Jul 28, 2010
Tom XAP Installer has stopped working

When I click install i get message "Tom XAP Installer has stopped working"
What is a problem?
Thanx...

tonetu

Apr 2, 2008
Hi ..

I tried to install the native keyboard using Tom-XAP ..

First thing .. i get the warning to make sure the device unlocked ..

Then it says Install Finished ..

But i can't see anything! the Tom-XAP status show "installing" and it take long time like two hours and its still the same status "installing" .. and still can't see the keyboard in the device ..

Am using HTC HD7 official unlocked with OS 7.0.7390.0

Any clue?

Regards

thealanshow

Feb 9, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Is there anyway to do the opposite of this app? That is to say, is there any way you can pull a XAP from your phone and download it to the computer? If it can be done this would be greatly appreciated...

thealanshow

Feb 9, 2011
Tucson, AZ
ever tried to repack an installed program on xp,vista,win7 ... ?
so you know the answer !

:rolleyes:

It does work with some software... Try and take the installation folder for uTorrent and run it on another machine, it will run seamlessly. Software is not always hard to repack... Plus, on the YouTube there appears to be a guy who has done this, is it true? I'm not sure...

nic85

Feb 5, 2009
Italy
i have windows xp and i can't install

Windows Phone 7 SDK windows xp

needed to run this xap installer...any suggestions? :(:(:(

jordanmills

Sep 10, 2006
Pearland, TX
www.jordanmills.com
I'm getting the same problem as some of the other guys here. Computer is Windows 7 Enterprise x64. Phone is an un-updated LG Quantum (at least I don't have the nodo or whatever the new rollout is). I've run the chevron unlocker and locked/unlocked the phone several times. A few packages install with Tom's XAP Installer 1.2, but I think they're things I've already installed. Stuff that I've recently downloaded won't install - it gives me that "Error connection/-Please Make sure your phone was unlocked!" etc. Of course I have the SDK installed and I'm running unlocker and xap installer as a local admin. Any ideas?

lay_forat

May 20, 2010
I'm getting the same problem as some of the other guys here. Computer is Windows 7 Enterprise x64. Phone is an un-updated LG Quantum (at least I don't have the nodo or whatever the new rollout is). I've run the chevron unlocker and locked/unlocked the phone several times. A few packages install with Tom's XAP Installer 1.2, but I think they're things I've already installed. Stuff that I've recently downloaded won't install - it gives me that "Error connection/-Please Make sure your phone was unlocked!" etc. Of course I have the SDK installed and I'm running unlocker and xap installer as a local admin. Any ideas?

same problem here :confused:

SD5150

Jun 2, 2006
Bay Area
I swear I used this on my XP machine at work, but now it says I need Windows 7 SDK, which requires Windows 7 or Vista. Am I crazy, or just confused? Can I sideload apps on XP, and if so, how?

XmlNode

May 10, 2010
For XP problem:

Just follow these steps:

1. Download the Windows Phone Developer Tools CTP Refresh
  2. Extract the contents of the setup package by running vm_web.exe /x and choosing a path to extract to
  3. Go to the folder you extracted to in step 2 and open the file baseline.dat in notepad
  4. Look for the section named [gencomp7788]
  5. Change the value InstallOnLHS from 1 to 0
  6. Change the value InstallOnWinXP from 1 to 0
  7. Save and close baseline.dat
  8. Run setup.exe /web from the folder you extracted to in step 2
For those relocked phones:

Follow these steps Might be worth trying

smoke2

Apr 6, 2011
Hi, I have a big problem.
I have the latest update of the system .7392 and when I try to install applications through XAP Installer (which was installed as administrator), especially games, they wont to be installed, it shows me connection error:
make sure that your Zune is running and your phone is unlocked.

I can install some applications but the others are impossible.

I have unlocked phone, Zune is running, phone is not in sleep mode.

I tried to reinstall Windows Phone Developer Tools as administrator, but nothing helped me.

Im using Windows 7 32-bit and my phone is HTC 7 Trophy.

Any help for me, please? :(

Last edited:

jardan

Apr 14, 2006
Hi, I have a big problem.
I have the latest update of the system .7392 and when I try to install applications through XAP Installer (which was installed as administrator), especially games, they wont to be installed, it shows me connection error:
make sure that your Zune is running and your phone is unlocked.

I can install some applications but the others are impossible.

I have unlocked phone, Zune is running, phone is not in sleep mode.

I tried to reinstall Windows Phone Developer Tools as administrator, but nothing helped me.

Im using Windows 7 32-bit and my phone is HTC 7 Trophy.

Any help for me, please? :(

I have the same problem. tried 2 different unlicked NoDo roms for HD2 (boyppc and blackslideseven)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all !

For all devices unlocked with ChevronWP7 Unlocker , we're can easy install custom ringtones or applications .XAP format via Application Deployment , but everytimes need open start menu --> Application Deployment then browser .xap to tool for install take too much times and almost make some in us crazy :)

That why i decided to write Tom XAP installer , basicly Tom XAP installer and Application Deployment are the same ( Alow install custom .xap to device and emulator windows phone 7 ) But Tom XAP installer a lot convenience , it's alow you install .xap with double click to file or simple just right click --> install xap

How to :

Download exe and put it somewhere in PC, run it , it will automatic add registry path of application and add menu , icon to .XAP files

Capture.PNG

Then just close it and now double click to custom ringtones , or any .xap format files , the Tom XAP installer will automatic open and give you some details ( App name , Version , Author , Size , Description of XAP ) then select where you will install xap ( device or emulator )

Capture1.PNG

Press Install and wait it finish.

Notices :

1. Tom XAP installer Requires .NET 4.0 Framework and Windows Phone 7 SDK

2. If you install xap to device
    - Please make sure your device was unlocked with ChevronWP7 Unlocker ( Here is guide how to unlock )
    - Make sure your device was connected with PC and Zune lauched
    - Make sure your device not in sleep mode

3. If you move Tom XAP installer.exe to other location in PC , you should run it again one time for registry again location of application

4. If you don't like this software , just run Tom XAP installer.exe and uncheck " Enable Tom XAP installer" it will uninstall all registry of Tom XAP installer in your PC

-Updated v1.2 2/7/2011 :

-Update support multiple xaps install
    -Make right admin access

Video :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rORHjgsXmjc&hd=1

-Updated v1.1 1/9/2011 :

Fixed problems when install Games , now icons should works correctly !

For fix limit 10 .xap install to device , use new ChervonWP7 without limit xap install :
    http://www.mediafire.com/?os9hxw12bydl8nq

Cheers !

Tom
    It's only a matter of time before we figure out a registry setting or a tweak that will allow more.
    @ all : update version 1.1 of XAP installer , now it should works correctly with all xap and show icons of xbox live games :)

Cheers !

Tom
    Great Tom!
    nice to see you around:)
    Oh. I just read that you're using HD2 ROMS? on an LG Quantum?

Sent from my Focus using XDA Windows Phone 7 App