• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UPDATED][22/10/2021][ROM][12.0][TWELVE][ALPHA]Pixel Experience for K30 Pro / Zoom / Poco F2 Pro [lmi/lmipro]

Search This thread

Guilhex

Oct 1, 2021
until now the best rom that I had beside the original MIUI.
Don´t like that I cant configuro the flash lite with the power button, and the battery could have been better.

Google pay works with NFC.
I have no root
Screenshot_20211007-140815_Ajustes.png
Screenshot_20211007-140757_Pixel_Launcher.png

Reactions: abode ghost

abode ghost

Aug 15, 2018
Mosul,Iraq

View attachment 5387899

Pixel Experience Plus for lmi [Redmi K30 Pro/ Poco F2 Pro]

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
Wifi
RIL
Mobile data
NFC
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FOD
Lights
Sound / vibration

Known issues
Nothing

First Time Install / Clean Flash

0. Unlock your bootloader.

1. Download the proper ZIP for your device.

2. Flash LR.Team TWRP 3.4.2b-1206 by wzsx150. Reboot to Recovery.

4. Flash Latest 12.5.3.0.RJKMIXM Firmware

4. Flash Pixel Experience Plus zip

5. Format data/cache by "Wipe" > "Format Data" > Type "yes".

6. Reboot to System

Update / Dirty Flash

2. Reboot to Recovery.

3. Flash Pixel Experience Plus ZIP.

4. Format cache by "Wipe" > "Advanced Wipe" > Select "Cache", Swipe.

4. Reboot to System

Known issues
You tell me

Changelog:
• October security patch
• Updates fingerprints to October security patch
• Improved battery Backup
• Updated firmware to 12.5.3.0

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
Download latest build

Stay tuned
Telegram Group

Updated rom with October security patch, Enjoy!

Reactions: mahg and mr-mauro

mahg

Oct 7, 2007
Esplugues de Llobregat
Thks for the new version.
I installed yesterday morning this ROM and today I get this new update :)
Do I have to perform a clean flash and upgrade to 12.5.3.0 firmware?

I know this is not a ROM related, issue but yesterday y didn't manage to flash the suggested TWRP recovery.
Whenever I flash it from fastboot, system and other partitions are unavailable.
The only way to flash the ROM was to run the recovery using fastboot boot twrp.img
Can somebody point me in the right direction to install TWRP and the new update properly?

By the way, I can't download the ROM. Too many users have downloaded this file, and Google suggest me to wait up to 24h. Can you upload to another file sharing platform? Forget about it. Now I can download it

Apart from this, congratulations as this ROM is fast, light and smoothly. Just 2 issues/comments:
  • SIM status is not remembered when the phone reboots. Both SIMs are activated when the phone restarts no matter if one of them was switched off previously.
  • Is there a setting to enable FOD animation when detecting motion? It's very useful to have it when trying to unlock the phone after rest in horizontal possition.

abode ghost

Aug 15, 2018
Mosul,Iraq
Thks for the new version.
I installed yesterday morning this ROM and today I get this new update :)
Do I have to perform a clean flash and upgrade to 12.5.3.0 firmware?

I know this is not a ROM related, issue but yesterday y didn't manage to flash the suggested TWRP recovery.
Whenever I flash it from fastboot, system and other partitions are unavailable.
The only way to flash the ROM was to run the recovery using fastboot boot twrp.img
Can somebody point me in the right direction to install TWRP and the new update properly?

By the way, I can't download the ROM. Too many users have downloaded this file, and Google suggest me to wait up to 24h. Can you upload to another file sharing platform? Forget about it. Now I can download it

Apart from this, congratulations as this ROM is fast, light and smoothly. Just 2 issues/comments:
  • SIM status is not remembered when the phone reboots. Both SIMs are activated when the phone restarts no matter if one of them was switched off previously.
  • Is there a setting to enable FOD animation when detecting motion? It's very useful to have it when trying to unlock the phone after rest in horizontal possition.
-No u don't need a clean flash to upgrade the rom.
Try these solution:
- Use another twrp and see if u can decrypt
if u still can't copy ur important data format data then flash the recommended twrp again which will probably work.
- For the dual sim issue will see if i can do anything about it
- For the fod animation it's rom related feature you can suggest at https://t.me/pixelexperiencechat

Reactions: mahg

mahg

Oct 7, 2007
Esplugues de Llobregat
-No u don't need a clean flash to upgrade the rom.
Try these solution:
- Use another twrp and see if u can decrypt
if u still can't copy ur important data format data then flash the recommended twrp again which will probably work.
- For the dual sim issue will see if i can do anything about it
- For the fod animation it's rom related feature you can suggest at https://t.me/pixelexperiencechat
Managed to install suggested kernel, flashed firmware and newest ROM.
Running flawlessly

Thks

Great ROM, as of now is working almost flawlessy.
I came from Xiaomi.eu, had to change because SafetyNet suddenly decided to "stop working".

