[Updated 2/7/2011]Tom XAP Installer v1.2 with multiple xaps install support

Search This thread

ikovac

Apr 29, 2006
The strange thing is that I managed to install a couple of XAPs getting the same error message! I cannot tell you how - I was just clicking Install all the time and closing Zune and starting it again and somehow I managed to install like 3-4 XAPs. I even unpluged USB a couple of times. Suddenly it installed one XAP and then it started showing errors again. So it works but I don't know what to do in order to install a XAP from a first attempt.

I am running HD2O WP7 v1.22 on HD2.

Last edited:

Sierra76

Nov 11, 2011
Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I just got ChevronWP7 unlocked Mango phone, running Zune and have Tom Xap installer v1.2 and it keeps telling me that there are communication problems with my phone.

I had zero problems using v1.1 on NoDo, what went wrong?

Basicaly the same error message like the guys from previous page.

Edit: I think we need to Interop-unlock the device too.

Edit2: I managed to install some applications too, but dont ask me how, its more or less like @ikovac did. I repeated it, unplugged, closed Zune, opened Zune, and bam! I see 2 new aps, but ..... cmon, wtf? :)

Last edited:

Mihkel.ee

Jul 19, 2010
it would be really awesome if the first post in this thread would state that one needs:
1 .NET 4.0 Framework
2 Windows Phone 7 SDK"

And it basically also means you should use Windows 7

I'm running xp and got errors, it took some hours before I realized I should use W7 + SDK + .NET4

jumpistef

Dec 28, 2010
same error message :
-Please make sure your phone was unlocked
-Please make sure you connected device to PC and Zune lauched
Try again?

and also, when I launch tomxapinstaller, I have another error message regarding the access to registry

Mihkel.ee

Jul 19, 2010
I have a HD2 with Back to the Future [XBmod-Yuki] [7740]
Do I still need to unlock this with ChevronWP7 in order for Tom XAP to work?

Because I get errors and am not able to install anything, although I think I have done everything right, except unlock with ChevronWP7:cool:

Last edited:

Ambious

May 11, 2008
Haifa
Is there currently no way to sideload without installing the SDK? It's bloated like hell and I hate it.

lucid

Dec 8, 2005
Amsterdam
www.reperion.com
Well.. I just installed the PDAimatejam ROM, so I guess it should be unlocked,
also have WP7 support tools installed, zune connected but same as above, no XAP can be installed.

I'd really like some help as I cant install nokia drive now :)

OK< it was that easy.... RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Last edited:

EgoMaximus

Mar 14, 2010
Is there any way just to increase the download limit via network? I'd rather just get all from marketplace but don't want to hook it up to pc to download.

itsraining2008

Oct 24, 2009
Muse
After installed WP SDK 7.1, anyone got problem with multixap installer? When i try sideload app from multixap installer, I got some error and the XAP file is disappear.
When I try double click on XAP file and install with tom XAP installer 1.2 is work fine.
May be problem occur when try to signing.

Last edited:

idoprz

Apr 20, 2011
installing on emulator

Hi,

I'm trying to run the emulator without visual studio.
http://forums.silverlight.net/t/173359.aspx/1

It works great. But, now I want to deploy my app to this emulator.
When I choose to deploy to the emulator a new instance of the emulator opens, and a complete OS reboot is preformd.

Is there some way to choose to which emulator instance to deploy to?

hypergamer1231

Jan 23, 2011
Mumbai
www.youtube.com
The app author needs to specify x86 platform target (in the project options->build) and rebuild the solution. x64 .NET doesn't have a Microsoft.SmartDevice.Connectivity assembly (it's exactly what your error message says).

This is bang on tat clearly explains why most of us who have a WP7 x64 are getting the same error can anyone confirm this i am getting the same smart device error

neelgangrade

May 8, 2011
cant install more than 3 apps

Hye guys , i have developer unlocked device thats nokia lumia 800 !
but dere is a limit of 3 apps deployment , not more than that ! if the limit reaches , i had to remove the previous one !
its really irrritating ..any way can i get UNLIMITED xap file deployment on ma phone ! please help ! :(:(

Ttblondey

Jan 1, 2008
Hye guys , i have developer unlocked device thats nokia lumia 800 !
but dere is a limit of 3 apps deployment , not more than that ! if the limit reaches , i had to remove the previous one !
its really irrritating ..any way can i get UNLIMITED xap file deployment on ma phone ! please help ! :(:(

You need to unlock your device and install custom rom.

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Well, a paid AppHub account would get you a 10-app limit. Only the student account is limited to 3.

To get "unlimited" sideloading, you need to be able to edit the registry on the phone. This is also referred to as "interop-unlock" and will allow running higher-privilege apps too. Some Lumia 800 phones have a USB Mass Storage mode in their bootloaders that allows you to replace the registry files while the OS isn't running. Go read the Lumia 800 section of the XDA-Devs forum to find out more.

BigJeff

Jun 4, 2011
Stanwood
Will this allow me to install XAP's to my phone on an old laptop that doesn't meet the ZUNE system requirements? Like can this deploy with the SDK but no zune software? Thank! P.S. it's running XP not 7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all !

For all devices unlocked with ChevronWP7 Unlocker , we're can easy install custom ringtones or applications .XAP format via Application Deployment , but everytimes need open start menu --> Application Deployment then browser .xap to tool for install take too much times and almost make some in us crazy :)

That why i decided to write Tom XAP installer , basicly Tom XAP installer and Application Deployment are the same ( Alow install custom .xap to device and emulator windows phone 7 ) But Tom XAP installer a lot convenience , it's alow you install .xap with double click to file or simple just right click --> install xap

How to :

Download exe and put it somewhere in PC, run it , it will automatic add registry path of application and add menu , icon to .XAP files

Capture.PNG

Then just close it and now double click to custom ringtones , or any .xap format files , the Tom XAP installer will automatic open and give you some details ( App name , Version , Author , Size , Description of XAP ) then select where you will install xap ( device or emulator )

Capture1.PNG

Press Install and wait it finish.

Notices :

1. Tom XAP installer Requires .NET 4.0 Framework and Windows Phone 7 SDK

2. If you install xap to device
    - Please make sure your device was unlocked with ChevronWP7 Unlocker ( Here is guide how to unlock )
    - Make sure your device was connected with PC and Zune lauched
    - Make sure your device not in sleep mode

3. If you move Tom XAP installer.exe to other location in PC , you should run it again one time for registry again location of application

4. If you don't like this software , just run Tom XAP installer.exe and uncheck " Enable Tom XAP installer" it will uninstall all registry of Tom XAP installer in your PC

-Updated v1.2 2/7/2011 :

-Update support multiple xaps install
    -Make right admin access

Video :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rORHjgsXmjc&hd=1

-Updated v1.1 1/9/2011 :

Fixed problems when install Games , now icons should works correctly !

For fix limit 10 .xap install to device , use new ChervonWP7 without limit xap install :
    http://www.mediafire.com/?os9hxw12bydl8nq

Cheers !

Tom
    It's only a matter of time before we figure out a registry setting or a tweak that will allow more.
    @ all : update version 1.1 of XAP installer , now it should works correctly with all xap and show icons of xbox live games :)

Cheers !

Tom
    Great Tom!
    nice to see you around:)
    Oh. I just read that you're using HD2 ROMS? on an LG Quantum?

Sent from my Focus using XDA Windows Phone 7 App