Themes / Apps / Mods UPDATED (2.1) and More Freer than ever: Pixel Concentric Watchface Clone (plus some stuff)

Search This thread

dave.rein

Dec 9, 2014

Concentric Native (WearOS Watchface)​

My version of the Pixel Concentric and Digital watchfaces, plus an Analog-style one, and a heart rate complication for Samsung Watch4/Watch5 devices.

It can be installed from the Play Store here (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.programmersbox.forestwoodass.wearable.watchface)

Features​

• 3 watchfaces in one app, with one having 3 styles
  • Large(r) fonts
  • 2-3 Complications on the watchfaces
  • Always On Display friendly, and can adjust watchface, complications, and even the time
  • Full-on AOD for when you want it to show nicely (but probably uses more power)
  • Multiple colors palettes
  • Pixel-shifting to avoid burn-in during AOD
  • Control over colors and complication elements
  • Ability to show AOD in full colors
  • Only 15fps for a good battery experience, with a 1fps Low Power mode
  • Heart Rate Complication that uses the built-in Health Services (Samsung health) to provide the latest heart rate BPM. This can be re-used by any other watchface! Note: No data is collected! It is simply displayed.

Introduction​

This is my version of the Google Pixel Concentric Watchface. It started off being as closely mirroring it as possible, but then I realized I was too old to see the time with those font sizes... and lack of complications for several of the different faces it provided. So I made the fonts bigger and added complications. And made the fonts even bigger when in Always on Display (ambient) mode.

Then I added an Analog watchface (for those classy nights out), and a Digital version (for my son).

Always On Display​

The Watchface is optimized for AOD, allowing everything from parts of the watchface, the complications, and even the time to be optionally displayed. It can even be stripped down to just showing just the new notification indicator, enabling those of us with OCD to avoid constantly flipping our wrists to see if we missed a message. But there is also a "damn the battery, show me everthing!" mode, too!

Code​

The code is a direct dirivative work from the Kotlin watchface example of the androidx code samples: https://github.com/android/wear-os-samples/tree/main/WatchFaceKotlin

Screenshots​

Concentric Face 1:

Concentric Native Watchface

Concentric Face 2:

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Face 3:

Concentric Native Config

Digital Face:

Digital Native Config

Digital Native Config

Analog Face:

Analog Native Config

Analog Native Config

Battery-Friendly Always On Display screens (with options to show or hide complications):

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Full-on Always On Display screens with Ambient As Active options:

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Configuration screen:

Concentric Native

Install from the Play Store here

Attachments

• config.png
    config.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,515
  • screenshot_full.png
    screenshot_full.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,582
  • screenshot_half.png
    screenshot_half.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,575
  • screenshot_halfzoom.png
    screenshot_halfzoom.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,547
Last edited:

JBY

Apr 20, 2014
It says my device is not compatible. I have watch 5. Would it be possible to share apk file?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221130_093232_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20221130_093232_Google Play Store.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 92

dave.rein

Dec 9, 2014
It says my device is not compatible. I have watch 5. Would it be possible to share apk file?
Very weird. I have a Watch 5 (wiht latest updates from October) that I did all of my development on). I'd like to try to resolve this Play store issue.

What software version are you on, and in what country/region are you?

Reactions: Barmenchik

dave.rein

Dec 9, 2014
Hi,
Do you all know that we can install the official concentric watchfaces from google on our galaxy watchs 5?
Yup! But I found the fonts too small... and AOD didn't update (at least one I tried it). and I think some of the complications dont work? But mainly... the fonts were too small for old me, and I also wanted an AOD mode that just showed the new notification dot and nothing else :)

You should post a link to the one you mentioned for those who would like it instead. No worries!

JBY

Apr 20, 2014
Very weird. I have a Watch 5 (wiht latest updates from October) that I did all of my development on). I'd like to try to resolve this Play store issue.

It's available now. Thank you for sharing .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Howdy! I've posted an update which includes a few more watchfaces and a custom heartrate complication that uses Samsung health so that a 3rd party HR complication app is no longer required.

Sample of the new watchfaces (see first post for more):
    analog-animate-small.gif

and

digital-animate-small.gif
    Works great thank you!

