How To Guide (Updated 3/18/24) How to enable N77 C-Band | 5G UW icon (OOS 13 only) | OnePlus 9/9 Pro 5G (LE2115/LE2125) | Oxygen OS 11-14 | Verizon

Search This thread

EtherealRemnant

Yea, sorta the same thing at my house, it gets a weak N77 signal, around ~80-120 Mbps down, randomly it jumps to LTE, or 4G because of this ColorOS BS.
I hate that even turning off Smart 5G, ColorOS chooses to use LTE over 5G. Like it will show me the 5G icon even but when I check NSG, it's using LTE. Then it will switch to NSA just long enough to shuffle around the NSG screens but switch back to LTE before I can swipe to the band screen. 🤦‍♂️

caseyr7

Oct 12, 2008
Thank you so much for this! Interestingly enough on F.20 and Verizon N77 shows the 5GUW logo for me Screenshot_2023-02-08-13-46-28-55_557a5782fe883f466f8039d40f6b3dfd.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-08-13-46-28-55_557a5782fe883f466f8039d40f6b3dfd.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-08-13-46-28-55_557a5782fe883f466f8039d40f6b3dfd.jpg
    700.8 KB · Views: 117

rmendez011

I hate that even turning off Smart 5G, ColorOS chooses to use LTE over 5G. Like it will show me the 5G icon even but when I check NSG, it's using LTE. Then it will switch to NSA just long enough to shuffle around the NSG screens but switch back to LTE before I can swipe to the band screen. 🤦‍♂️
I've had that happen to me, in areas with poor 5G NSA, it's happening to me here at my house, sometimes it's on N77, sometimes it's on N5, most of the time it's on B66 LTE haha.

Reactions: EtherealRemnant

rmendez011

Thank you so much for this! Interestingly enough on F.20 and Verizon N77 shows the 5GUW logo for me Screenshot_2023-02-08-13-46-28-55_557a5782fe883f466f8039d40f6b3dfd.jpg
WHAT?!? There's no way, you sure you aren't pulling my leg with a OnePlus 10 Pro/10T?
Would you mind sharing a screen recording of your "About Device" page? lmao

• Haha

rmendez011

Good ****! This mod would be 100x better if it didn't require root on OOS 12/13, but that's Oppo for you (1000x if it actually added a 5G UW icon, looking at you @caseyr7 👀).

Did you notice up until the F.16 update, OOS 12-13 F.11 did not show "Orange State" aka bootloader unlocked when booting up the phone? This is because you cannot bootloader unlock Oppo phones, while you can OnePlus phones, so when OnePlus copied Oppos homework with Colo- I mean Oxygen OS 12, they forgot to add a bootloader unlocked message.

Last edited:

Appreciative

Mar 6, 2015
Good ****! This mod would be 100x better if it didn't require root on OOS 12/13, but that's Oppo for you (1000x if it actually added a 5G UW icon, looking at you @caseyr7 👀).

Did you notice up until the F.16 update, OOS 12-13 F.11 did not show "Orange State" aka bootloader unlocked when booting up the phone? This is because you cannot bootloader unlock Oppo phones, while you can OnePlus phones, so when OnePlus copied Oppos homework with Colo- I mean Oxygen OS 12, they forgot to add a bootloader unlocked message.
You can also flash an older abl to remove the orange text as outlined in a thread a few posts down. Really good developments going on here guys. Happy to see it

caseyr7

Oct 12, 2008
WHAT?!? There's no way, you sure you aren't pulling my leg with a OnePlus 10 Pro/10T?
Would you mind sharing a screen recording of your "About Device" page? lmao
I promise. Here's a screen capture from about device -> Cellular Pro. Disregard the random ad. Interestingly enough there was a brief point where it bounced from n78->n77 towards the end.

Reactions: rmendez011

JWhetstone02

Mar 6, 2011
South Carolina
I am still on the OG unlimited data plan with unlimited 4g hotspot. Speaking many times with Verizon tech and network engineers, the plan I am grandfathered into they assured me I will not get 5G at all, and if for some reason I did, I would get the very low frequency ones. Which has held true for the most part for the past few years.

