• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[updated 29/May] [F800 L/S/K ] [A9 Pie] Enhanced Rom

Search This thread

TarAntonio

Mar 13, 2019
It's it happening every time? Is your phone new or old? Mine is working fine so it looks like a problem with your phone. Hardware. Try usb-thethering as see does it work that way. Also, does your wifi work properly
3 times and 3 times rebooted. Ive hot used and dont know how old is. Also video record not properly works salve but i need other app for video saved for play

Will come an update for the kernel?

Reactions: ezzony

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
No, there isn't any plan for a kernel update. The whole point of my kernel is to be like stock kernel with a few added fixes. I have not touched the 'performance' of the kernel, it's the same as stock.

There is noting I can do to fix your hotspot issue. All i can suggest is you check you installed the correct files, like the right kernel and the right partitions. It sounds like a hardware issue to me because my hotspot is working great.

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
3 times and 3 times rebooted. Ive hot used and dont know how old is. Also video record not properly works salve but i need other app for video saved for play

Will come an update for the kernel?
Hey try the new F800K_30h_Partitions.zip in my folder. And flash with the usual F800K ezv2020 kernel zip after and then Magisk if you wish.
Just because there is a very small chance this is causing the hotspot issue.

TarAntonio

Mar 13, 2019
Now i founded the best way for me.
I leaved boot img kernel stock 30h
And installed root booster and 3c task manager. Until now works very well without rebooting for have boost and without lags.
Now the apps open more fastly.
Wify thethering works without crash.
Only lock screen don't Leave to personalize

Reactions: ezzony

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
And installed root booster and 3c task manager. Until now works very well without rebooting for have boost and without lags.
I would prefer you use LKT.
You need only LKT zip and flash in magisk.
You can add the app as well to make it easier to change mode.

My lock screen customization is working fine. I test on swipe lockscreen. What exactly do you experience? In what way it doesn't work?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *see latest updates in post 2

About This Rom

This is a modified stock rom based on stock F800L_30H. Most likely the last update the V20 will get.

It may also be flashed on some non-F800 devices which may require some small additional adjustment to get wifi working, but mobile data will not work unfortunately.

==========================================================

Installation Procedure for F800 L/K/S Hardware

Download the F800***.7z file to a PC and extract with 7-zip app on Windows PC or the equivalent on OSX. This will expand to a single 6GB system.img file. Copy over to internal storage on your device.

Update TRWP recovery to 3.4.x.x using TWRP.

Download also the F800**boot.img and F800L-ezv2020.zip kernel.

Boot into twrp and flash the system image.

Install>Install_Image(bottom right)>navigate to system.img file and select system image partition.

Repeat the same procedure for the boot.img, flash on boot partition.

Now flash ezV2020 Kernel and then Magisk. Done.

If you are coming from Oreo download also the Pie partitions and flash that first, then as above. Also wipe data so have your apps backed up.

In the case your were already on PIE no need to wipe data but do wipe Dalvik / ART cache and Cache in TWRP before reboot. Device will be slow for a while and will speed up as Dalvik cache is rebuilt in the background. Sometimes that can take a while especially if you don't let the device rest.

Installation Procedure for NON-F800 Variants
    Mobile data will not work

This is recommend ONLY on US996 compatible variants. I believe this is H910, VS995, H915. NOT T-mobile, NOT Sprint and NOT Dual Sim variants.

Delete your google account from your device before you start in case wifi doesn't work on initial boot*.

Wipe all the partitions in TWRP except internal storage of course.

Follow the same procedure as above for the system image and the boot image. Flash the provided us996 ezv2020 kernel, than magisk. Done.

Notes

*You may or may not need to replace wi-fi firmware files from your oreo system. I will advise how to do this if need be. The US996 wifi firmware files are available to download in the oreo4pie zip. Download in case you need them.

Mobile data will not work
    Do not flash the Pie partitions on non-F800 hardware.
    Calls may or may not work.
    Fingerprint may or may not work. Might be able to fix this.

Download Link

Hi, does it replace the Korean dialpad with the English one? Thanks
    Korean stuff goes when you change the build.prop settings related to country etc. So yes.

I'll be uploading a new one soon but if you have unlimited data then go ahead as it may not be that soon.
    After 3 flashed now your files worked. By one hour without reboot or chrash. Pie is very nice and you have super debloated the stock rom. Only calendar app Google crash. Normally i used lg calendar. Congratulations. Saturday i will test with my sim

Install Mixploer from here http://mixplorer.com/

Download the attachment provided and extract the folder to Internal Storage

Using Mixplorer copy and paste the Folder named LGCalendarProvider to...

root>system>product>priv-app
    (you may be asked to grant root permission here)

Make sure you can see the LGCalendarProvider Folder is in priv-app folder, now reboot.

Google calendar is working for me now.
    Thank you. I did not try mobile data but i crossflashed and can confirm that everything else works, including wifi on the H910. I'm so excited to have stock pie with root on the V20.