*UPDATED* 6/26/2012 Motorola Razr/Maxx, Droid 4,HTC Rezound Will work on any GSM

Search This thread
I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to flash. There's currently no unlock for US GSM for the XT912 (AT&T, Tmobile, ect). The seem edit in the earlier posts about NV 1877 (if that's what you're referring to) only applied to the Bionic. There are a few people still drilling away at the XT912, and Droid 4 to try and find the location of the lockout. So far it's been unsuccessful, but anything is possible. If it can be found, it'll happen. It's just not obvious. Motorola did a great job at hiding it on this one.

Post linked in the OP suggests there is an unlock...

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium

queberican351

Dec 12, 2011
USA
Post linked in the OP suggests there is an unlock...

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium

It's my understanding he was mistaken. If you read a few more pages in he mentions that he lives close to the mexico border which leads to believe (by the account of others who live close to Canadian and Mexican borders) that he was roaming on international towers. He has since been unable to duplicate the scenario. The Title and all I know is quite misleading. Which leads me to believe we need a new thread for this Topic. Think I'll start one, thank you :)

srtandroid

Jul 29, 2012
It's my understanding he was mistaken. If you read a few more pages in he mentions that he lives close to the mexico border which leads to believe (by the account of others who live close to Canadian and Mexican borders) that he was roaming on international towers. He has since been unable to duplicate the scenario. The Title and all I know is quite misleading. Which leads me to believe we need a new thread for this Topic. Think I'll start one, thank you :)

well if you do start another thread please give us a link. ive been following this one for far too long to lose track now lol.

Eddyr17

Jul 23, 2012
USA
I can't get it to work ?

There are a few other steps like changing it to look for wcdma etc.
also the phone showing as xt910 is a build.prop edit which you should not worry about.

try these
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=25902932&postcount=114

this
I still have to *#*#4636#*#* after a fresh install to switch to "WCDMA Prefered" before the phone accepts my french "Free Mobile" APNs, but that's it. - source first post here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1623640

this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=25726913&postcount=89

I did all that and still no luck, for some reason i can't get my XT912 moto to work on t-mobile no Matter what procedures i use from the XDA forums.

SpottedEagle

Aug 21, 2009
Chapala
I have a rooted droid RAZR xt912 jellybean rooted I am able to do voice and text .I cannot get data internet access I have tried everything suggested so far I am in mexico using Telcel as my provider they have had my phone several times trying to figure out the problem with no luck.The 3g icon shows up grayed out when I have WiFi connection I also have a droid 3 .906 That phone has ended up on unefon without a sim card also does not get data internet. Any ideas out there of what I can do Tried Radiocomm but cannot get it to recognize my RAZR the last time I tried I could not boot into factory mode because there was no option to do that

drdreww

Jun 7, 2010
Might just need to change your APN settings to the information from your provider..

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

jmontalvo1

Dec 8, 2008
I had a XT912 in Colombia, I can talk and text but initially no data, I manually added the APN info (Tigo) and the now I have data but no Wifi Hotspot, so I install an apk called Wifi Tether from the Play Store. You need to be rooted and thats all. My Xt912 has data and share it via wifi.

raymond36136

Mar 18, 2008
Canton
Just a question. If Motorola and Verizon can lock us out on this phone, what prevented it on the razr hd? Is there something simple we are missing?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

tivoboy

Jan 11, 2007
Seems pretty crazy that a device, off contract and with all the right radios could not somehow be made to work in the USA... with either a custom ROM or an unlock code or something?

Mr-Glass

Aug 27, 2010
PEOPLE - The Razr - XT912 is not going to work on US GSM sim cards - only chance is if you live on a US border and are able to hit Mexico/Canada towers.. Please do your homework and read up here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2144335

Pretty crazy...read this thread...you may understand more about the problem.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2144335

Yeah you would think with the same link posted twice in five posts that people would read.... evidently not.. Kind of a no win situation - If the thread is deleted there will only be new threads.. just shaking my head that people cannot read, but they sure can type a question answered all too often..

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
It's an extremely complicated issue to understand and I have certainly asked myself the same question a few thousand times while working on it for the past 18 months, so I can definitely relate! ;)

As I have also said many times during that period, I would love to be proven wrong and have someone really go through all of this again and really examine it as closely as I have tried to do and understand the issues on a fundamental level and provide some true feedback and insight.

Unfortunately, that has never happened...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TBH Band Config Unlock zip Install for Razr

It's not "Magic code".

It is just a zip installation of the NVM edit using the updater-binary from an official OTA update.zip to write the 8 byte string for the band config to NV Item 1877.

The NVM is updated every time you get an OTA in order to increment the version numbers and dates. We just used the binary for our own needs.