I stay way out in the sticks, so I do not see bands 77 or 78, heck barely see 4g sometimes but I can ride 4 minutes up the road and be full service 4g (thanks trees). According to their maps, I am a good 2.5 hours away from the closest City with 77 and 78 to test. Those 4 minutes up the road, I have never seen 5g, just full service 4g.

Going through the carrier_policy.xml as well as the generic_band_restrictions.xml I have found the perfect combo for my phone. At first I did not think the generic band restriction file would yield anything on my end, but it does make a difference for me in terms of 4g and 5g. Why, I do not know. For my carrier policy, I made your change along with the following changes:

Added 5G to each of the the include and rat_capability tags (Ii did it for each section to make it uniformed even though I just needed Verizon section)
Code:
<include> G W T L C H 5G </include>
 <!-- Modify ue_mode capability for Verizon CDMAless -->
 <rat_capability base="none"> <include> L 5G </include></rat_capability>

I also added the nr5g sa and nsa bands base hardware as well for each section (again only needed Verizon, but kept it uniformed throughout)

Code:
 <!--7 america_verizon_bands-->
      <rf_band_list name="america_verizon_bands">
        <gw_bands base="hardware" />
        <lte_bands base="none">
          <include> 1 3 4 12 45 47 65 </include> <!-- the 6 LTE Band: 2/4/5/13/46/48/66 -->
        </lte_bands>
        <tds_bands base="none" />
		<nr5g_sa_bands base="hardware" />
		<nr5g_nsa_bands base="hardware" />
      </rf_band_list>

Without modifying the generic band restriction file, I do not get 5g. I wouldnt think that it would matter, but it does as I can revert that file and not see 5g at all.

I just changed the two lines to omit 76 and 77
Code:
<exclude> 39 47 </exclude>

Again, not sure why it is needed, but it is for me on A11.

Now that same 4 minutes up the road, I will get 5g and I can assure you that the speeds I get I have NEVER seen with 4g, anywhere. I can consistently pull 400-500Mbps wherever I hit 5g at now.

Now with A13 (made the jump from A11 3 times just to see if I did anything wrong the previous times), I have tried this same thing and the carrier policy has all this extra info that I added in for A11 minus removing the 76 and 77 you do... but it just does not do the same for me. Looking closely, the generic band restriction xml always gets reverted on A13 for me. None of the changes stick. Without those changes that is holding me back on A13. I can revert those on A11 and can steadily reproduce the issue with 4g only. Modify the generic band restrictions and bam, 5g like new lol

That has been my experience with it so far. I love it being able to get those speeds when available and have been staying with A11.

Here is my little 5g speeds in the country along with a screenshot of being connected to 5g but not get any service (before this mod and like the Verizon engineers told me would happen)

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 55

rmendez011

Mmmm I do love me some pixels LOL Interesting, I got N77 on my moms iPhone 12, but no 5G UW icon, a quick Google search shows that I have to get a new SIM card for N77 to show a 5G UW icon, my SIM card says 5G on it, but I got it before N77 was launched this might be it.

I also edited the carrier policy.xml from some previous guides. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Maybe? What did you modify?

rmendez011

I am still on the OG unlimited data plan with unlimited 4g hotspot. Speaking many times with Verizon tech and network engineers, the plan I am grandfathered into they assured me I will not get 5G at all, and if for some reason I did, I would get the very low frequency ones. Which has held true for the most part for the past few years.

I stay way out in the sticks, so I do not see bands 77 or 78, heck barely see 4g sometimes but I can ride 4 minutes up the road and be full service 4g (thanks trees). According to their maps, I am a good 2.5 hours away from the closest City with 77 and 78 to test. Those 4 minutes up the road, I have never seen 5g, just full service 4g.

