Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

krish997

Jul 12, 2016
Albus blank flash

I have hardbricked my device and I'm on Albus blank flash as Potter blank flash isn't working will I still be able to relock my bootloader using this method?:confused:

bhanuchowdary

Sep 30, 2010
Abu Dhbai
seeing failures at some fastboot commands

Hi I am seeing failed messages from script for couple of commands, just want to know is it ok getting failed messages at those commands??
below are the commands which i am seeing failed massage from fastboot command

D:\Moto_G5_Stock_Firmware\Potter>fastboot erase customize
(bootloader) slot-count: not found
(bootloader) slot-suffixes: not found
(bootloader) has-slot:customize: not found
erasing 'customize'...
(bootloader) Permission denied
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.009s

D:\Moto_G5_Stock_Firmware\Potter>fastboot erase customize
(bootloader) slot-count: not found
(bootloader) has-slot:customize: not found
erasing 'customize'...
(bootloader) Permission denied
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.020s

FAILED to relock bootloader

Hi,
the procedure to relock the bootloader failed because it requires signed boot.img. I'm just wondering, should I wait and install the first OTA I get to get the relocking procedure positive? Because if I install newer OTA from Motorola, it will have signed boot.img for sure.
Hope anyone could answer me

mogulmongler

Jun 11, 2008
XT1687 Amazon Bootloader

Just wanted to confirm and make sure that the Amazon XT1687 version still cannot be unlocked.

wiceqq

Apr 17, 2011
How do I compare values of GPT and bootloader partitions to get to know that I won't downgrade them while flashing?

aedren

Mar 5, 2013
Guys would this be the correct firmware for the g5 plus xt1687 us version? I got it from the motorola firmware Android file host https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329059783

The full US non-Amazon retail ROM version succession was like this for my XT1687:
NPN25.137-33 (came stock)
NPNS25.137-33-5 (first OTA offered after SIM card inserted, prior to SIM card it said no updates)
NPN25.137-83 (second OTA offered, also the version that you linked)

I'm currently on NPNS25.137-33-5 with ElementalX 1.02 kernel. This is my daily driver, and I have SafetyNet passing with regular install of Magisk v14.0.

I saw a couple posts that -83 isn't rootable yet. Last time I looked at updating was over a week ago, and there's tons of bad/misleading information (like this OP) on this device's forum for some reason. I haven't dealt with this quantity of bad info for other devices on XDA. Basically root could be working fine, who knows.

If you try the new version, I'd recommend trying it paired with the newest ElementalX 2.02 kernel because that was built on top of the NPN25.137-83 sources

Reactions: Tech_Savvy

Outfield303

Nov 6, 2016
The full US non-Amazon retail ROM version succession was like this for my XT1687:
NPN25.137-33 (came stock)
NPNS25.137-33-5 (first OTA offered after SIM card inserted, prior to SIM card it said no updates)
NPN25.137-83 (second OTA offered, also the version that you linked)

I'm currently on NPNS25.137-33-5 with ElementalX 1.02 kernel. This is my daily driver, and I have SafetyNet passing with regular install of Magisk v14.0.

I saw a couple posts that -83 isn't rootable yet. Last time I looked at updating was over a week ago, and there's tons of bad/misleading information on this device's forum for some reason. I haven't dealt with this quantity of bad info for other devices on XDA. Basically root could be working fine, who knows.

If you try the new version, I'd recommend trying it paired with the newest ElementalX 2.02 kernel because that was built on top of the NPN25.137-83 sources
I'm really sorry for haven't updating link, cuz right now I have Indian variant of this device and I don't have any resource to get instant info for OTA's for other variants when OTAs are out. Motorola has done really bad job for this, they should release single OTA for all devices so we won't confuse which one to flash :(
But now I've updated the links..

