WIZARD ONLYNEW VERSION HERE http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=1671022
I've been working on this ROM for some time, and today I give you the final ROM.
I've been trying out WM6 ROM's, since Faria's to Zoki's wonderfull work on Touched version of WM6. But WM6 is kinda slow, IMHO. Yes, we can overclock Wizard so that it can be faster... but that makes battery drain even faster too. So I started wondering, if I could take WM5 and give it what we can have in WM6.
I've taken the Wizard Love ROM AKU 2.3 apart and made the following improvements:
- TouchFlo active - yep, you can use your fingers to go up or down, go ahead, go crazy fingering!
- HTC TOUCH CUBE - oh yeah, I managed to port the cube to WM5! I also made it like the real HTC Touch, being completly buttonless. Just slide your finger from top bar to bottom bar on today screen. (thanks gullum!)
- CUBE contacts are in sync with the HTC Home plugin. You can set them on home plugin or in the CUBE, its up to you.
- Custom Media Hub (you can change how the cube works. Since I haven't included HTC Audio Manager on this ROM, you should change the default media player to Windows Media Player).
- Black keyboard skinning
- HTC Touch PhonePad
+ T9 supported in: - Read the FAQ to enable them!
- New waiting animation - you never seen it on WM5/6! (thanks to Marshall!)
- Lunar Calendar active
- Time sync active
- Disable the security warning when installing non-certified application
- Disable Error Reporting
- Bluetooth FTP is in there!
- Enable 802.11g WiFi network connectivity
- Enable ClearType in Landscape mode
- Enable FileSystem cache and set to 4096
- HTC HomePlugin 6 Button - Windows Media Player is now the default player (HTC Audio Manager is a battery eater!). The weather already has the N2A redirect done. See if it works for you. Also, Backlight and Launch Program folder are now fixed!
- HTC Touch Dialer + SmartDial always working!
- HTC Security Dialer (not pinky looking)
- HTC Touch CommManager 8Buttons (everything is working now!)
- HTC Touch WMPSkin is on by default!
- HTC X-Button 2.0 (latest).
- HTC Network Wizard (runs automatically after flashing and is totally automatic)
- CustomMediaHub - you can change the Music default player to Media Player.
- TaskManager by dotfred - so that you can kill whatever you want!
- AllBlack skinning that looks and works good!
- Increase FileSystem filter cache 4096
- Increase font cache to 16384
- Increase Ring Volume
- Today Date only one line
- SMS Sent notification is off (you can set this back using registry editing)
- Show slide-out keyboard capsdot icon next to SIP
- ArcSoft MMS 126.96.36.199 (yes, its working without any problem on WM5!!!)
- PIMBackup 2.5 - so that you can backup and restore your data
- Esmertec Java!
- Tetris game (just cause I'd like to give you something extra)
- Total Commander 2.5PB3 - for your registry/files editing
- Add a 'Disconnect' button and Timer to the Connection List for GPRS
- Adobe Flash Lite and working - go ahead, see it in action!
- Change the location of My Documents to Storage Card (More space free now!)
- Change the location of Temporary Internet Files to Storage Card (More space free now!)
- ClearTemp - so that you can make some maintainence as days go by, even clean the recent programs from start menu.
- A new battery icon for WM5 that displays current % of battery. (uff this one was tough to put in, but is here!)
- CoolCam instead of default camera (didn't delete the default one, due to MMS dependencies) and its assigned already to the camera button.
- ScreenOff already assigned to the talk button but it doesn't disable the dpad so that you can change music while using WMPlayer!
- Disable window animations
- Smartskeys - hold the right key: program really closes | hold left key: start menu - thanks for the tip for this guys.
- SoftKeys - so that you can change what they do!
- WM5torage 1.75 - you can access your PDA MicroSD even on Linux.
- Smartdialing has been design fixed, meaning that I've corrected the blue stuff that appeared when using smartdialling.
- Show Calendar event text in Week View
- Show 'busy status' in Calendar Agenda View
- Show Tomorrow's Appointments on Calendar Today item
PagePool: 12MB -> faster performance, less memory available (that's what SD is for!)
- Office 2007 - not necessary, Microsoft release an update to all PPC users, even WM5. Get it here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/86vb0r
- Different icons for GPRS/Edge - already on the FAQ's on how to activate them.
Steps for an easy and troubleless installation
G4 - Use sSPL to flash it like a regular rom (instructions and files needed included - more info about sSPL http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=329147 )
G3 - Unlock your CID! http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=263116 then follow CID Unlocked intructions. The sSPL doesn't work on G3 LOCKED devices.
- Install Rom using RUU (included).
I have taken out Windows Live, Adobe Reader so that you can choose what to install yourself.
Before you ask:
- Yes I did try to do it using AKU 3.3 but due to M$ bull**** I could never get this thing to work properly.
- This ROM is G4/G3 Safe (OS+Splashes+ExtendedRom)!
I'd like to thank Noonski, Zoki, gullum, the-equinoxe, Faria, mUn, anichillus, Risidoro, Marshall, its_right, theloon and those whose nicknames I can't remember for their intensive work on ROM's, making our wizards life better and teaching... you guys are a true inspiration!
Also, I'd like to thank for all of you who give me the will to go on with this and also testing this rom!
Personal Note: "Only through changing we can find our true purpose".
Rev 4: http://www.sendspace.com/file/9b6ho7
Mirror: http://orangedesign.nl/wizard/WM5SE_rev4.zip - Thanks Morphdesign