Going through the carrier_policy.xml as well as the generic_band_restrictions.xml I have found the perfect combo for my phone. At first I did not think the generic band restriction file would yield anything on my end, but it does make a difference for me in terms of 4g and 5g. Why, I do not know. For my carrier policy, I made your change along with the following changes:

Added 5G to each of the the include and rat_capability tags (Ii did it for each section to make it uniformed even though I just needed Verizon section)
Code:
<include> G W T L C H 5G </include>
 <!-- Modify ue_mode capability for Verizon CDMAless -->
 <rat_capability base="none"> <include> L 5G </include></rat_capability>

I also added the nr5g sa and nsa bands base hardware as well for each section (again only needed Verizon, but kept it uniformed throughout)

Code:
 <!--7 america_verizon_bands-->
      <rf_band_list name="america_verizon_bands">
        <gw_bands base="hardware" />
        <lte_bands base="none">
          <include> 1 3 4 12 45 47 65 </include> <!-- the 6 LTE Band: 2/4/5/13/46/48/66 -->
        </lte_bands>
        <tds_bands base="none" />
      </rf_band_list>

Without modifying the generic band restriction file, I do not get 5g. I wouldnt think that it would matter, but it does as I can revert that file and not see 5g at all.

I just changed the two lines to omit 76 and 77
Code:
<exclude> 39 47 </exclude>

Again, not sure why it is needed, but it is for me on A11.

Now that same 4 minutes up the road, I will get 5g and I can assure you that the speeds I get I have NEVER seen with 4g, anywhere. I can consistently pull 400-500Mbps wherever I hit 5g at now.

Now with A13 (made the jump from A11 3 times just to see if I did anything wrong the previous times), I have tried this same thing and the carrier policy has all this extra info that I added in for A11 minus removing the 76 and 77 you do... but it just does not do the same for me. Looking closely, the generic band restriction xml always gets reverted on A13 for me. None of the changes stick. Without those changes that is holding me back on A13. I can revert those on A11 and can steadily reproduce the issue with 4g only. Modify the generic band restrictions and bam, 5g like new lol
OOS 12 and newer do not allow you to modify the generic_band_restriction.xml, for some reason, after every reboot, it reverts, and after a few hours without a reboot, it reverts it. Which is why this guide completely omits it. Meaning, if you follow this guide, the phone will ignore the generic_band_restriction.xml file, and every 5G/LTE band will be enabled, you'd only have to modify the carrier_policy.xml as you did on OOS 11.
That has been my experience with it so far. I love it being able to get those speeds when available and have been staying with A11.

Here is my little 5g speeds in the country along with a screenshot of being connected to 5g but not get any service (before this mod and like the Verizon engineers told me would happen)
That's great! Glad to hear it, Verizon themselves lie a lot, I've got 5 lines, my line with a 9 Pro is on 5G Play More, a Pixel 7 on 5G Start, 2 iPhone 12's each on 5G Start, and a OnePlus 6T on 5G Start, all 4 5G start lines can connect to N77 5G in Downtown L.A. but not here in Bakersfield, 5G Start technically does not have 5G UW, but I can connect to it, I can only assume why it happens, I think there is more than enough bandwidth available that it let's them connect to it, I don't know.

JWhetstone02

Mar 6, 2011
South Carolina
So I have had the OnePlus 11 (CPH2451) for a few days now and I have finally got this to work with A13 following the A13 guide. I definitely had to add these to the rf_band_list tag in my carrier_policy.xml file for it to work.

Code:

Surprisingly, I did not have to change the generic_band_restrictions.xml file.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-20-13-12-34-15_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-20-13-12-34-15_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 24

rmendez011

So I have had the OnePlus 11 (CPH2451) for a few days now and I have finally got this to work with A13 following the A13 guide. I definitely had to add these to the rf_band_list tag in my carrier_policy.xml file for it to work.