I've had to "buy" it from my watch 5 pro as my phone thinks it's not compatible.

Anyway does AOD pixel shift work for watch 4/5 ? I was under the impression Samsung removed that function system wide but is it tied to individual watch faces now? Sorry my last watch was the gear S3 so I'm ignorant of recent developments.
    What is this Pixel-shifting to avoid burn-in during AOD option

How much % i need to set to avoid any issues ?
    It simply moves the things around on the screen, while in Always On Display, once a minute, to avoid pixel burn-in in like the old video arcade games (I think I just aged myself :) ).

How much? No idea. I read a few articles that some of the older/less expensive WearOS devices may have this image. According to Samsung and Google, I dont think the watch4/5 and pixel watch have an issue with burn-in... but I added it anyway to be safe and it was fun to add. FWIW, I've currently set my own to "0" (all the way to the left).

Concentric Native (WearOS Watchface)​

My version of the Pixel Concentric and Digital watchfaces, plus an Analog-style one, and a heart rate complication for Samsung Watch4/Watch5 devices.

It can be installed from the Play Store here (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.programmersbox.forestwoodass.wearable.watchface)

Features​

• 3 watchfaces in one app, with one having 3 styles
    • Large(r) fonts
    • 2-3 Complications on the watchfaces
    • Always On Display friendly, and can adjust watchface, complications, and even the time
    • Full-on AOD for when you want it to show nicely (but probably uses more power)
    • Multiple colors palettes
    • Pixel-shifting to avoid burn-in during AOD
    • Control over colors and complication elements
    • Ability to show AOD in full colors
    • Only 15fps for a good battery experience, with a 1fps Low Power mode
    • Heart Rate Complication that uses the built-in Health Services (Samsung health) to provide the latest heart rate BPM. This can be re-used by any other watchface! Note: No data is collected! It is simply displayed.

Introduction​

This is my version of the Google Pixel Concentric Watchface. It started off being as closely mirroring it as possible, but then I realized I was too old to see the time with those font sizes... and lack of complications for several of the different faces it provided. So I made the fonts bigger and added complications. And made the fonts even bigger when in Always on Display (ambient) mode.

Then I added an Analog watchface (for those classy nights out), and a Digital version (for my son).

Always On Display​

The Watchface is optimized for AOD, allowing everything from parts of the watchface, the complications, and even the time to be optionally displayed. It can even be stripped down to just showing just the new notification indicator, enabling those of us with OCD to avoid constantly flipping our wrists to see if we missed a message. But there is also a "damn the battery, show me everthing!" mode, too!

Code​

The code is a direct dirivative work from the Kotlin watchface example of the androidx code samples: https://github.com/android/wear-os-samples/tree/main/WatchFaceKotlin

Screenshots​

Concentric Face 1:

Concentric Native Watchface

Concentric Face 2:

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Face 3:

Concentric Native Config

Digital Face:

Digital Native Config

Digital Native Config

Analog Face:

Analog Native Config

Analog Native Config

Battery-Friendly Always On Display screens (with options to show or hide complications):

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Full-on Always On Display screens with Ambient As Active options:

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Concentric Native Config

Configuration screen:

Concentric Native

Install from the Play Store here
    Howdy! I've posted an update which includes a few more watchfaces and a custom heartrate complication that uses Samsung health so that a 3rd party HR complication app is no longer required.

Sample of the new watchfaces (see first post for more):
    analog-animate-small.gif

and

digital-animate-small.gif

Same issue here. I'm from Spain. App not compatible with any of your devices 😔
    What is this Pixel-shifting to avoid burn-in during AOD option

How much % i need to set to avoid any issues ?
    It simply moves the things around on the screen, while in Always On Display, once a minute, to avoid pixel burn-in in like the old video arcade games (I think I just aged myself :) ).

How much? No idea. I read a few articles that some of the older/less expensive WearOS devices may have this image. According to Samsung and Google, I dont think the watch4/5 and pixel watch have an issue with burn-in... but I added it anyway to be safe and it was fun to add. FWIW, I've currently set my own to "0" (all the way to the left).