Last edited:

Tech_Savvy

May 8, 2014
watertown
OnePlus 7T
I'm really sorry for haven't updating link, cuz right now I have Indian variant of this device and I don't have any resource to get instant info for OTA's for other variants when OTAs are out. Motorola has done really bad job for this, they should release single OTA for all devices so we won't confuse which one to flash :(
Did u see this
you could even spoon feed us all some more:)

edit, i did heres the bat file if want to look it over for a automated process

Attachments

• flashfilebat.zip
    449 bytes · Views: 55
Last edited:

aedren

Mar 5, 2013

I appreciate the effort to maintain a list of different firmwares for various models of a phone. However, there is still misleading/wrong information in your OP. For example, I stated that my information was for the non-Amazon version, yet you've listed it for the Amazon version and you don't list any non-Amazon version at all despite the tag [ALL VARIANTS].

Additionally, a tag in the thread title like [Updated] would be much more helpful if you included the date that it was updated: [Updated 2017-11-16] for example. Yes, this is also listed by the forum at the bottom of the actual post, but seeing the date in the title makes it much easier when scanning the thread list to know which has the latest information. Also, why are you hiding all the links behind Google URL shortening?

And while I agree with you that Motorola does not provide clear information, it's understandable that they want to offer devices tailored to specific markets, and then software that matches those devices. For example, your Indian variant has NFC and my US model does not have NFC. I'm glad that they don't ship me a ROM that offers NFC switches for my model, and I'm sure you appreciate that your version of the ROM includes NFC switches.

Let's all work together to make sure that the information provided is clear and accessible :good:

Reactions: Outfield303

Outfield303

Nov 6, 2016
I appreciate the effort to maintain a list of different firmwares for various models of a phone. However, there is still misleading/wrong information in your OP. For example, I stated that my information was for the non-Amazon version, yet you've listed it for the Amazon version and you don't list any non-Amazon version at all despite the tag [ALL VARIANTS].

Additionally, a tag in the thread title like [Updated] would be much more helpful if you included the date that it was updated: [Updated 2017-11-16] for example. Yes, this is also listed by the forum at the bottom of the actual post, but seeing the date in the title makes it much easier when scanning the thread list to know which has the latest information. Also, why are you hiding all the links behind Google URL shortening?

And while I agree with you that Motorola does not provide clear information, it's understandable that they want to offer devices tailored to specific markets, and then software that matches those devices. For example, your Indian variant has NFC and my US model does not have NFC. I'm glad that they don't ship me a ROM that offers NFC switches for my model, and I'm sure you appreciate that your version of the ROM includes NFC switches.

Let's all work together to make sure that the information provided is clear and accessible :good:

Yeah, I updated the OP as you mentioned, But I can't add the date in title, because there are lots of different firmware which have different dates :mad:
which will make these firmeares more confusing! thats why I am not adding dates..
and I am using google short-links because those are very huge URL's so I have to use short link, but google short-links don't have ads, I am not getting any revenue from it,
and I also added non amazon variant device in OP, and I added the flash Script in OP too by Tech_Savvy with some little minor changes..

Last edited:
Reactions: Smeagal192

wiceqq

Apr 17, 2011
How do I compare values of GPT and bootloader partitions to get to know that I won't downgrade them while flashing and end up with a hardbrick?
Please help, I want to go back to stock from RR custom that i got on the phone when bought from a guy.

fr3d0x

May 7, 2009
can i install this to my 1680 single sim?
XT1681-XT1683_POTTER_BRASIL_LATAM_MEXICO_NPN25.137-15_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip

PSMDRT

Oct 26, 2017
Disclaimer :
Code:
 I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
 YOU are choosing to make these modifications,
 and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 and[COLOR="Red"] I am also not responsible for anything happens as a result of flashing these files[/COLOR]

Hey Guys,
Here are the Stock Firmwares for potter

Lets Proceed :

1) Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120698566

2) Extract stock firmware zip

3) Now copy all the stuff that is in this zip into the folder where you extract the firmware.

