• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

UPDATED 2/1/2011 [ROM] [Sense 2.2.1 Froyo] ChocolateFroyo v1.0-rel2 - Go Sense

Search This thread

RaduG

Apr 3, 2010
London
THIS ROM IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE FOR AN UNDETERMINED PERIOD OF TIME.

This is a 2.2 Sense ROM. Unfortunately, it still has two bugs, but even so it is usable, stable and fast.

ATTENTION! For those who already have 1.0-rel1 flashed, make sure you backup your data because flashing the ROM will wipe data even if you don't do it from recovery.

Note: There will be no other update until the Camera is fixed. Also, don't expect any updates in the next 1-2 weeks.

See post #2 for changelog and critical information.

ss1ht.png
ss2cwj.png
ss4g.png

What does not work:
- Camera
- Bluetooth audio WITH SOME DEVICES

Just so you know, I'm working hard to fix those issues, so don't panic, this will be updated soon. You might help me find other bugs if you test it. I can guarantee that if you don't need the camera, this ROM can work as an everyday ROM just fine.

What works:

- flash 10
- EXT-A2SD
- Calls, SMS, MMS
- Internet 2G/3G
- WiFi
- GPS/AGPS
- OpenGL
- lights
- accelerometer, sensors
- wired/wireless tethering
... everything else
+ Teeter - I've packed it so you can have a bit of fun?

Instructions:
Flash it and make a cup of coffee because the first boot takes AGES. Don't panic, it will eventually start :)).

The custom kernel included is compiled from Erasmux's FlyKernel 12a. I've just enabled my dual-governor configuration and made the changes required by that. Nothing much, so credits to him.

Credits also go to the CDMA Hero devs which made this in the first place.

ChocolateFroyo 1.0-rel2(multiupload)
MD5: d08fb202c3bde7fd5bfb4751bd961fed

Last edited:

RaduG

Apr 3, 2010
London
READ!!!

1.0-rel2

- fixed lights
- cleaned system - boots faster, runs smoother
- adjusted dalvik heapsize
- added custom kernel with dual-governor configuration(read below for more info)

1.0-rel1
Initial release

About the Dual-Governor configuration:

The default settings are: 352/691 ondemand screenon, 176/352 conservative screen off. This way the battery is conserved while the performance is at its best when you need it. If your phone can't run @691MHz, all you have to do is download the attached file, unzip it, and edit it as following:
echo 691200 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
This line tells the kernel what's the max frequency when the screen is on. Here you can edit with one of the following values:
After you edit it accordingly, save it and push the file to /system/etc/init.d:
adb remount
adb push 90governor /system/etc/init.d
adb reboot
Now you're good to go!

Attachments

• 90governor.zip
    558 bytes · Views: 228
Last edited:

erasmux

Retired Recognized Developer
May 22, 2010
What does not work:
- Camera
- Bluetooth audio

BT audio works on Sengle, if that helps you somehow.

About the camera I really have no ideas, to solve it on ASOP/CM they needed to backport the camera interface from eclair - something you can't do on Sense cause you don't have sources. This is what made me give up.

I really hope you can get this working, because I think no one else is working on these issues.

Good luck.

RaduG

Apr 3, 2010
London
Thanks for the A2DP tip ;)
As for the camera, I've got to the point where the image is clear, but it does not refresh(although it doesn't behave like that with the uploaded version). So I'm pretty confident that with a bit of work I will fix it eventually.

I hope you don't mind that I'm using your kernel.

erasmux

Retired Recognized Developer
May 22, 2010
Thanks for the A2DP tip ;)
As for the camera, I've got to the point where the image is clear, but it does not refresh(although it doesn't behave like that with the uploaded version). So I'm pretty confident that with a bit of work I will fix it eventually.

I hope you don't mind that I'm using your kernel.

np. Whatever works best for you :D

maddog497

Jul 18, 2009
Aw, crap. I just posted how stable and good (perfect) Floyo 1.2.0 was and now you went and released yours, lol.

Back-up and here I come.

I'm going to backup to my sd card and save it and start fresh with a new card. Hopefully that way I can restore quicker and without any hicups.