Code:

Surprisingly, I did not have to change the generic_band_restrictions.xml file.
The OnePlus 11 officially supports N77 5G UW on Verizon though? Or has OnePlus not enabled it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

How to enable N77/N78 5G on the LE2115/LE2125 OnePlus 9/9 Pro running Oxygen OS 11-14​

Before we start, keep in mind the following:
    Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about this modification before applying it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Keep in mind:
    This can dramatically affect your battery life whenever on 5G data, as this an unofficial mod, the phone will be constantly connected to 5G UW (without the 5G UW logo of course) in N77 areas, I have no idea how to solve this (other than turning off 5G until you want SPEEEEEED). Smart 5G does not seem to have an effect on this.

Update 3/18/24:
    I have gone ahead and updated to Oxygen OS 14, and can confirm N77 is still disabled, but my mod still enables it, I am extremely disappointed with this release, it was extremely late, and is extremely buggy, not to mention, OnePlus removed the 5G UW icon for N77.

Update 5/8/23:
    Thanks to @itsnebulalol, they have been able to enable N77 on custom ROMs on OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro, for anyone with a OnePlus 9/9 Pro running a custom ROM, you can follow their guide here, on Github.

Update 2/21/23:
    On Oxygen OS 13 F.20/F.21 (maybe older) if you get a new SIM card from Verizon (cannot confirm about other carriers) post N77 launch, you will get a 5G UW icon in your status bar, thanks to @caseyr7 for pointing this out. (Sorry about the slow SpeedTest).
    screenshot_2023-02-21-14-30-25-12_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a-jpg.5843571

You will need these two items:

QPST, download it from here.
    ADB (Obviously).

Since OnePlus officially enabled N78 in Oxygen OS 12, this is how we will be able to enable and connect to N77 on Oxygen OS 13. I myself cannot personally test if this works on Oxygen OS 12, I can only assume it does.

Great news! I have successfully enabled N77 on OnePlus 9 & 9 Pro running Oxygen OS 13 on the Verizon network! This would not have been possible without the help of @Rootk1t for showing me how to get Rndis,diag switch working, @sakun-ice, @jimmy123322, and @21prods for providing the necessary drivers needed.

Disclaimer:
    Unfortunately, root is needed, so if you do not have root, do not continue reading.

If you do have root, without further ado, let's begin.

• Download the files provided below:
    • Once downloaded, open the ZIP file, head to Qualcomm Drivers, copy the "Mi5_Qualcomm_Drivers" to your desktop.

• Once on your desktop, plug in your phone to your PC, make sure USB debugging is enabled.

• Open a Terminal window and type the following code one line at a time:
    adb shell
    su
    setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb

Note:
    If you have never done "adb shell" "su" before, you will get a Superuser request on your phone, press "Grant".
    Screenshot_2022-07-19-01-14-48-73_785cfb1f0fb0c9a2030c9b38a1c3479a.jpg
    Once you have pressed Grant then do:​

Note2:
    If you get "error: device '(null)' not found" or you do not see your device when doing "adb devices" under "List of devices attached" in Terminal
    NVIDIA_Share_b58JrnICYe.jpg
    NVIDIA_Share_7sD2cTxK6c.jpg
    You have to switch from "File Transfer / Android Auto" to "Photo Transfer" under the popup when you plug in your phone to your PC .
    Switch Use USB For to Photo Transfer.jpg
    This is what I have to do on my personal PC, but not on other PCs for some reason, it might be the same for you.
    • After doing the previous command you will hear a USB disconnect and reconnect sound, do not panic, this is intended.