4) Turn on ADB debugging from dev options menu and use 'adb reboot-bootloader' (Without quotes) in cmd to reboot your phone into boot-loader mode

5) Open the extracted firmware folder then press SHIFT+right click in the folder where you extract the firmware and select 'open command window here' option

6) and then Paste the following commands and hit Enter :

Code:
fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
fastboot flash oem oem.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase customize
fastboot erase clogo
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
fastboot reboot

This Script will not Re-Lock Your Boot-loader

But if you want to Re-lock your bootloader, then use the following commands: (Thanks to @Nirbhay2 and @aSaro12)
Code:
fastboot oem lock
fastboot oem lock
fastboot oem lock
And After Flashing it Please Re-flash the whole firmware again :
Code:
fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase customize
fastboot erase clogo
fastboot reboot
But if you Don't want to do it manually, Here's the automated BAT script for you;
Just copy and paste it to the extracted folder (Thanks to @Tech_Savvy) : Download Here
This Script will not Re-lock the Boot-loader

----

You can Skip GPT and Boot-loader Partitions if you want
But Keep in mind that You Cannot DOWNGRADE These 2 Partitions
And if you try to do so, then you'll Possibly end up with HardBrick
You will need the appropriate version of the firmware according to your device version
SO PROCEED WITH CAUTION

Firmware Download Links :

1) NPN25.137-67-5 for XT1686 (Indian Varient)
Download Directly from Motorola Servers
Mirror 1 -pCloud
Mirror 2 -Google Drive
Mirror 3 -Dropbox
---
2) NPN25.137-35-5 for all Amazon (US) variants : Download
and for the Non-Amazon Variants NPN25.137-83 : Download
---
3) NPNS25.137-35-5 for Retail GB varient (Thanks to skooter32 for info) Model no: N/A
Download
---
4) NPN25.137-15 for Brazil-Mexico varient (XT1681 - XT1683)
Download
-----

Choose Carefully which one to flash

Special Thanks to rikk and @anuraag.neo For Capturing Indian varient zip!​
Hit Thanks:good: if I Helped You

Hi, I got stuck at 4th point here, which is "Turn on ADB debugging from dev options menu and use 'adb reboot-bootloader' (Without quotes) in cmd to reboot your phone into boot-loader mode".

How do I turn my ADB debugging on as my mobile is soft bricked [bootloop issue]? Is there any way I can do this when my phone is in fastboot mode?

Thanks in advance.

Outfield303

Nov 6, 2016
Hi, I got stuck at 4th point here, which is "Turn on ADB debugging from dev options menu and use 'adb reboot-bootloader' (Without quotes) in cmd to reboot your phone into boot-loader mode".

How do I turn my ADB debugging on as my mobile is soft bricked [bootloop issue]? Is there any way I can do this when my phone is in fastboot mode?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, if your phone is soft-bricked then just hold vol down and power button for about 2-3 min;
it will automatically reboot into boot-loader mode and second, Please don't quote whole OP, it totally fills up the screen;
if you want to mention someone then just use '@' followed by his username for eg @siddhesh9146

Reactions: PSMDRT

PSMDRT

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, if your phone is soft-bricked then just hold vol down and power button for about 2-3 min;
it will automatically reboot into boot-loader mode and second, Please don't quote whole OP, it totally fills up the screen;
if you want to mention someone then just use '@' followed by his username for eg @siddhesh9146

Thanks, bro. However, I could go to fastboot mode. But, my request was to know how I could turn ADB debugging on as my mobile is soft bricked. Is there any way I can do this when my phone is in fastboot mode using commands?

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

Also.

adb reboot-bootloader gives the following output:
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: no devices/emulators found

fastboot devices gives the following output:
ZY223Z7XPX fastboot

Please say where I am committing the mistake.

psychopac

Sep 12, 2012
New Delhi
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G5 Plus
Thanks, bro. However, I could go to fastboot mode. But, my request was to know how I could turn ADB debugging on as my mobile is soft bricked. Is there any way I can do this when my phone is in fastboot mode using commands?

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

Also.

adb reboot-bootloader gives the following output:
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: no devices/emulators found

fastboot devices gives the following output:
ZY223Z7XPX fastboot

Please say where I am committing the mistake.
If you can get into fastboot, have you tried to flash the fastboot ROM? I can see from the console output that you are able to get into fastboot and your device also being successful detected by your computer

Reactions: PSMDRT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer :
    Code:
     I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
     YOU are choosing to make these modifications,
     and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     and[COLOR="Red"] I am also not responsible for anything happens as a result of flashing these files[/COLOR]

Hey Guys,
    Here are the Stock Firmwares for potter

Lets Proceed :

1) Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120698566

2) Extract stock firmware zip

3) Now copy all the stuff that is in this zip into the folder where you extract the firmware.

