• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Updated-aku-3 Roms V2 For Htc-wizard 3.3.0.0

Search This thread

faria

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Feb 24, 2006
Jersey
OK, here's the scoop:

This ROM is to be considered BETA, it is provided as is.

It is the real deal, Windows Mobile 5 AKU 3.3 OS Rom.There are no IPL, SP
ALL DEVICES DO NEED to be CID Unlocked IN ORDER TO INSTALL THIS ROM

BE SURE YOU ALREADY HAVE 2.x IPL/SPL & RADIO ROM ON YOUR DEVICE BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM.

ALL Applications and installers are integrated directly into the Rom so G4 Users can use this one without problems. The Extended Rom does have a Carrier Settings Utility and a couple of extras but nothing that is critical to the operation of the Rom. If you have a G4 which won't allow the Extended Rom to write don't worry you will be fine.

THE ORIGINAL ROM WAS made by : Faria, Molski, Dr Puttingham, rkwhyte2, Kyphur.

Any posts in this thread asking about CID unlocking WILL BE MODERATED.

The Features of this ROM:
REGISTRY:
Performance tweaks
Clear type On
GPS icon activated
GPS fix for additional com ports
Java support for certain web pages
999 emergency supports
Always show time in the top bar
Lunar view in calendar
BT stereo activated
Smart dialling activated
Time page in phone setting
V-card thru SMS supported
Improved clear type font
Media player set to repeat and random plus full volume
Full volume in phone and media player
APPLICATIONS:
TOTALLY NEW Version of Arc-Soft MMS
Recent Documents Auto Cleaner
Java Midlet Manager
Windows Live
* Live messenger
* Live search
HTC taskbar
Media Streamer
Dot NET Compact Framework 2
Macro media flash 7
New SIM Manager
Ringtone manager
Adobe reader
BT sim contacts
Contacts Backup
Contacts Manager
New Camera Module
New Comm Manager
Pocket RAR
New BT stereo profile (yes working A2DP)
More wireless security profiles supported
Battery status
LVM Time
Redial App
Smartskey
SMS Backup
Screen Rotate
Core player with all the codec’s
Total Commander
Task Manager
Mobile Secretary
New Menu for WM5
GB-Soft Tweak
CROSSBOW ENHANCEMENTS:
Crossbow Theme
Crossbow Dialler Skin (Updated with Moski Colour Fix)-Crossbow Media Player-Crossbow Icons-
And now the warnings:
Use this thread wisely, No CID Unlocking or how do I flash this Rom questions. If you don't know this already then you need to read before attempting to flash any Rom.

Change log for v2 roms
Welcome screen bypassed except time zone
Fixed smartdialer
Fixed auto complete in messaging
Registry wizard added to the control panel
Memory app added to the tray
New reboot app [less resources]
Clea type in landscape
Removed today agenda
New splash
New htc logo
Cleaner program layout
Smart dialling 2.2 [downgraded due to incompatibility issue]
Wireless 54g support
Obex on
Support for audio/video
3g2="video"
mp3d="audio"
aac="audio"
qcp="audio"

And best of all there is a choice of page poll 8mb 6mb and 4mb roms,note that the lower the page pool the more ram you will have but performance will decrease.
For ram freaks I may be inclined to post a rom with 2mb page poll! But bear in mind that you may miss 1 year of phone calls before the device rebbots.ehe

A special thanks goes to Bepe and Risidoro for helping with the page poll business.

Credit also goes to everyone that created the freeware software included in the rom ,and also everyone that helped testing the rom.

Download

8mb page pool rom here
6mb page pool rom here
4mb page pool rom here

patches
download patch here

Known Issues with this ROM:
please refer to the wiki page below for solutions before posting
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...name=faria_3_3

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................
OPERATION:

Ram will decrease 2-4mb upon inserting SD card , this is due to the high performance of the rom .

faria

Last edited:

cyberdrakula

Oct 24, 2005
New York
Cool will download as soon as I write this and test it.

Loved the first version and the SMS auto complete in SMS help speed up messaging by a few seconds. :)

Thanks for all your work guys !

******* WAS WONDERING WHY I COULD NOT DOWNLOAD IT! HEHEHE STILL UPLOADING I SEE ! :D

******** JUST LOADED IT! LOVE THE SPLASH SCREEN! NOW LET ME GO THROUGH THE SETUP.

********** Loaded, Tested and configured. Had to reset after everything that I needed to add was added as it was kinda laggin. Love it. Great Job Guys !

I AM USING THE 8MB version !

Last edited:

ClassicalDonkey

May 5, 2006
Leeds
A***** ROM!!!! Good rom faria got it and it is so much better!

Good to see the the 4Mb is uploading now!! that is the one i want!

And a BIG Merci

Last edited:

ClassicalDonkey

May 5, 2006
Leeds
was this not fixed in the update of the last one? Cus they both already worked for me!