I am astonished by the speed, the system is very fluid and things like reebooting or installing apps are the fastest I've ever seen on this phone by a mile.
(also, for those who want to know, SafetyNet is passed and this is the first ROM I've seen without any graphical glitch while using FOD to log in I've seen since Android 10)

A few bugs I've noticed so far:
- battery percentage doesn't show in notification bar, no matter what I do in the settings (I can see from the screenshots that it's not a common problem)
- pocket mode sometimes locks the screen for good and increases the wakeup time
- charge time extimation is a little off when using Xiaomi fast charge. The actual charge time seems to be the same more or less

Not a bug but worth mentioning:
-the default launcher doesn't let you hide apps
-no way too turn on the torch with keys o AOD gestures (or at least I havn't discovered it so far)
-could use a better camera app from the get go but ok, we are not so lazy we can't install one
-battery life seems just ok, only a little bit worse than stock but still plenty

Anyway I can't compliment the developer enough, real good job.

Last edited:

mahg

Oct 7, 2007
Esplugues de Llobregat
Using this ROM over 3 days and love the overall performance and smoothness.
Found some issues though:
  • Battery duration is lower than in stock ROM. With low ussage I managed to get over 48h with stock, while it barely lasts 35h with this ROM
  • FOD erratic behavior: sometimes -specially when phone is rotated-, the FOD spot is placed in a wrong possition and it's also too slow or faulty.
  • Both SIMs are allways on after the phone reboots -already reported-
  • Volume buttons in the headset doesn't work as expected -or I don't know how to change it-. Behaves as a click on the screen. Worked fine with stock ROM and with other phones.

abode ghost

Aug 15, 2018
Mosul,Iraq
Great ROM, as of now is working almost flawlessy.
I came from Xiaomi.eu, had to change because SafetyNet suddenly decided to "stop working".

I am astonished by the speed, the system is very fluid and things like reebooting or installing apps are the fastest I've ever seen on this phone by a mile.
(also, for those who want to know, SafetyNet is passed and this is the first ROM I've seen without any graphical glitch while using FOD to log in I've seen since Android 10)

A few bugs I've noticed so far:
- battery percentage doesn't show in notification bar, no matter what I do in the settings (I can see from the screenshots that it's not a common problem)
- pocket mode sometimes locks the screen for good and increases the wakeup time
- charge time extimation is a little off when using Xiaomi fast charge. The actual charge time seems to be the same more or less

Not a bug but worth mentioning:
-the default launcher doesn't let you hide apps
-no way too turn on the torch with keys o AOD gestures (or at least I havn't discovered it so far)
-could use a better camera app from the get go but ok, we are not so lazy we can't install one
-battery life seems just ok, only a little bit worse than stock but still plenty

Anyway I can't compliment the developer enough, real good job.
Thanks for your feedback pal, Pocket mode isn't the best in aosp roms currently we are looking forward for it be imporved hopefully.
For the battery life you can try latest nexus kernel V10 it improved alot you can find it here https://t.me/NexusKernelLmi/8615
Also enjoy the rom!

abode ghost

Aug 15, 2018
Mosul,Iraq
Using this ROM over 3 days and love the overall performance and smoothness.
Found some issues though:
  • Battery duration is lower than in stock ROM. With low ussage I managed to get over 48h with stock, while it barely lasts 35h with this ROM
  • FOD erratic behavior: sometimes -specially when phone is rotated-, the FOD spot is placed in a wrong possition and it's also too slow or faulty.
  • Both SIMs are allways on after the phone reboots -already reported-
  • Volume buttons in the headset doesn't work as expected -or I don't know how to change it-. Behaves as a click on the screen. Worked fine with stock ROM and with other phones.
For the battery life you can try latest nexus kernel V10 it improved alot you can find it here https://t.me/NexusKernelLmi/8615
For the fod can you share more information like screenshots or a screen recording at the support group
Sim issue is already reported but there's no proper logs so will be ignored untill i get the logs and for the volume i need more information also.

mahg

Oct 7, 2007
Esplugues de Llobregat
For the fod can you share more information like screenshots or a screen recording at the support group
Sim issue is already reported but there's no proper logs so will be ignored untill i get the logs and for the volume i need more information also.
Thks for your suggestion. I'll try it later.

Related to SIM and headset issues, it seems that is an AOSP common issue.
I've tried another AOSP ROM and it happens the same.

Taken some logcat when pressing the up/down volume I only see this:
10-16 09:43:31.706 1402 2257 D InputDispatcher: Waiting to send key to Window{98e48f4 u0 com.android.settings/com.android.settings.homepage.SettingsHomepageActivity} because there are unprocessed events that may cause focus to change

Related to FOD, I don't have a screenshot, but sometimes, when trying to unlock the phone is in landscape, the FOD is displayed in the wrong place. The same if the phone is upside down. I'll try to reproduce it again and take some screenshots.

mahg

Oct 7, 2007
Esplugues de Llobregat

abode ghost

Aug 15, 2018
Mosul,Iraq
Thks for your suggestion. I'll try it later.

