• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[Updated 4th April][XPERIA][PureXperiaZ3 for A210][Performance+Battery+Gaming+Beauty]

Is this the Best ROM for Micromax Canvas 4 A210??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rinoj

Jul 10, 2014
about to flash pxz, read the whole thread, just one ques.
im not a fan of dolby, prefer viper4android
if i flash viper4android, will it replace dolby?(im not pretty sure)
or do i have to uninstall dolby then go ahead with viper4android?

p.s: viper4android link not working under add ons

ajking

Jan 16, 2014
Leuven
@rinoj

i tried installing viper in this rom and it worked well for me, you dont have to bother about dolby. even if you install viper, keep dolby off and viper works perfectly fine.

hope this helps!

Abhijit

Last edited:
Reactions: rinoj

rinoj

Jul 10, 2014
@rinoj

i tried installing viper in this rom and it worked well for me, you dont have to bother about dolby. even if you install viper, keep dolby off and viper works perfectly fine.

hope this helps!

Abhijit
thank you for replying.
i wasn't sure what to do because nobody replied so i just uninstalled dolby and installed viper4android, its working fine.
only issue is that when you click on sound enhancement in walkman ,there's no dolby .Its not a issue cause i did it :laugh:
anyway , thanks man for replying :good:

007jigar

Nov 25, 2013
@rinoj

hope this helps!

Abhijit
thank you for replying.
i wasn't sure what to do because nobody replied so i just uninstalled dolby and installed viper4android, its working fine.
only issue is that when you click on sound enhancement in walkman ,there's no dolby .Its not a issue cause i did it :laugh:
anyway , thanks man for replying :good:
i removed dolby and viper both....and only use Original Sony Xperia SoundEnhancement....and it's look's professional and sounds Great ;)
if you want to use it...Sound Enhancement available on Add-ons Section...:cool:

supernakl

Dec 27, 2008
Minor problem

Hi,
Thanks for the Rom, it is wonderful.
Happy to come out of Micro max stock ROM.
Have been using it for about one month,and the battery life is very good.
Had problems with the network dropping with stock ROM, but now no problem.
Internet speed is very fast.
Have a minor problem, when charging the Sony icon for battery charging shows up, but micro max icon overrides the same.
But no charging is shown. (dummy icon is on the screen).
Please requesting you to help me.
Thanks in advance.
superna

Atharkhan101

Dec 1, 2013
Hyderabad
Help me NeroD the genius

Hello NeroD,

I have some pre-flashing queries before flashing your Xperia z rom. I’ve gone through the entire thread non-stop and this rom seems to be very awesome, mouth watering. It would be very kind of you to help me with clear my fears, misunderstanding.

Its been a happy 1.25 years with my Canvas 4 A210 and I’m on stock rom + rooted + Gravity box. I wanted to replace Canvas 4 but the continues support improvement from the devs like you and C3C076 (Gravitybox dev) I don’t have to change my phone as the specs of Canvas 4 are very good. I love you guys J.

I want to flash your xperia rom and below are few points/issues that users are repeatedly asking to fix. I especially noted down on paper while reading the entire thread so request you to please address the points and clarify. Also few points below are from my side too

My points (Please let me know if any of the below is fixed in PureXperiaZ2 rom):

1.This is with every Micromax Canvas 4 A210 device with the stock rom. Have you observed that ? That is, if you are talking to some one on SIM 1 and if somebody calls you on SIM 2, you'll not get any notification/beep.

2.Wifi weird issue (Please check the below link):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=54837849&postcount=1

3. Light sensor issue (Please check the below link):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=54493292&postcount=1

4. I love the boot animation of Canvas 4 (stock rom) ---- which displays 'Canvas 4' some firework sparks and ting! Will I have to loose this with flashing this xperia rom ?

What PureXperiaZ2 rom users are repeatedly asking to fix (Are these fixed ?):

5. Is the bluetooth auto connect problem solved ? - I use bluetooth headphones heavily so concerned.

6. Has the Internal external storage swap fixed ? I feel if internal storage is swapped with external then there might be problem when i restore all apps using Titanium Backup---I have 300 apps.

7. PC connectivity via USB cable--- will my storage drives appear on PC. I see that users are not happy with MTP way or so. Is the USB connectivity easy as Stock rom ?

8. Are Sim 1 and Sim 2 signal problems solved ?

9. Is the 'Exchange securiry bypass' module of Xposed working ?

10. Has the high notification volume error fixed while on phone call ?

11. Is the Radio/FM working ?

12. Could you add the features requested by me (Atharkhan101) in the link below? :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=1812#featureRequests

PLEASE PLEASE answer the questions POINT WISE. If the issues are not solved please tell it right away, its ok and acceptable. I like your efforts though :)

Last edited:

Atharkhan101

Dec 1, 2013
Hyderabad
Guys keep calm and wait. You will be notified when update comes.