4) Turn on ADB debugging from dev options menu and use 'adb reboot-bootloader' (Without quotes) in cmd to reboot your phone into boot-loader mode

5) Open the extracted firmware folder then press SHIFT+right click in the folder where you extract the firmware and select 'open command window here' option

6) and then Paste the following commands and hit Enter :

Code:
    fastboot oem fb_mode_set
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase customize
    fastboot erase clogo
    fastboot reboot

This Script will not Re-Lock Your Boot-loader

But if you want to Re-lock your bootloader, then use the following commands: (Thanks to @Nirbhay2 and @aSaro12)
    Code:
    fastboot oem lock
    fastboot oem lock
    fastboot oem lock
    And After Flashing it Please Re-flash the whole firmware again :
    Code:
    fastboot oem fb_mode_set
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase customize
    fastboot erase clogo
    fastboot reboot
    But if you Don't want to do it manually, Here's the automated BAT script for you;
    Just copy and paste it to the extracted folder (Thanks to @Tech_Savvy) : Download Here
    This Script will not Re-lock the Boot-loader

----

You can Skip GPT and Boot-loader Partitions if you want
    But Keep in mind that You Cannot DOWNGRADE These 2 Partitions
    And if you try to do so, then you'll Possibly end up with HardBrick
    You will need the appropriate version of the firmware according to your device version
    SO PROCEED WITH CAUTION

Firmware Download Links :

1) NPN25.137-67-5 for XT1686 (Indian Varient)
    Download Directly from Motorola Servers
    Mirror 1 -pCloud
    Mirror 2 -Google Drive
    Mirror 3 -Dropbox
    ---
    2) NPN25.137-35-5 for all Amazon (US) variants : Link N/A
    and NPNS25.137-83 for Non-US Amazon Variant : Link N/A
    and for the Non-Amazon Variants NPN25.137-83 : Link N/A
    ---
    3) NPNS25.137-35-5 for Retail GB varient (Thanks to skooter32 for info) Link N/A
    And NPN25.137-83 : Link N/A
    ---
    4) NPN25.137-15 for Brazil-Mexico varient (XT1681 - XT1683) Link N/A
    -----

Choose Carefully which one to flash

Special Thanks to rikk and @anuraag.neo For Capturing Indian varient zip!​
    if you like my work then please hit that THANKS ? Button!
    I got my phone hardbrick once. However after looking different forums and trying out things my phone came back to life. But when i try to flash stock rom, i just can't flash it as it keeps on saying can't downgrade. If i skip those 2 gpt and bootloader, can i flash the stock rom? Currently i am using twrp flashed firmware.

You should be okay to flash the stock ROM without flashing GPT and bootloader, however I would suggest do not accept OTA updates. Accepting OTA updates whilst having a bootloader of a different patch level or from a different device (as in the unbrick guide) might hard brick you again. OTA updates are only suitable for devices that have the bootloader and system at the same patch level.

Else, I'd suggest flashing a newer TWRP flashable firmware build, as these don't generally affect your bootloader and there appears to be a NPN25.137-67-5 build https://xdaforums.com/g5-plus/development/rom-twrp-flashable-stock-builds-t3675616
    currently i am on resurrection remix nougat android -7.1.2_r24 - NJH47D , kernal 3.18.62-lineage-g86cdbd9, device model XT1686. can i flash this firmware? i am downloading NPN25.137-67-5 for XT1686 (Indian Varient). i am from INDIA.

Yes, you can Flash the following firmware :

This work on xt1687?

Don't think so, the XT1687 should be the US variant of the G5 Plus, and the NPN25.137-67-5 is the Indian ROM.

You probably want to look for the NPN25.137-83 stock ROM.
    Thread closed at the request of the OP