[F800 L/S/K ] [A9 Pie] Debloated Stock Rom

Search This thread

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20

About This Rom

This is a debloated stock rom based on stock F800K_30H. Most likely the last update the V20 will get.

Installation Procedure for F800 L/K/S

Download the F800***.7z to a PC and extract with 7-zip app on Windows PC or the equivalent on OSX / Linux . This will expand to a single 6GB system.img file. Copy over to internal storage on your device.

Update TRWP recovery to 3.4.x.x using TWRP.

Download also the F800 boot imgage and F800K-ezv2020.zip kernel.

Boot into twrp and flash the system image.

Install>Install_Image(bottom right)>navigate to system.img file and select system image partition.

Repeat the same procedure for the boot.img, flash on boot partition.

Flash ezV2020 Kernel and then Magisk. Done.

If you are coming from Oreo download also the Pie partitions and flash that first, then as above. Also wipe data so have your apps backed up.

In the case your were already on PIE no need to wipe data but do wipe Dalvik / ART cache and Cache in TWRP before reboot. Device will be slow for a while and will speed up as Dalvik cache is rebuilt in the background. Sometimes that can take a while especially if you don't let the device rest.

==========================================================

Update Nov 2022: You now need to flash in twrp this Chrome update to pass initial setup screen after phone reset or fresh flash.

=====================================================

New

TWRP Version
Place in Twrp folder on SD card and restore in twrp

Boot in this one has dmverity ezv2020 hifi kernel and magisk 23 installed. You don't have to restore the boot if you want to start fresh.​

Last edited:

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
Release v2
  • This is based on K rather than L for no good reason (new: flash the K partitions in my repo and ezv2020 K kernel), but makes no difference as all carrier apps have been deleted. This is a 'start again' version rather than an update to ver 1 and is recommended to update due to reports of better performance.
  • Added
    • QLens
    • V30 and G6 themes ( I like the black one with dark grey accents)
    • Sim unlock app (I think it's for phones locked to sim, not sure if it is or if it works)
    • Wap Push Service (for carrier settings sent via text msg)
    • Collage Wallpapers from G6 - only works on Lock Screen, dunno why, i'll try fix.
    • LG Smart World. You must hide it in Magisk first, then software update. Don't know how to change Korean language, sorry.
    • If you don't care for any of these additions delete them from /system/product/app , using a root browser
    • RCT (root check tool) remover has already been applied.
Known issues (minor)
  • Touch screen is not responsive after coming out of Laf Download Mode at times. To recover this simply reboot into recovery and reboot. It's not that serious and doesn't occur after a normal reboot. You just need to be aware of the fix in case you experience it.
  • If you have any apn issues do the 'reset apn settings to default' in the apn settings menu. Cuz my carrier apn didn't show up initially.

Last edited:

TarAntonio

Mar 13, 2019
After 3 flashed now your files worked. By one hour without reboot or chrash. Pie is very nice and you have super debloated the stock rom. Only calendar app Google crash. Normally i used lg calendar. Congratulations. Saturday i will test with my sim

Last edited:

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
After 3 flashed now your files worked. By one hour without reboot or chrash. Pie is very nice and you have super debloated the stock rom. Only calendar app Google crash. Normally i used lg calendar. Congratulations. Saturday i will test with my sim

Install Mixploer from here http://mixplorer.com/

Download the attachment provided and extract the folder to Internal Storage

Using Mixplorer copy and paste the Folder named LGCalendarProvider to...

root>system>product>priv-app
(you may be asked to grant root permission here)

Make sure you can see the LGCalendarProvider Folder is in priv-app folder, now reboot.

Google calendar is working for me now.

Attachments

• LGCalendarProvider.zip
    330.1 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: TarAntonio

TheRoyalDuke

Oct 21, 2020
Thank you. I did not try mobile data but i crossflashed and can confirm that everything else works, including wifi on the H910. I'm so excited to have stock pie with root on the V20.

Last edited:
Reactions: ezzony

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
Thank you. I did not try mobile data but i crossflashed and can confirm that everything else works, including wifi on the H910. I'm so excited to have stock pie with root on the V20.

Great!

