[UPDATED 2/7] Schap's Operator settings, VoIP and Advanced configuration tools

Search This thread

Eyghon

Aug 29, 2008
Berlin/Munich/Goettingen
I'm not quite sure, if somewhere is an answer on my question and I have justed missed it, but is ACT still in developement or is it discontinued because the last release is from october last year?

milo_f

Sep 2, 2007
Auto Key Lock

I heard in another topic somewhere that this has an auto key lock function but I cant seem to find it. Does anyone know where this may be?

Thanks

psternklar

Jun 14, 2008
Hi, tried searching but could not find the answer (I know it's out there)...
I am using a Touch Pro and I am trying to map the right soft ke to open my progams tab or all programs. How do I do this? Thanks!

jaxon2

Aug 6, 2009
Charlottetown, PE
Can'd get the AC tool to work on my HTC Touch Diamond

I installed the AC tool 3.3 but when I ran the app I get an error message. I have been reading the form but have not found an answer to the error message. I have saw a few posts showing the same error message.

Warning: limited knowledge with this stuff but I have updated the compact framework and installed it. I did install the latest version of the AC tool.....I am running the stock ROM from Bell Canada. Can someone please help. Here is the error message:

Unexpected error in AdvancedConfig.exe.

The detailed error description:

AdvancedConfig.exe
Exception

at
Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr()
at
System.Windows.Forms.ImageList..ctor()

ronjr1973

Mar 22, 2008
I installed the AC tool 3.3 but when I ran the app I get an error message. I have been reading the form but have not found an answer to the error message. I have saw a few posts showing the same error message.

Warning: limited knowledge with this stuff but I have updated the compact framework and installed it. I did install the latest version of the AC tool.....I am running the stock ROM from Bell Canada. Can someone please help. Here is the error message:

Unexpected error in AdvancedConfig.exe.

The detailed error description:

AdvancedConfig.exe
Exception

at
Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr()
at
System.Windows.Forms.ImageList..ctor()

Try installing Netframe 3.5

sharkie405

Dec 22, 2008
Earth
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm not sure how alive or dead this thread is but I was wondering how well Advanced Config. 3.3 works with the new WM builds. I'm running Murda ROM 1.06 w/WM build 23060 on a Sprint Touch Pro. It seems to work most of the time, but not always. Case in point is changing the keyboard backlight timer from 10 seconds to 10 minutes. It looks like it works, but it effects no change at all. Any thoughts?

Montecristo

Mar 3, 2006
www.actors-studio.org
I can edit registry for delete scroll bar in manila phone?
52.bmp

Blackleopord187

Oct 30, 2009
Seattle
ah

can someone plz help me? i installed this on my fuze. but it said i needed to reset... so i did... and after that my phone keeps booting up and it gets tons of errors when it boots up. i cant click action or contacts... i cant do anything plz help!

shahriar5252

Aug 18, 2008
Los Angeles
Beware: Schap's Advanced Configuration Tool disables incoming call in Touch Pro

I installed Schap's Advanced Config Tool v3.3 on my Sprint Touch Pro, which has the stock ROM. When incoming calls came through and I would slide the slider2answer to ANSWER, the entire slider would become green "Answer," the ringer would stop ringing, but the physical button lights would keep flashing and the calls would go to voicemail. I tried uninstalling it, but uninstallation did not resolve the issue. After a few hard resets, many wasted hours, and installing programs selectively, I found out that it was Schap's Advanced config v3.3. If you think it was only me that has this problem, look at posts 4, 7, 8, 9, and 10 of this PPCGeeks thread. Disabling incoming call is an old problem with this software.

So beware: Do not install Schap's Advanced Configuration on your Sprint/HTC CDMA Touch Pro

To Schap, the maker of this program: Although you developed this software to provide utility to the community, you have unfortunately screwed up so many people. Why don't you take this software offline? How many more people have to fall prey to this program and have to spend countless hours doing hard resets? Your program killed my weekend. Thanks for nothing!!!

Bodisson

Jan 8, 2008
Zagreb, Croatia
@ shahriar5252

I don't know about your experience, but Schap's AC software was very useful on my Polaris and is now useful on my Blackstone.
Oh, I did have some problems on Polaris, but only because I was meddling with values I did not understand (screen sensitivity).

So I don't see any reason why should Schap take that software offline, if only one device is affected. And BTW, no one forced you to install it, right?
No hard feelings, eh? ;)

shahriar5252

Aug 18, 2008
Los Angeles
@ shahriar5252

I don't know about your experience, but Schap's AC software was very useful on my Polaris and is now useful on my Blackstone.
Oh, I did have some problems on Polaris, but only because I was meddling with values I did not understand (screen sensitivity).

So I don't see any reason why should Schap take that software offline, if only one device is affected. And BTW, no one forced you to install it, right?
No hard feelings, eh? ;)

Bodisson, the problem is not limited to just my device (Sprint/HTC Touch Pro). If you refer back to my first post in this thread, I listed other threads in PPCGeeks forum in which people which HTC Touch (another HTC model) had also had this notorious problem regarding disabling of the ability to answer incoming calls after installing Schap's Adv Config. Notice that that those posts in PPCGeeks thread are over one and a half years old, and Schap has still not addressed the issue. It is fair to ask that either Schap's Adv Config be taken offline or at least a warning be given about the existence of this old problem. Believe me few new people would be willing to consider installing this program if they know about this problem.

And your statement of "And BTW, no one forced you to install it, right?" is not the right way of preventing headaches for a whole lot more people. I guess you have to go through the hardship that I went through and waste a weekend to stop saying this rude, selfish statement!!!

If the problem has been around for such a long time, a caring programmer would at least post a warning for future potential users!!! It is not too much to ask to be get informed about an old bug with this software. Yes the program is free and at risk of user, but how about caring for your fans with just a simple warning? Is that too much to ask? I think not.

Bodisson

Jan 8, 2008
Zagreb, Croatia
@ shahriar5252

I DID wasted more than one weekend meddling with my Polaris and with my Blackstone and with various config tools, so I do know what you (and others) went trough.

However, I do agree that warning notice on Schap's site is a good idea.

On the other hand, I have not seen him posting for at least 6 months... not here, not on his website...

As I have written, no hard feelings, eh?

hendrixus

Jan 25, 2006
Amsterdam
So beware: Do not install Schap's Advanced Configuration on your Sprint/HTC CDMA Touch Pro

To Schap, the maker of this program: Although you developed this software to provide utility to the community, you have unfortunately screwed up so many people. Why don't you take this software offline? How many more people have to fall prey to this program and have to spend countless hours doing hard resets? Your program killed my weekend. Thanks for nothing!!!

You have your own resposibility in installing this free software. Schaps never ask you, nor forced you to install his software. So first of all blame yourself. Many have installed this software and have no problems or have problems because they use options they don't know how to use. Maybe you did so too and screw up your device yourself!

Last edited:

shahriar5252

Aug 18, 2008
Los Angeles
@ shahriar5252

I DID wasted more than one weekend meddling with my Polaris and with my Blackstone and with various config tools, so I do know what you (and others) went trough.

However, I do agree that warning notice on Schap's site is a good idea.

On the other hand, I have not seen him posting for at least 6 months... not here, not on his website...

As I have written, no hard feelings, eh?

No hard feeling here. I am glad we agree on the warning notice for Schap's program.