Fixed smartdialer
Fixed auto complete in messaging

Good to see that the re-set after the first boot does not happen anymore for me!!! would have to re-sewt 2 times before it would get go!!! A********

Last edited:

bhayani

Page Pool

Faria
Thanks for this rom, I really liked the first one but soem of the problems were too much to live with and I was very close to going back to one of the earlier ones.

I dont know much about page pools but from the first post here you say a smaller page pool the less performance.

Why would anyone want less performance and more ram? what is the benefit of more ram?
Thanks again
I have just downloaded and will no doubt spend the next few hours salivating.

Bhayani

Flexer

Dec 31, 2006
London
as far as i know ther is no audio issue.....have you tested with another rom?

Yep.. To be specific I didn't have any audio bug, was happy.. Until i received a call.. Then audio from the player came out.. And it's the same every time :(
After soft reset audio is OK.. After a call - everyone hears my music and calls.. BTW. This is with headphones plugged in, on G4 (

masr1979

Apr 5, 2006
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
Glad to hear the about the page pool guys, about the sd booting slower I guess that's why in the previous rom all the shortcuts I had for apps on the start menu that were installed on the sd would have blank icons.

Also registry wizard already installed? genious guys, pure and simple genious. Word of advice though, since registry wizard won't recognize the AKU version it won't dissable some options that you shouldn't play with, namely on "TWEAKS 2" page "Taskbar Date/Time" be sure to uncheck that as it will be checked by default and if you apply that tweak the area where the clock is of your taskbar will probably get screwed up. I know of at least that one, I pretty much use all the other ones with no problems.

Anyways can't wait to play with the proper versions of these roms (I had installed the one with the broken TCMP, but before I said anything Faria had already noticed and was already reuploading the fix..... what a guy)

DoctorT

Jan 11, 2006
Faria
Thanks for this rom, I really liked the first one but soem of the problems were too much to live with and I was very close to going back to one of the earlier ones.

I dont know much about page pools but from the first post here you say a smaller page pool the less performance.

Why would anyone want less performance and more ram? what is the benefit of more ram?
Thanks again
I have just downloaded and will no doubt spend the next few hours salivating.

Bhayani

from the WM blog:

The Page Pool
Applications use RAM in two ways. There is code that runs, and there is data that is created while it is running. On a NOR device, the code can run directly from the ROM and not be loaded into RAM first. This process is called XIP (eXecute In Place). NAND devices can't XIP, so their code is loaded into RAM and executed from there. If you don't have a Page Pool, this code is loaded into normal RAM. The Page Pool is a mechanism to limit how much code is loaded into normal RAM. With a Page Pool, we can unload code that hasn't been used in a while and reload it later if we need to. We can't do that without a Page Pool.

Even after reading that it is still not clear what the paging pool is used for - can't understand why it increases performance!? Does anybody have a better description - didn't find anything when googling... :(

How I understand the explanation: if there is no page pool at all then all the started apps will go into RAM and reside there. With a page pool code that is "not needed" at the moment will be unloaded and reloaded (from NAND) later. But then - where is the performance boost??

Last edited:

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
Tried downloading about 5 times so far and it bombs out right at the end?

Is it just the amount of people trying to download it simultaneously :confused:

Andy

rpodos

Aug 19, 2006
NYC
from the WM blog:
Even after reading that it is still not clear what the paging pool is used for - can't understand why it increases performance!? Does anybody have a better description - didn't find anything when googling... :(

How I understand the explanation: if there is no page pool at all then all the started apps will go into RAM and reside there. With a page pool code that is "not needed" at the moment will be unloaded and reloaded (from NAND) later. But then - where is the performance boost??

I'm no programmer, but it sounds quite a lot like the use of Virtual RAM back in the day of DOS and whatever the heck they called RAM between 640-1024K. The bigger the 'window' for swapping non-current data between RAM and a HDD, the better the speed performance.... I remember that there was also a king of tipping point, below which swapping was effectively one-way, and above which it was effectively two-way.

rpodos

Aug 19, 2006
NYC
Regardless of how page pooling actually works, are there any guidelines or rules of thumb for page pool size versus free program memory after soft reset?

(While I'm not a "RAM hog", I do prefer more than less, as I live with MSVC, emoze, and sometimes a GPS app)

DoctorT

Jan 11, 2006
are there any guidelines or rules of thumb for page pool size versus free program memory after soft reset?

mmmhhh - let me guess - 1MB less PP means 1MB more free RAM... ;)

But I still don't understand the sense of a PP - on a desktop the page file is just needed if you don't have enough RAM - it doesn't boost the performance, just let's you run more apps at once if you just have little RAM (BTW, yesterday I saw a PC with 128MB RAM which was running WinXP - unbelievable...)...