I did think wifi files needed to be adapted per device but this may not be for all devices. Hard for me to know which is why it is good people report back their findings, thanks. Hows bluetooth?

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
Edit: F800L30H_Partitions is needed to get fingerprint working.

Thanks for that. It might be just the modem that is needed. Can you get into download mode after flashing the partitions? Be careful. That is why I said in the OP don't flash Pie Partitions on non-F800 although you may not have seen that as I added it later.

I have a zip somewhere to flash back oreo partitions. I'll upload it later.

edit: just checked my us996, fingerprint is working fine without flashing pie partitions. Please delete your edit as I don't want anyone flashing pie partitions on non-f800 devices because of the laf download problem.

I will have to figure out what exactly is going on but until then I don't support of advise anyone to flash Pie partitions on any non-F800 device.

Last edited:

TheRoyalDuke

Oct 21, 2020
I can get into download mode but the screen is static. Dont really care, tbh, because this is my spare phone. As long as i have stock pie and TWRP, i'm happy.

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
I can get into download mode but the screen is static. Dont really care, tbh, because this is my spare phone. As long as i have stock pie and TWRP, i'm happy.

Ah good. Because there was an issue with the new Pie LG LAF (download mode) not being detected in LGUP. Experienced that myself. The danger is then if you accidentally deleted TWRP or somehow got corrupted there would be no way to ever flash the phone again and you'd be stuck with what you have. That is why I'm being extra cautions.

Note:
I still don't advise anyone to flash pie partitions on non-f800. There are so many variants it's not certain or knowable if all will be okay for all of them.

Last edited:

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
Just to confirm, for the us996 we need to flash the f800L_30H_BOOT img, oreo4pie and the f800L_30H_Debloat right?

You need to do exactly the same as you did last time. Sorry I haven't gotten around to providing instructions, I'll do it soon. The part you are missing is you need to flash the us996-ezv2020 pie kernel after you flash the f800l_boot.img. Do not flash the partitions for non-f800.

Reactions: xxseva44

xxseva44

May 16, 2019
Canada
LG V20
Google Pixel 4a 5G
You need to do exactly the same as you did last time. Sorry I haven't gotten around to providing instructions, I'll do it soon. The part you are missing is you need to flash the us996-ezv2020 pie kernel after you flash the f800l_boot.img. Do not flash the partitions for non-f800.
Ahh okay, thx for letting me know
Edit: So i flashed it and at first it was very stable but then it crashed to that green apps watchdog bark, i then rebooted and it crashed and showed the purple secure watchdog bite screen a couple of seconds after unlocking the phone. not sure if this is relevant but when it crashed it was downloading about 40 apps, and i was trying to log into instagram. Maybe it was just a fluke, i'll see if it happens again
Edit2: So i rebooted and everything seems fine again
Edit3: okay so it crahsed again, same thing happened, it crashed to the green watchdog bark screen although this time it went from that screen to the purple watchdog bite screen without rebooting or anything. When it crashed, i went to unlock it and it froze while i was unlocking the phone
Could this have anything to do with the fact that my phone was originally a vs995? Cuz i converted it to a us996, I noticed that there was a vs995 pie kernel, should i flash that and see if the crashes stop? I'm not too sure if it would do anything especially since i was running alpha omega oreo with your us996 oreo kernel just fine but it's worth a shot but just to be sure, for now i'll reflash the us996 kernel again and see if the crashes return
update: It worked fine for the past hour but crashed to the watchdog bite screen again, i'll try flashing the vs995 pie kernel and see if the crashes stop. Okay so i successfully flashed it, now i just have to wait and see

Update: success, 2 hours with no crashes, the vs995 pie kernel fixed my issue
T.L.D.R: I flashed the us996 kernel on my vs995 converted to a us996 which in theory should have worked but didn't, which resulted in random crashes

Last edited:

TheRoyalDuke

Oct 21, 2020
Although the fingerprints worked after flashing the f800 partitions on my h910, the kernel would constantly crash. So i pulled modem from my oreo dump and flashed it in TWRP. This time fingerprint stopped working but my phone hasn't crashed in hours. I also inserted a sim card to test mobile data, it did not work. However, i was able to make phone calls and send a text message. Thank you so much for this rom.

Last edited:

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
Ahh okay, thx for letting me know

Update: success, 2 hours with no crashes, the vs995 pie kernel fixed my issue
T.L.D.R: I flashed the us996 kernel on my vs995 converted to a us996 which in theory should have worked but didn't, which resulted in random crashes

That's odd. My device is the same as yours. A vs995 crossflashed to us996. Had no issue with the us996_santa-ezV2020 kernel. Hasn't crashed once, working very well, very fast and smooth.

I have uploaded the us996 oreo partitions as a flashable zip, if you or anyone needs it. Say you want to flash back oreo easily. If staying on Pie you'd have flash back the F800 boot.img and us996 kernel.

No need to do anything yourself if it's working fine.

xxseva44

May 16, 2019
Canada
LG V20
Google Pixel 4a 5G
That's odd. My device is the same as yours. A vs995 crossflashed to us996. Had no issue with the us996_santa-ezV2020 kernel. Hasn't crashed once, working very well, very fast and smooth.

I have uploaded the us996 oreo partitions as a flashable zip, if you or anyone needs it. Say you want to flash back oreo easily. If staying on Pie you'd have flash back the F800 boot.img and us996 kernel.

No need to do anything yourself if it's working fine.
Yea i was also confused, especially since i was running your oreo kernel just fine with alpha omega but it worked, Either way this rom is running very smooth and fast. I also did a geekbench 5 run and to my surprise, it preforms better with a single core score of 340 and multi core of 704 compared to 286 single and 636 multicore, But anyways thx for developing this for us v20 users:)

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
Although the fingerprints worked after flashing the f800 partitions on my h910, the kernel would constantly crash. So i pulled modem from my oreo dump and flashed it in TWRP. This time fingerprint stopped working but my phone hasn't crashed in hours. I also inserted a sim card to test mobile data, it did not work. However, i was able to make phone calls and send a text message. Thank you so much for this rom.

You could try flashing the modem only. The pie modem, in twrp. I'd be curious to know what would happen. I have just uploaded it. Worth a try. The fingerprint for some reason uses files in the modem partition. Why there are there I don't know.

Be advised everyone all this mixing and matching pie with oreo may result in unforeseeable negatives. We can only know what works by trial and error. And, your welcome!

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
Yea i was also confused, especially since i was running your oreo kernel just fine with alpha omega but it worked, Either way this rom is running very smooth and fast. I also did a geekbench 5 run and to my surprise, it preforms better with a single core score of 340 and multi core of 704 compared to 286 single and 636 multicore, But anyways thx for developing this for us v20 users:)

You didn't get the us996Santa oreo and Pie us996Santa kernels mixed up did you? That would defiantly cause a crash if you put Oreo kernel on Pie. I think the vs995 and us996 kernels are interchangeable anyway. Little difference between some of them.

I don't bother with the benchmarks myself, I can just tell by the fluidity of the device if it's better! Not surprised by the results given what I'm experiencing.

Reactions: xxseva44

xxseva44

May 16, 2019
Canada
LG V20
Google Pixel 4a 5G
You didn't get the us996Santa oreo and Pie us996Santa kernels mixed up did you? That would defiantly cause a crash if you put Oreo kernel on Pie. I think the vs995 and us996 kernels are interchangeable anyway. Little difference between some of them.

I don't bother with the benchmarks myself, I can just tell by the fluidity of the device if it's better! Not surprised by the results given what I'm experiencing.
Yea i double checked, i flashed the us996 pie kernel twice actually, but had the same results

Reactions: ezzony

xxseva44

May 16, 2019
Canada
LG V20
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Okay so before i added anything, i tried to open the alexa app again, this time it worked fine and didn't cause my phone to crash, so this time i'm going to open a lot of apps and see if that will trigger the crash
Edit: nope, that did not cause it to crash either, i have no idea what's causing the crashes, maybe it has something to do with the cache because i remember when i tried rebooting after the second crash, it was stuck at the boot animation, it only rebooted after i cleared delvik and cache. Maybe the cache is getting corrupted after a while?
Update: Phone has been running fine for 1 day
Update2: Phone crashed this morning while scrolling to instagram, these crashes seem to be happening at random. Only thing the crashes have in common is that it would happen roughly every 20 hours to a day. Sometimes if i'm unlucky it just repeatedly crashes after a couple of reboots
Update3: Okay yea theres something funny going on with the cache because, i went to the gallery to look at some videos that i know would play but when i tried to play them it kept saying something went wrong, tried a reboot but still the same result. and when i'd watch videos on instagram they looked corrupted, tried force stopping and clearing the cache but still the same result. reboot didn't help either, only thing that fixed those issues was clearing the cache and delvik in twrp
Update: So i have found a temporary solution which is to clear the cache and delvik every once in a while
Idk if this is relevant but what did you come from before flashing this cuz i came from oreo so idk if that could have anything to do with the issue

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

About This Rom

This is a debloated stock rom based on stock F800K_30H. Most likely the last update the V20 will get.

Installation Procedure for F800 L/K/S

Download the F800***.7z to a PC and extract with 7-zip app on Windows PC or the equivalent on OSX / Linux . This will expand to a single 6GB system.img file. Copy over to internal storage on your device.

Update TRWP recovery to 3.4.x.x using TWRP.

Download also the F800 boot imgage and F800K-ezv2020.zip kernel.

Boot into twrp and flash the system image.

Install>Install_Image(bottom right)>navigate to system.img file and select system image partition.

Repeat the same procedure for the boot.img, flash on boot partition.

Flash ezV2020 Kernel and then Magisk. Done.

If you are coming from Oreo download also the Pie partitions and flash that first, then as above. Also wipe data so have your apps backed up.

In the case your were already on PIE no need to wipe data but do wipe Dalvik / ART cache and Cache in TWRP before reboot. Device will be slow for a while and will speed up as Dalvik cache is rebuilt in the background. Sometimes that can take a while especially if you don't let the device rest.

Update Nov 2022: You now need to flash in twrp this Chrome update to pass initial setup screen after phone reset or fresh flash.

=====================================================

New

TWRP Version
    Place in Twrp folder on SD card and restore in twrp

Boot in this one has dmverity ezv2020 hifi kernel and magisk 23 installed. You don't have to restore the boot if you want to start fresh.​

New version uploaded, Feb2022 version.

Unzip download to reveal system and boot image files, that's all you need.

If you haven't already, flash the K partitions Zip first, then the boot.img, then the system.img. The boot image already has ezv2020 kernel inside. Oh, and flash magisk.

This is what I use, no static screen and works rather well. Please check magnet issue, though I didn't do anything with that.

You may try leave your set up data partition, just wipe caches afterwards. If won't boot after some time you may have to total wipe.

Backup what you currently have as a precaution as I've deleted all older versions to keep repo clean but I don't think you'll need it.
    Hi, does it replace the Korean dialpad with the English one? Thanks
    Korean stuff goes when you change the build.prop settings related to country etc. So yes.

I'll be uploading a new one soon but if you have unlimited data then go ahead as it may not be that soon.
    flashing laf.img extracted from PIE/Nougat kdz doesn't help. I hope anyone comes up with an idea soon
    Possible fix for corrupted LAF after flashing partitions:
    - Do not overwrite TWRP or bootloader.
    - Obtain Nougat or Oreo KDZ/TOT : F800K (you can use your variant, I have F800K)
    - Extract laf bin from KDZ/TOT using LG Firmware Extractor and rename it to laf.img
    - Boot into TWRP, flash laf image to LAF / Download mode several times, I did it 3 in a raw, then reboot to recovery again.
    - Power off
    - Boot to Download mode with LGup( recommend dual mode)
    - device detected now.

Note: if TWRP doesn't let you flash LAF or it fails, follow this post

Hardway if you remove TWRP/bootloader/root ( NOT RECOMMEND REMOVING THEM)

Install Mixploer from here http://mixplorer.com/

Download the attachment provided and extract the folder to Internal Storage

Using Mixplorer copy and paste the Folder named LGCalendarProvider to...

root>system>product>priv-app
    (you may be asked to grant root permission here)

Make sure you can see the LGCalendarProvider Folder is in priv-app folder, now reboot.

Google calendar is working for me now.