• Open device manager.
    1658219286386.png
    Under "Other devices" you will see quite a few devices with no driver, we're only going to focus on 3 of them.​
    • Double click on the first "SM8350-MTP _SN:E1B16ED0" device you see, once the properties window appears, press "Update driver...".
    1658219359722.png
    • When the "How do you want to search for drivers?" window appears, press "Browse my computer for drivers".
    1658219489438.png
    • When the "Browse for drivers on your computer" tab appears, press "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on your computer".
    1658219558722.png
    • When the "Select your device's type from the list below:" tab appears, press the top most "Show all devices" option and press next.
    1658219674517.png
    • When the "Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware" press "Have Disk...".
    1658219765684.png
    • When the "install from disk" window appears, press browse.
    1658219834943.png
    • When the locate file window appears, navigate to the "Mi5_Qualcomm_Drivers" folder you extracted to your desktop earlier and open the "qcmdm.inf" file.
    1658219924679.png
    • When you return to the previous "Install from disk" window press Ok. Once that window closes, you should be at the previous "Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware" window, on the left side, make sure to select "Qualcomm Incorporated", on the right, scroll down until you find "Qualcomm HS-USB Android DIAG 9018" click it, and press next.
    1658220200551.png
    • You might get a "Update driver warning" stating that updating this driver is not recommended because Windows cannot verify compatibility, press yes.

• Once Windows successfully updates your driver, press close, keep in mind windows might restart after you do so. You will have to do the command again.
    "setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb".​
    • Now do the same to the other 2 "SM8350-MTP _SN:E1B16ED0", for me, QPST only worked with the second one, it could different for you.

• Once you have done the steps above, open QPST config.
    NVIDIA_Share_3wYhw27bjU.jpg
    • Once QPST is open, at the top press "Start Clients" > and press "EFS Explorer", once you press EFS Explorer, a "Phone selection" window will appear, be sure to select the one that is called "LAHAINA" and has your ESN on it, AKA do not select one that says "Unknown" and "No ESN", press OK.
    NVIDIA_Share_OECOkT21k2.jpg
    • Once you press ok, it will take 20-30 seconds for the EFS Explorer window to appear, once it appears, on the left side press "policyman", and on the right drag and drop "policies.xml" to the desktop.
    1675835868694.png
    • Open "policies.xml", and remove the following 3 lines.
    1675835976652.jpeg
    1675836018595.jpeg
    • Once you have removed the 3 lines, and ONLY those 3 lines, once you have saved and closed the file, just drag it back into EFS Explorer, once that is completed, do a reboot.

• Wala! Your OnePlus 9 or 9 Pro should be able to connect to N77 as seen below.
    OOS 13 N77 5G Speedtest.jpg
    Network Signal Guru OOS 13 N77.png
    By doing this mod, it completely ignores the "generic_band_restrictions.xml" file, @ale_jenior this might even allow it to connect to LTE band 28. I however cannot test this.

Hopefully this tutorial helps all of those on Verizon and have a 5G UW plan.

Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about this modification before applying it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Make sure you're on Oxygen OS 11 (11.2.10.10 preferably, as this is what I tested this on):

• Download this APK and install it.
      • Alternatively, go to this website, follow the guide, and carry on.

• Once both the apk (unless you went the alternative route) and QPST are installed, open your phone dialer and dial *#801#.

• Press Engineering Mode, if it asks you, press "just once".
      • Ignore if you went the alternative route, it should open engineering mode once you dial *#801# right away.

• Once engineering mode is open, turn on the last switch called "Rndis,diag switch" keep it on that screen and plug your phone into your PC, then open the QPSTConfig program on your computer.
    • Only 1 device should show up, make sure it's selected.
      QPSTConfig_kIvg9mNXd6.jpg

• Press "Start Clients" in the menu bar and "EFS Explorer" in the sub menu.
    QPSTConfig_TFwK2DUhdp.jpg

• Again, only 1 device should show up, make sure it's selected, and press ok.
      EFSExplorer_PtLfwFTrOD.jpg
    • On the left side click "policyman", on the right side find "generic_band_restrictions.xml" drag and drop it onto your desktop.
    EFSExplorer_3AiZOXsDuF.jpg
    • Open it (duh lol)
    • Look for the 2 lines shown in red boxes below.
    EFSExplorer_f3EYw7Y5dr.jpg

• Change it exactly to how it is shown below (extra space after each 47)
    EFSExplorer_UlfrUNNZZw.jpg
    • Once you've edited and saved the file, drag and drop it back into your "policyman" folder (make sure to not change the file name or extension, always make a backup of your original file!), congrats! It should be enabled, make sure to reboot to make sure the effects apply.