So far, we have not had complete success with this on the D4 or Razr on stock hardware with T Mobile or ATT in the US. There appears to be a different form of lock in effect for domestic GSM carriers, because there are many reports of it working with international carriers, at least on D4.

There is a Chinese engineering ICS build that P3droid has running on his eng Razr and everything works out of the box with that radio image. It cannot be loaded on stock hardware unfortunately.
    We dumped the entire NVM from it and I have been going through it to find a potential solution. There are many differences in the NVM and it will take some time to work through them to determine their impact.

Edit: I have included the Razr version of the TBH band config zip files for those interested in testing this.

These files MUST be run from Razr bootstrap recovery and NOT Safestrap.
    The unlock zip writes the GSM band config string and the relock zip writes the stock string to revert if you need to for any reason.

They do no other modifications to the device and any build.prop edits or additional apns-conf.xml or system libs must be done manually if desired.

Please post back with any information regarding success or failure using these files, thanks!
    The files did not upload from my dropbox properly, sorry. I will have to reattach them from PC later.

Edit 2: I reuploaded the files. These have been tested on mine and P3droid's Razrs and should work fine.
    As people quickly discovered, the D4 files work on the Razr too, so you can use either. The binaries are compatible and the string is the same. The Chinese ICS build has a slightly altered string that you can also try in RadioComm if desired.
    The first 2 bytes are different: 8001E80400000200
    ***UPDATE 6/26/2012***

Ok, not all the info that I got before was 100% correct. It looks like RAZR / MAXX is unlocked only for Global(GSM) use which is outside of USA. The Tmobile and ATT sims are not fully working as of right now.

We have couple amazing Devs which are working to resolve this issue.

Please PM me if you want me to update the OP.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Bionic forum people found a way to activate disabled feature of couple 4g verizon phones to be able to use it on GSM networks.

Can someone test it please?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1297714

***UPDATE***

Follow this steps to make it work: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=25967009&postcount=118
    how did you do it , as in the steps and the carrier you used, att or tmo.
    assuming it's att as you are on 850 3g, also can you please post a pic for us.
    we will be so happy :)

Actually its pretty easy , no need of Radio Comm

I have a Moto CDMA XT912

Steps :

[optional] Flash this : ICS ROM > http://bit.ly/JW8j8w
    [optional] Flash this : GAPPS > http://bit.ly/JW7vAG

Flash this : GSM PATCH > http://bit.ly/JW7Hjd
    FLash this : "MAGIC code" lol > http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1048524&d=1336485537

Reboot , and done ! , you'll have GSM enabled [ all bands ]
    I am not giving up anyone. Right now still working on unlock for xt912 for my wife since she hates changing phones. Can't ask for anything better then a phone that can do both CDMA and gsm. We are planning a trip to Asia after the baby is born.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app
    From what I've gone through so far I can't seem to find anything in particular in any of the nv items that jumps out. I've tried comparative with a SIM card, without, all kinds of ways. Something that was brought to my attention is that even though this phone has the same radio chip, it has a seperate Lte on chip that the other razr's don't. I've found where in the bp.img the us frequencies are blocked. But it's not as simple as overwriting or rewriting the values as that still breaks the signature on the expected filesize check. I also found a value table when going through the mmcblk1 pull and I'm going to see if I can use that to manipulate the bp.img file. Who knows. Just finished my school reports so I got some free time tonight and tomorrow night. Anyone who's up late can through me a google+ chat "queberican351"

~SU!C!D3~ on Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

Oh, and the bp.img does reference 0F as a trigger for the 255 (Network ID) and 65535 (System ID) block. Maybe that's somewhere to start. But there are ALOT of locations in the NV dumps containing 0F

~SU!C!D3~ on Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

This is the values table I found. I don't know that it'll help us but anyone who knows a lil sum'n sum'n to do with this here you go.

0 = NULL
    1 = 38.4
    2 = 76.8
    3 = 153.6
    4 = 307.2 short
    5 = 307.2 long
    6 = 614.4 short
    7 = 614.4 long
    8 = 921.6
    9 = 1228.8 short
    A = 1228.8 long
    B = 1843.2
    C = 2457.6
    D = 1536.0
    E = 3072.0
    F = VarRateNonOverride
    10 = 460.8
    11 = 614.4 (4slot)
    12 = 768.0
    13 = 921.6 (4slot)
    14 = 1075.2
    15 = 1228.8 (4slot)
    16 = 1843.2 (2slot)
    17 = 2150.4
    18 = 2457.6 (2slot)
    19 = 3686.4
    1A = 4300.8
    1B = 4915.2

I also found that NV_ITEM_8044 listed Unknown acts as an NV-READ_COUNTER
    Every time I read it's value the 2nd byte goes up 01,02,03 progressively.