Related to SIM and headset issues, it seems that is an AOSP common issue.
I've tried another AOSP ROM and it happens the same.

Taken some logcat when pressing the up/down volume I only see this:

Related to FOD, I don't have a screenshot, but sometimes, when trying to unlock the phone is in landscape, the FOD is displayed in the wrong place. The same if the phone is upside down. I'll try to reproduce it again and take some screenshots.
Okay thanks for the info will take further look into the fod.

mahg

Oct 7, 2007
Esplugues de Llobregat
I've rooted the ROM and now I have a silly question.
I can't edit /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl
Using a file explorer with root access it says that file is protected but I cannot change permissions.
The same using adb, and the same from TWRP's terminal -after mounting system with read only unchecked-
What I'm doing wrong? Any suggestion?

abode ghost

Aug 15, 2018
Mosul,Iraq
I've rooted the ROM and now I have a silly question.
I can't edit /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl
Using a file explorer with root access it says that file is protected but I cannot change permissions.
The same using adb, and the same from TWRP's terminal -after mounting system with read only unchecked-
What I'm doing wrong? Any suggestion?
have you tried using other managers? Like mt manager sometimes i have similar issues with other files using twrp or mixplorer at the same time mt manager worked.

GameNCode

Jul 2, 2016
I've got a workaround for headset buttons issue.
I managed to fix it using a key mapper app.
Volume up key is detected as KEYCODE_BUTTON_2 while volume down key is detected as KEYCODE_BUTTON_3.
I can map them to the appropiate actions and it works, but only when screen is on :-(

My ROM is not rooted so cannot test it right now, but it can be solved permanently: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-fix-headset-controls-not-working-on-custom-roms.3919025/
Can confirm this works, I also made a thread about this on the Poco F2 Pro sub hah.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fingerprint not working
    It's in the OP.... UDFPS not implemented
    Many thanks to abode ghost, for the input about what to flash, i was not sure.

Congrats to the devs, this is a fantastic rom...can´t tell about battery life, but till now i'm impressed with this rom. For now, i'm using as daily driver. Everything seems to work fine. Coming from xiaomi.eu rom to Pixel extended 11, then this one, so i miss a lot of features. Cam seems to be poor compared to original xiaomi.eu rom, but do it's job. Joined at a spanish telegram group, and i've managed to download BSG camera app, and i'm using it, no probls so far. Major problems found:

- No internal memory in TWRP, so waiting for a A12 compatible TWRP. Flashing with a pen.
    - Charging issue is present... turning off the phone, it shows an charging picture. Flashed the 12.5.3. firmware.
    Using Nova launcher as default launcher, because Pixel launcher lacks lots of options.
    - Mobile data wasn't working, so i had to add it manually.
    - Unable to add fingerprint
    - Screencast is working,...at least to my Nvidia Shield.
    - Can't tell about battery life, i flashed the nexus kernel suggeste by abode ghost

For an alpha, rom is performing very well..
    Fullscreen/Immersive Gestures from magisk repository
    Thanks for your rom
    I installed Cherish Beta Android 12 on my old Redmi Note 7 Device, and boy that was so eye candy. Can't wait to try this on my K30 Pro Zoom Edition. Thanks for your work.

Pixel-experience-logo-01.jpeg

Pixel Experience Plus for lmi ALPHA [Redmi K30 Pro/ Poco F2 Pro]

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    NFC
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

6. Reboot to System

Update / Dirty Flash

2. Reboot to Recovery.

4. Reboot to System

Known issues
    • UDFPS is still not implemented by PE team
    • Other? you tell

Changelog:
    • Initial Android 12 Alpha release

Download latest build | Mirror

Still looking For android 11?
    Download latest build

Stay tuned
    Telegram Group

ROM's updated enjoy!
    My phone not show that it charging even though it charging after flashing the rom. No light notification on the camera or screen effect in the lock mode or battery icon sign go up. I can only know it charging because i turn on battery %. Also recovery become unable to mount data and internal storage not showing anything.
    Charging issue is reported to be solved by flashing latest firmware which is 12.5.3 it's working for some people and for others it don't i still don't know why currently might be a source bug because the same device trees are being used in other roms and it's fine
    Also we don't have a twrp recovery that supports android 12 encryption so you'll have to use otg for now till someone makes it.
    Rom Updated, Enjoy!

View attachment 5387899

Pixel Experience Plus for lmi ALPHA [Redmi K30 Pro/ Poco F2 Pro]

What is this?

Based on Android 12.0

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    NFC
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

6. Reboot to System

Update / Dirty Flash

2. Reboot to Recovery.

4. Reboot to System

Known issues
    • UDFPS is still not implemented by PE team
    • Other? you tell

Changelog:
    • Initial Android 12 Alpha release

Download latest build | Mirror

Still looking For android 11?
    Download latest build

Stay tuned
    Telegram Group