Here is a speed test I ran on my 9 Pro, and next to it, is Network Signal Guru showing it connected to N77.​
    yahSU6e.jpg
    PP2CS3r.jpg

Something important to keep in note is that I have not tested this on Oxygen OS 12, if someone has enough courage to try on OOS 12 and finds a way to enable engineering mode, feel free to let others know in a reply.

I have only tested this on the North American LE2125 OnePlus 9 Pro 5G on Verizon, it should work on the North American LE2115 OnePlus 9 5G on Verizon, and maybe work on the T-Mobile LE2117/LE2127 OnePlus 9/9 Pro. Unsure if international variants have N77 and N78 disabled (I doubt they would work on Verizon anyways), only try if you're willing to risk it! Let me know in a reply if it works.

Now I don't know if you need Qualcomm Drivers, but if your phone doesn't appear in QPST, download them from here.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me!

I cannot confirm whether or not this works on any other OnePlus 9/ 9 Pro model, do this mod at your own risk.​

Notice:
    I did this on a U.S. OnePlus 9 Pro LE2125 running Oxygen OS 12.1 (LE2125_11_C.61)

I have not tested to see if N77 actually works after performing this mod, also, please keep in mind:

I will test to see if I get an N77 signal sometime today.

KEEP IN MIND THIS DOES NOT SURVIVE A REBOOT, OnePlus changed something going from OOS 11 to OOS 12, you will have to use QPST EFS Explorer every time you reboot to enable N77, I have no idea why.

It seems OnePlus has officially enabled N78 on the 9/9Pro, no idea why they didn't go ahead and enable N77 but oh well 🤷🏻‍♂️ (maybe Verizon is unlocking N78 soon, no idea).

Good news! I have figured out a way to get QPST working on Oxygen OS 12! This means I could also enable N77 on the 9 and 9 Pro running on the Verizon network! This would not have been possible without the help of @Rootk1t for showing me how to get Rndis,diag switch working, @sakun-ice, @jimmy123322, and @21prods for providing the necessary drivers needed.

Disclaimer:
    Unfortunately, root is needed, so if you do not have root, do not continue reading.

If you do have root, without further ado, let's begin.

• Download the files provided below:
    • Once downloaded, open the ZIP file, head to Qualcomm Drivers, copy the "Mi5_Qualcomm_Drivers" to your desktop.

• Once on your desktop, plug in your phone to your PC, make sure USB debugging is enabled.

• Open a Terminal window and type the following code one line at a time:
    adb shell
    su

Note:
    If you have never done "adb shell" "su" before, you will get a Superuser request on your phone, press "Grant".
    Screenshot_2022-07-19-01-14-48-73_785cfb1f0fb0c9a2030c9b38a1c3479a.jpg

• Once you have pressed Grant then do:

• After doing the previous command you will hear a USB disconnect and reconnect sound, do not panic, this is intended.

• Open device manager.
    1658219286386.png
    Under "Other devices" you will see quite a few devices with no driver, we're only going to focus on 1 of them.​
    • Double click on the first "SM8350-MTP _SN:E1B16ED0" device you see, once the properties window appears, press "Update driver...".
    1658219359722.png
    • When the "How do you want to search for drivers?" window appears, press "Browse my computer for drivers".
    1658219489438.png
    • When the "Browse for drivers on your computer" tab appears, press "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on your computer".
    1658219558722.png
    • When the "Select your device's type from the list below:" tab appears, press the top most "Show all devices" option and press next.
    1658219674517.png
    • When the "Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware" press "Have Disk...".
    1658219765684.png
    • When the "install from disk" window appears, press browse.
    1658219834943.png
    • When the locate file window appears, navigate to the "Mi5_Qualcomm_Drivers" folder you extracted to your desktop earlier and open the "qcmdm.inf" file.
    1658219924679.png
    • When you return to the previous "Install from disk" window press Ok. Once that window closes, you should be at the previous "Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware" window, on the left side, make sure to select "Qualcomm Incorporated", on the right, scroll down until you find "Qualcomm HS-USB Android DIAG 9018" click it, and press next.
    1658220200551.png
    • You might get a "Update driver warning" stating that updating this driver is not recommended because Windows cannot verify compatibilty, press yes.
    1658220294212.png
    • Once Windows successfully updated your driver, press close, keep in mind windows might restart after you do so. You will have to the
    "setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb" command again.​