Sent from my Mmx A210 using Tapatalk
NeroD Bro, it's a humble request if you could fix all these (check the link below) in next update or PureXperiaZ3 and make life easy of Canvas 4 users. May you stay healthy and live Happily. I prefer FUNCTIONALITIES over LOOKS on a Smartphone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=56681540

Last edited:

SWAP3093

Feb 12, 2014
MUMBAI
4 days to go pure xperia z3
bro pls don't spread rumours about the updates if you're not going to release any.....we do understand it takes time to give updates but atleast dont give false rumours bcz when you say such things we started hoping that we'll surely get next update & then it hurts after knowing that we won't get any..no Offence but please consider this as a request

Atharkhan101

Dec 1, 2013
Hyderabad
Please take PERFORMANCE seriously than only LOOKS --- no offence

Hello Friends,

I tried 3 claim to be best Roms for Canvas 4 listed below and each has problems:

I've been researching on wierd WiFi connectivity issue in almost all micormax CANVAS series phones. Below is the link:

Below are the things I'm not comfortable with each ROM:

MIUI V5 by Javajohn/Helloansuman:
Solved the above WiFi problem but Gravitybox is not compatible.

PureXperiaZ2 by NeroD:
1. Did not solved the WiFi problem
2. The USB connectivity MTP way is bad even the Mass Storage will show only Extenal SD card not internal.
3. The basic important feature of stock rom which is Sim 1, Sim 2 or Always ask is not there when you dial a number. In this ROM, before dialing the number we need to select Sim 1 or Sim2---it will not ask you WHILE dialing if you like to dial with Sim1 or Sim2.
4. I flashed the other roms after PureXperia but that PureXperia boot logo wont go---its kind of sticky how to delete that boot logo of PureXperia ?
5. What is the use of Movies app ? MX player offers more functions. Even the high end phones like Z2, Z3 consist of dumb apps and is not necessary that a best CUSTOM rom should include them.
6. How can the front camera be 8MP, while the rear is only 13 MP and many people consider Canvas 4 rear 13MP camera = 5MP Nokia Camera ? Seems interesting, explanation about 8MP front cam appreciated.

romBUZZ 1.5 by Pranjal:
Right now I'm with romBUZZ, but still the WiFi problem not solved. Please Pranjal take help from that MIUI developer and solve that internet problem.

UPDATE as of Dec 2 2014 :

I switched to Kitkat themed A210 rom as few things were not fixed in romBUZZ v1.6 (i mentioned in that thread). Hope the dev fix those issues.

Last edited:

NeroD

Feb 1, 2013
India
Hello,

I tried 3 claim to be best Roms for Canvas 4 listed below and each has problems:

I've been researching on wierd internet connectivity issue in almost all micormax CANVAS series phones. Below is the link:

Below are the things I'm not comforatble with each ROM:

MIUI V5 by Javajohn/Helloansuman:
Solved the above internet problem but Gravitybox is not compatible.

PureXperiaZ2 by NeroD:
1. Did not solved the internet problem
2. The USB connectivity MTP way is bad even the Mass Storage will show only Extenal SD card not internal.
3. The basic feature of stock rom which is Sim 1, Sim 2 or Always ask is not there when you dial a number. In this ROM, before dialing the number we need to select Sim 1 or Sim2---it will not ask you WHILE dialing if you like to dial with Sim1 or Sim2.
4. I flashed the other roms after PureXperia but that PureXperia boot logo wont go---its kind of sticky how to delete that boot logo of PureXperia ?
5. What is the use of Movies app ? MX player offers more functions .
6. How can the front camera be 8MP, while the rear is only 13 MP and many people consider Canvas 4 camera waste ? Seems interesting, explanation about 8MP front cam appreciated.

romBUZZ 1.5 by Pranjal:
Right now I'm with romBUZZ, but still the internet problem not solved. Please Pranjal take help from that MIUI developer and solve that internet problem.
Post repected reviews on that rom threads only. And may be the internet problem with your phone or carrier. Coz we dont face such problem. Rombuzz is based on stock rom so it cant have that bug. And movies app is from Xperia z2. So i have to add it. I cant make or port rom for you only. There are alot other users.. Boot logo patch already posted. You have lot other roms to use other than this, U can always switch. Peace.

Guys PureXperia Z3 may come this Christmas...

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone