*** UPDATED 1/19/11 *** HD2 G-Sensor Solved!

Search This thread

AngelDeath

May 12, 2009
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Greets all,

I just wanted to inform everyone that is using NAND builds Especially DFT's I have solved the G-Sensor Problem. After searching, and sorry for saying no one even giving me an idea even where to look, I finally after days of digging found it!

I can't Promise this will work for everyone, but This does work for me, and it should work for everyone else. Download the attached file, unzip it and then copy your existing bma150_user file from system/bin and make a backup (DO NOT DELETE THIS FILE from its location), then with root access copy the file I attached to the same location over-writing the existing one, then REBOOT, you can now calibrate your G-Sensor without it being facedown.

This MIGHT fix the G-Sensor freeze issues that some have also, again MIGHT

Worse case if this doesnt fix your G-Sensor problem, then copy back your backup and you wont have to hate me, but I think this should work for just about everyone!

(Filesource Credit: Ripped from Motomans234 Carbom EVO Remix SDCard Android)

*** Updated: 1/15/11 ***

Apparently It seems somethings have changed in certain Builds that have stopped the replacing of this file from working. I went on the hunt, and found another work around, but this file is still needed. Follow Below:

Before installing the file above, go to System/Bin and delete the bma150_usr, then navigate to Data/Misc, and delete the following files:

AK8973Prms.txt
AK8973.Prms.txt.tmp (If there)
bma150_usr.txt (If there)

After navigate to the above file and add it to System/BIN and then your calibrating will function correctly and adjust the values properly.

*** UPDATE 1/19/11 ***

This is for anyone that DOESNT have the G-Sensor under Display, but anyone can use it:

Go to market, and download a program called Bubble. Its a program to use your phone as a level. Install it and run it, you have to calibrate it 4 times. First vertical (Side without the volume rocker against something straight), Second horizontal (First volume rocker facing down, bottom against something straight), Third horizontal (Volume rocker facing up, top of phone against something straight). And lastly calibrate the phone laying flat on its back. After that your phone should be calibrated for use.

This workaround will NOT fix the auto-rotation problem.

Any issues, post, if it works for you post a comment so others know.

Attachments

• bma150_usr.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 2,577
Last edited:

AngelDeath

May 12, 2009
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Again just so everyone knows the only phone I can test this out on is the HD2 TMOUS made after June 2010. I seriously think this might have to do with some sort of hardware revision. But I cant be sure.

But I'm trying, as we all know all setups and phones arent the same, just like desktops, but anyone I can help Im happy.

Reactions: lextad666

AngelDeath

May 12, 2009
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Again, I dont know which phones it will work with, I do know with a USA HD2 TMOUS made after june 2010 which is what I have it works. The file in question is the bma150_usr file. The file I posted is from Motoman's Carbon EVO remix sdcard android, and it works with the DFT NAND Rom.

For anyone willing to read, or wishes to know how I found this, here is my reference point in finding the driver which controls G-Sensor:

http://www.slideshare.net/appleboy/introduction-to-gsensor-i2c-driver

Reference pages: 10 thru 24.

Reactions: lextad666

henry.yeh0309

Sep 13, 2010
Again, I dont know which phones it will work with, I do know with a USA HD2 TMOUS made after june 2010 which is what I have it works. The file in question is the bma150_usr file. The file I posted is from Motoman's Carbon EVO remix sdcard android, and it works with the DFT NAND Rom.

For anyone willing to read, or wishes to know how I found this, here is my reference point in finding the driver which controls G-Sensor:

Hey, thanks, man. You have given enough information so far. Good work! :)

DungEps

Jan 7, 2011
Please show me how to copy your file to system/bin, I tried but I has received a message : "This folder read only", although my hd2 rooted by z4root ?

DungEps

Jan 7, 2011
When in system/bin, depending on the explorer you are using you have to change to Mount R/W, by default you are viewing the folder as Mount R/O.