• Once you have done the steps above, enabling N77 is somewhat similar to before, but I will repeat the steps again, start with opening QPST.
    1658220671508.png
    • Once QPST is open, at the top press "Start Clients" > and press "EFS Explorer"
    1658220750658.png
    • Once you press EFS Explorer, a Phone selection window will appear, select your phone and press OK.
    EFSExplorer_frvNzoDGcn.jpg
    • Once you press ok, it will take 20-30 seconds for the EFS Explorer window to appear, once it appears, on the left side press "policyman", and on the right drag and drop "generic_band_restrictions.xml" to the desktop.
    1658221153518.png
    1658221184711.png
    • Open "generic_band_restrictions.xml" and edit the follow line to remove "77".
    wordpad_GDKeTUfx67.jpg
    wordpad_2_GDKeTUfx67.jpg
    • Once you removed "77" as shown above, save the xml, then just drag and drop the "generic_band_restrictions.xml" file into EFS Explorer and N77 should be enabled!
    There is a way to enable all SA/NSA bands that your device is capable of! here’s the instructions
    I used I got QPST setup with EFS explorer working Then I went here: https://band.radio/nr-dc and downloaded the files and then I renamed the nr5g_nrdc_band_pref to nr_band_pref and then replaced the file on the phone in /nv/item_files/modem/mmode and make sure to not drag and drop delete the file on the phone and then right click copy item file from pc. Hope this helps you.

Credit to: NefariousnessHot7883 from Reddit for this!

So basically my OnePlus 8 is capable of the typical bands non-stand alone but because it's a x55 device it's neutered to only do n71 on standalone mode. After doing this file replacement my device is now capable of doing n71 and n41 in standalone mode.

I don't know how it's neutered or what but it's not allowed to do it but obviously the band is allowed and compiled on the phone per information available just like when you look up the OnePlus 9 device it shows that n77 is capable on that chipset.

But software wise it's tuned out for whatever reason, adding this file adds all bands to be enabled but it won't enable bands that your phone isn't allowed to do, so n77 should be automatically enabled by doing this please somebody test this out as I don't have a OnePlus 9 to do it on but it has been tested on multiple OnePlus 8's and a nord 200.

Doing this also survives a SIM swap and reboot, after you do this make sure you reboot your phone and let's see what happens!

As always I would personally save a copy of your NR perf file that's original before messing around just for safety up to you though.

Let me know what happens guys Good luck this should work for any device as well too!
    on op9p, 2125,,tmobile ,I went ahead and tried this everything seems ok,, I dont know what i should be looking for,, additional bands etc, but I will give it a go for a few days and report back
    Very interesting to say the least I would assume you are just connected to 77 I don't know why it would say 78? I do not think n78 is enabled anywhere for Verizon yet.

But are you on Android 13 and you're rooted I take it?, Is it the same instructions to enable n77 as it was before with Android 11?

Did you install anything or you just tried the code and you were able to get into those menus after being rooted?
    I actually "included" N78 in the "carrier_policy.xml" file as it was missing before, and it survives restarts, what doesn't survive restarts is the "generic_band_restrictions.xml" file, I remove the N77 exclusion from that but every restart/every ~12ish hours N77 reappears in the exclude section.

I am on OOS 13 (you can tell by the status bar icons), yes, I am rooted, this is not possible without root, and no this will take a new guide on how to enable it, it still requires QPST and most of the instructions, but it includes modifying new xml files in QPST.

I installed the Magisk Module you provided, and then the dialer code worked. Weird stuff haha.

However, how do you enable VoWIFI with the dialer command? I cannot find it.