Thanks RaduG

RaduG

Apr 3, 2010
London
@GZFan
I don't know how that ROM works, but from the description I can tell you that the GPS is not working there. Otherwise I have no idea, as I haven't tried it.

@tomekk_nt
It's an Aria/Legend/Hero hybrid.

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
Is there a difference between this rom and these: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=838730

I guess yes ;) , but what makes this rom different?

RaduG is building it, the man behind vanillaEclair 4 (still imho the most flawless and responsive rom for the hero, old though it may be), vanillaEclair 5 (newer sourcecode than ve4, better than the other roms based on those same sources, not quite as good as ve4 though on my particular phone), and chocolateEclair 2 (a wonderful 2.1 sense rom that many feel is best of breed on the hero). He knows how to assemble and mess with the code in hero android roms exceptionally well and has a longer success rate with single-handed rom creation on the gsm hero than anyone else that I'm aware of.

This is all just my personal opinion and experience; I don't actually know the guy (hey Radu ;-)

Aside from that, literal differences are that he's building it himself based on some cdma stuff so will be undoubtedly bringing in different sources, and probably difference bits of sense executable stuff, to try and get things like camera working. Oh yea, and as noted he's actually working on this rom actively where the rom you linked to was great but is now abandoned due to a feature implementation stalemate and work on other time-consuming exciting projects by the same developer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS ROM IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE FOR AN UNDETERMINED PERIOD OF TIME.

This is a 2.2 Sense ROM. Unfortunately, it still has two bugs, but even so it is usable, stable and fast.

ATTENTION! For those who already have 1.0-rel1 flashed, make sure you backup your data because flashing the ROM will wipe data even if you don't do it from recovery.

Note: There will be no other update until the Camera is fixed. Also, don't expect any updates in the next 1-2 weeks.

See post #2 for changelog and critical information.

ss1ht.png
    ss2cwj.png
    ss4g.png

What does not work:
    - Camera
    - Bluetooth audio WITH SOME DEVICES

Just so you know, I'm working hard to fix those issues, so don't panic, this will be updated soon. You might help me find other bugs if you test it. I can guarantee that if you don't need the camera, this ROM can work as an everyday ROM just fine.

What works:

- flash 10
    - EXT-A2SD
    - Calls, SMS, MMS
    - Internet 2G/3G
    - WiFi
    - GPS/AGPS
    - OpenGL
    - lights
    - accelerometer, sensors
    - wired/wireless tethering
    ... everything else
    + Teeter - I've packed it so you can have a bit of fun?

Instructions:
    Flash it and make a cup of coffee because the first boot takes AGES. Don't panic, it will eventually start :)).

The custom kernel included is compiled from Erasmux's FlyKernel 12a. I've just enabled my dual-governor configuration and made the changes required by that. Nothing much, so credits to him.

Credits also go to the CDMA Hero devs which made this in the first place.

ChocolateFroyo 1.0-rel2(multiupload)
    MD5: d08fb202c3bde7fd5bfb4751bd961fed

READ!!!

1.0-rel2

- fixed lights
    - cleaned system - boots faster, runs smoother
    - adjusted dalvik heapsize
    - added custom kernel with dual-governor configuration(read below for more info)

1.0-rel1
    Initial release

About the Dual-Governor configuration:

The default settings are: 352/691 ondemand screenon, 176/352 conservative screen off. This way the battery is conserved while the performance is at its best when you need it. If your phone can't run @691MHz, all you have to do is download the attached file, unzip it, and edit it as following:
    echo 691200 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    This line tells the kernel what's the max frequency when the screen is on. Here you can edit with one of the following values:
    After you edit it accordingly, save it and push the file to /system/etc/init.d:
    adb remount
    adb push 90governor /system/etc/init.d
    adb reboot
    Now you're good to go!
    The new version is UP!
    Make sure you read both post #1 and #2 before flashing.
    I still have one more thing to do. I hope to finish it today.
    @mouz.poly
    What do you mean?

I'm planning an upgrade for tomorrow.