downgrading just don't execute this commands to keep modem/baseband/radio working. If you happen to run the commands you will lose baseband and all and won't have a working network.
I Lost my modem, i downgrade, if i reflash newer firmware can i get it back

Reactions: sd_shadow

runed.OS

Jul 11, 2016
Moto E5
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Yup I tweeted at Motorola and talked to Google a few days ago. They threatened Motorola about that Android Enterprise Recommend contract they have... There's a new update today ? XT1955-4

Treboeth

Jul 6, 2013
Yup I tweeted at Motorola and talked to Google a few days ago. They threatened Motorola about that Android Enterprise Recommend contract they have... There's a new update today XT1955-4
Do you have a link for the tweet?
Seems as though the update is only for some countries,I wouldn't mind adding a comment to the tweet and I bet a few others would add to it as well.

Treboeth

Jul 6, 2013
Yup I tweeted at Motorola and talked to Google a few days ago. They threatened Motorola about that Android Enterprise Recommend contract they have... There's a new update today XT1955-4

https://twitter.com/MotorolaUS/status/1157261237866176514?s=09

Look I'm doxxing myself lol

Edit:
We should probably note that the June security update doesn't fix that huge security vuln that was fixed in the July update.
Also, maybe we could get them to release compilable source code for the software and kernel installed on the phone

Reply added :)

Just don't tell anyone it was me ;)

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
how to update the international version to the latest update.i am running a Moto g7power 1955-2 and its got the december 2018 security patch. and I do have the bootloader unlocked for that reason . thati So i could either flash the stock or hopefully down the road just flash a custom rom like lineage to it.
I received the January security update today

mrk2815

May 16, 2012
burbank
Doing some researching and supposeably the august patch will appear for the moto g7 power along with the rest of the line up.i dont know how long that will take .but i am wondering when its available will it be available on the mirror site for us to grab the zip file and flash manually i like thatapproach.ths how i have always been doing with other Android devices that i owned from the nexus devices to the one plus devices. i only grabbed the moto g7 power was the attraction to the massive 5k battery. .i

Reactions: palorent

alphahere

Nov 6, 2010
Doing some researching and supposeably the august patch will appear for the moto g7 power along with the rest of the line up.i dont know how long that will take .but i am wondering when its available will it be available on the mirror site for us to grab the zip file and flash manually i like thatapproach.ths how i have always been doing with other Android devices that i owned from the nexus devices to the one plus devices. i only grabbed the moto g7 power was the attraction to the massive 5k battery. .i

Yes, it should be available unless Motorola does not release the zip.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
For the most part, Motorola has not publicly released firmware. Still almost since the beginning certain people have had access to Motorola servers.
Sometimes it takes awhile, but firmware for most models is made available by someone.
I have some good links in my
Moto Drivers, Firmware, RSD Lite, and other Unbricking Tools

Sent from my PH-1 using XDA Labs

Reactions: mrk2815

mannikon

May 8, 2015
June update OTA today. XT1955-4, PPO29.14-134, retgb. Sim-free phone using 3uk sim. Seems brighter and faster but maybe only compared to my four year old Samsung fine-tuning RR 7.0.2 a lot today (RR has a ton of stuff the Moto's Pie doesn't). Will July update come or will Q come ...

Aitch

Mar 4, 2005
June update OTA today. XT1955-4, PPO29.14-134, retgb. Sim-free phone using 3uk sim. Seems brighter and faster but maybe only compared to my four year old Samsung fine-tuning RR 7.0.2 a lot today (RR has a ton of stuff the Moto's Pie doesn't). Will July update come or will Q come ...

Did you have any problems downloading this update?

I got my phone from Argos a few days ago and it says there is the 134 update available and proceeds to download in the background... but it stays at 0% ?
Have checked that my Wifi is working and have left it running overnight - but it's still at 0% in the morning...

mannikon

May 8, 2015
Did you have any problems downloading this update?

I got my phone from Argos a few days ago and it says there is the 134 update available and proceeds to download in the background... but it stays at 0% ?
Have checked that my Wifi is working and have left it running overnight - but it's still at 0% in the morning...

Trouble-free. Over wifi took about 30 minutes.

Top Liked Posts