[UPDATED 03.12.14][TUT][S6500D\S6500]Flashing\Rooting\OC\BLN for Galaxy Mini II

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukdav

Dec 10, 2011
Milano
The best way to uninstall bloatware is Titanium backup or Link2sd
thank you I'll try soon.
I now have successfully installed the stock rom from sammobile and it is already less cluteered with junk applications then the one the phone came with, but I have 2 big problems:
1) there is no 3G connection. why???
2) I rooted and installed OC kernel following these instructions but I ended up with exactely the same wifi problem described 2 weeks ago by khrisstyan.
does it mean I need to start over again with an older stock rom? and wher do I find it? and does it make sense in your opinion to run an outdated firmware for having OCing?
thank you
davide

Porobu

Oct 3, 2011
Re: [TUT][GT-S6500/D/T/L][UPDATED][ALL-IN-ONE][STOCK] Flashing, Rooting, Unrooting, O

thank you I'll try soon.
I now have successfully installed the stock rom from sammobile and it is already less cluteered with junk applications then the one the phone came with, but I have 2 big problems:
1) there is no 3G connection. why???
2) I rooted and installed OC kernel following these instructions but I ended up with exactely the same wifi problem described 2 weeks ago by khrisstyan.
does it mean I need to start over again with an older stock rom? and wher do I find it? and does it make sense in your opinion to run an outdated firmware for having OCing?
thank you
davide
U have to install a stock rom that starts its name with XX (europe) and older than LE (may 2012)
Also for 3G check apn settings and make sure u installed the XX rom

Sent from my GT-S6500 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

U have to install a stock rom that starts its name with XX (europe) and older than LE (may 2012) because if it is newer wifi will not work with oc kernel
Also for 3G check apn settings and make sure u installed the XX rom

yukdav

Dec 10, 2011
Milano
yes thank you, I found an XXLD, it's downloading now...
but what is the difference with the latest LK version?
does it make sense to use an old version for having OC kernel?
is OC kernel useful only for gaming (which I do not do) or does it make the phone appreciably more performant in general?

The 3G problem was there before OCing, it's independent, and of course I checked the "Use packet data" box under Mobile network settings, if this is what you mean by
check apn settings
, is it?

Porobu

Oct 3, 2011
Re: [TUT][GT-S6500/D/T/L][UPDATED][ALL-IN-ONE][STOCK] Flashing, Rooting, Unrooting, O

yes thank you, I found an XXLD, it's downloading now...
but what is the difference with the latest LK version?
does it make sense to use an old version for having OC kernel?
is OC kernel useful only for gaming (which I do not do) or does it make the phone appreciably more performant in general?

The 3G problem was there before OCing, it's independent, and of course I checked the "Use packet data" box under Mobile network settings, if this is what you mean by , is it?
Oc kernel breaks wifi in new versions
Check apns in mobile networks for 3G. The apn has to be correctly configured to connect to data network

yukdav

Dec 10, 2011
Milano
Oc kernel breaks wifi in new versions
I understood this, but you are not understanding my question.
I have 2 choices:
1) old rom with OCed kernel
2) new rom without OCed kernel

in order to choose, I'm asking you:
a) what is the difference between 2 stock roms, more then half a year apart?
b) in what kind of applications do you see the OC kernel benefits?

Check apns in mobile networks for 3G. The apn has to be correctly configured to connect to data network
sorry, now I got this, it works.

Porobu

Oct 3, 2011

I understood this, but you are not understanding my question.
I have 2 choices:
1) old rom with OCed kernel
2) new rom without OCed kernel

in order to choose, I'm asking you:
a) what is the difference between 2 stock roms, more then half a year apart? System apps are update and could have less bugs
b) in what kind of applications do you see the OC kernel benefits? OC makes the proccesor intensive tasks go faster and the kernel has more extras like bln droidwall support and others

sorry, now I got this, it works.

Reactions: yukdav

yukdav

Dec 10, 2011
Milano
yeah, ok, so put on the OCed one and will try it.

just one thing: I have s6500 and I correctly flashed only roms for s6500 and never s6500D, however now the boot logo shows s6500D, do I need to care about that?

Another small question: if the bin counter is >0 the warranty is void, fine I don't care, but what difference does it make how much it grows? is there an upper limit beyond which it won't allow you to flash anything else?

Last edited:

yukdav

Dec 10, 2011
Milano
mm, everything was going pretty fine, but now I'm stuck again:
software update asked me to install an update and rebooted and now it keeps rebooting into recovery mode!
I wiped user data, caches, tried to remove battery, but still I cannot exit the loop...
don't tell I have to flash the rom again :(

Baskhara

Jul 19, 2012
Pelaihari

Guys when I do reboot recovery on terminal or rom toolbox the phone always rebooted to recovery, how can I fix this w/o reflashing the CWM?
Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my GT-S6500D using Tapatalk 2

rhisendark

Sep 17, 2012
Turkiye
Ynt: [TUT][GT-S6500/D/T/L][UPDATED][ALL-IN-ONE][STOCK] Flashing, Rooting, Unrooting,

Reflash cwm for bootloops. sorry.

GT-S6500 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

yukdav

Dec 10, 2011
Milano
Reflash cwm for bootloops. sorry.
it doesn't work. I tried and after flashing, it reboots in recovery, I ask him to reboot again and it enters a very strange trembling text only screen with a white band on a side. it looks something like this:

############################
# #
# RAMDUMP Mode #
# (ARM9 mode) #
- AP -
Oops
recovery PID=90
- CP -
smem_Ocil_tmp.c LINE=0
Format :
qxdm_message :

and stops responding to any button, I have to remove battery to exit this, tried many times.
kind of creepy...

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

flashing the rom should have nothing to do with it, right?
please somebody get me out of here, because I don't find a way out...

it doesn't work. I tried and after flashing, it reboots in recovery, I ask him to reboot again and it enters a very strange trembling text only screen with a white band on a side. it looks something like this:

# #
# RAMDUMP Mode #
# (ARM9 mode) #
- AP -
Oops
recovery PID=90
- CP -
smem_Ocil_tmp.c LINE=0
Format :
qxdm_message :

and stops responding to any button, I have to remove battery to exit this, tried many times.
kind of creepy...

yukdav

Dec 10, 2011
Milano
your phone probably bricked now... i recovered from bootloops by reflashing cwm many times.
bricked why? all I did was installing an update from within the phone itself..
I reinstalled cwm 3 times now withou any change. how many times di you flash it?
please somebody help, because I'm getting desperate...

Porobu

Oct 3, 2011
bricked why? all I did was installing an update from within the phone itself..
I reinstalled cwm 3 times now withou any change. how many times di you flash it?
please somebody help, because I'm getting desperate...
Install a stock rom via odin first and see if the problem continues without modifying the rom

yukdav

Dec 10, 2011
Milano
Install a stock rom via odin first and see if the problem continues without modifying the rom
yes, this worked, I started the whole thing again, rom, CWM, rooting, OC and all apps...
I will not update now, also because I noticed that the update is actually the XXLK rom which doesn't work with OCed kernel.
ok, boring, but it worked, although I did not understand why if the problem was with CWM.
thank you
d

darkmanz

May 8, 2012
Minya

thanx for the tut bro :D
but can you make the root.zip work in orginal recovery my laptop isnt working so i cant flash cwm

Sent from my GT-S6500D using xda premium

yukdav

Dec 10, 2011
Milano
what updates? s6500d never had any updates :/
well, after you install the stock rom, the software update application asked me to install an update. I clicked install without knowing what it was, and only later I realized it is actually the latest rom. I had installed an XXLD2 version, because I wanted to run OCed kernel and I ended up with the latest XXLK2 one, so I had to start over again.

Is there an upper limit to the bin counter?
why is it a counter and not simply a seal, (you break it once, you loose warranty), what does the number matter for?

Status
Not open for further replies.