R/W = Read/Write
R/O = Read/Only
Thanks! I did it, but i don't know why it doesn't work on my phone, although it's running on DFT NAND Rom :(

C0BRA01

Apr 5, 2009
Mill Creek, Washington
G-Sensor fix

Did NOT work for me.but I don't have the T-Mobile version either. Yours is probably the T8585, and I have a T9193 (Australian version which does 3G on AT&T) When I 1st did it, it seemed to work (right side calibrator was not going crazy anymore) but then would not rotate screen at all. A temporary work around is if you reinstall the rom, and do NOT use the calibrator at all, screen rotation works fine. Sort of like the old joke; "Doctor it hurts when I touch this!" Doctors reply; "Then don't touch it!"

Just a quick bump for the people that are still having issues with the G-Sensor.

SoFaKiNgStOkeD

Jul 8, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Even though I didn't use this fix per se, (my G-Sensor was just freezing) this still fixed my issue. The last part where he said about calibrating it face down is what caught my eye. I just did that on the edge of a table and bam, its fixed! My G is now working as it should. So stoked!

Sent from my HTC HD2 Running Android 2.2 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greets all,

I just wanted to inform everyone that is using NAND builds Especially DFT's I have solved the G-Sensor Problem. After searching, and sorry for saying no one even giving me an idea even where to look, I finally after days of digging found it!

I can't Promise this will work for everyone, but This does work for me, and it should work for everyone else. Download the attached file, unzip it and then copy your existing bma150_user file from system/bin and make a backup (DO NOT DELETE THIS FILE from its location), then with root access copy the file I attached to the same location over-writing the existing one, then REBOOT, you can now calibrate your G-Sensor without it being facedown.

This MIGHT fix the G-Sensor freeze issues that some have also, again MIGHT

Worse case if this doesnt fix your G-Sensor problem, then copy back your backup and you wont have to hate me, but I think this should work for just about everyone!

(Filesource Credit: Ripped from Motomans234 Carbom EVO Remix SDCard Android)

*** Updated: 1/15/11 ***

Apparently It seems somethings have changed in certain Builds that have stopped the replacing of this file from working. I went on the hunt, and found another work around, but this file is still needed. Follow Below:

Before installing the file above, go to System/Bin and delete the bma150_usr, then navigate to Data/Misc, and delete the following files:

AK8973Prms.txt
    AK8973.Prms.txt.tmp (If there)
    bma150_usr.txt (If there)

After navigate to the above file and add it to System/BIN and then your calibrating will function correctly and adjust the values properly.

*** UPDATE 1/19/11 ***

This is for anyone that DOESNT have the G-Sensor under Display, but anyone can use it:

Go to market, and download a program called Bubble. Its a program to use your phone as a level. Install it and run it, you have to calibrate it 4 times. First vertical (Side without the volume rocker against something straight), Second horizontal (First volume rocker facing down, bottom against something straight), Third horizontal (Volume rocker facing up, top of phone against something straight). And lastly calibrate the phone laying flat on its back. After that your phone should be calibrated for use.

This workaround will NOT fix the auto-rotation problem.

Any issues, post, if it works for you post a comment so others know.
    Well, I finally managed to get my G-sensor working again after my HD2 came back from repair.

Inspired by this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=22813060&postcount=148

I did the following:

1) Used ES File Explorer explorer to go to /system/lib/hw/
    In this folder, there should be a file named: "sensors.????.so"
    Write down what it says in the ???? part.

2) Go to /system/ and open the "build.prop" file.
    In here, locate the following lines:

ro.product.name=X
    ro.product.device=X
    ro.product.board=X

Replace whatever it says as X with what you wrote down earlier.

3) Save and exit (If you can't save it, make sure you've checked the "Mount File System" box in ES File Explorer settings.)

4) Reboot your phone, your G-sensor should be fully functional again. (Don't forget to enable it in settings if you've turned it off before.)

Hope this helps, and if it did, don't forget to give thanks to the original poster =].
    hi thank you for you solving.
    but my hd2 gsensor calibration was freezed yet.
    Again just so everyone knows the only phone I can test this out on is the HD2 TMOUS made after June 2010. I seriously think this might have to do with some sort of hardware revision. But I cant be sure.

But I'm trying, as we all know all setups and phones arent the same, just like desktops, but anyone I can help Im happy.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone