[UPDATED GUIDE] [BOOTLOADER UNLOCK] Huawei p8 lite 2017 (pra-lx1)

Search This thread

pitrazzu

Feb 28, 2013
fagnano castello
This guide is the only one made and tested personally by me, I am not responsible for malfunctions or any damage to the device, carefully read every single step and everything will be successful
emo_laughing.png

[ATTENTION]: Before proceeding, save all your data on your computer and REMOVE ANY KIND OF UNLOCKING (sequence, pin, fingerprint etc ..); remove the sim and the microSD; get a microSD, at least 3/4 giga, where you can upload the files necessary for the procedure.

[NECESSARY CONDITIONS]: Starting from emui 8; have the cell phone charged to 100%; bootloader unlocked and the only procedure I know and working is the one I propose in the guide, the code is obtained by paying 4 €/$, THERE ARE NO FREE ALTERNATIVES.

[PREREQUISITES]: Download -> HiSuite , Dc-Unlocker
At this point we create a folder on the desktop and we will call it ANDROID1O to have a reference point and we will extract the folder contained in the dc-unlocker archive. Once the folder has been extracted, install adb and fastboot in order. At this point we can also install HiSuite.

[PROCEDURE]

[DOWNGRADE] In
order for dc-unlocker to read the bootloader code it is necessary to go back to an older version of android, so let's proceed as follows:
(1) We connect the mobile phone to the computer and start HiSuite, in some cases it will start automatically, and we follow the procedure that will be shown to us to enable debugging. If you have followed everything correctly HiSuite will read your device without problems.
(2) Remaining on HiSuite, click on the UPDATE SYSTEM item, a window will appear, at this point we can press on PREVIOUS VERSION (now I don't remember the precise wording) and we can start the downgrade. It will take a while.
(3) At the end of the downgrade we can start the mobile phone by skipping and ignoring the various configurations by putting the language in Italian as a matter of practicality, let's move on to the next step

[GET BOOTLOADER CODE]
(1) We go to the system settings ---> information ----> we do many taps until the message "now you are a developer" appears ----> we go back ----> developer options and activate usb debugging.
(2) Let's go to HiSuite and in the settings located at the top right we remove the check mark under "Start when it connects to the device" and close it.
(3) We buy the credits to read the bootloader code from https://www.dc-unlocker.com/buy in this way:
- We select the payment method
- We leave "new user account"
- We enter a username that we like it
- We enter an e-mail address to which we can easily access, here we will be sent the credentials to be able to access dc-ulocker
- We enter 4 in the credits box and then type on confirm
- If everything went well, the screen will appear with the credentials and you will receive a copy on the email
(We now have the necessary credits to be able to read the unlock code)
(4) Let's go back to the folder created on the desktop and start dc-unlocker and clicking on the SERVER item we enter the credentials obtained on the site
(5) At this point in the drop-down at the top left we look for the item HUAWEI PHONES
(6) A guide will appear that in any case I will report here:
- In the call keypad type the following combination * # * # 2846579 # * # *
- Press on MANUFACTURE MODE
(7) We can connect the mobile phone and press on the magnifying glass we see on dc-unlocker and if we have done everything correctly the program it will detect our mobile phone
(8) When the phone has been recognized we go to the UNLOCKING section and press on READ BOOTLOADER CODE, if we have done everything correctly we will get a code that we will enter somewhere so as not to lose it, we will need it later
(I leave you the video dc-unlocker official guide on how to unlock bootloader if you have any doubts ---> Help
(9) We disconnect the mobile phone from the computer
(10) After writing down the bootloader code we can close dc-unlocker, connect the mobile phone to a wifi network and search for system updates to return to the latest version of android and therefore to emui8,
if no updates appear, we try to force them by going to settings, wifi, press and hold on the wifi to which we are connected, modify, check advanced options, press on proxy, manual,
in proxy hostname we write localhost and in the port we write 8080 , we press on connect and if we return to the updates item it should find the most recent version. At this point we can update the mobile phone to the most recent version.

[BOOTLOADER UNLOCK]
(1) After returning to the most recent version of android we turn on the mobile phone
(2) We go to the system settings ---> information ----> do many taps until the message "you are now a developer "----> go back ----> developer options and activate the usb debug and the active voice unlock manufacturer
(3) We connect the mobile phone to the computer, press on transfer files, go back to the developer settings and activate the debug , at this point the mobile will ask us to give permissions to our computer and we confirm
(4) Let's go back to the desktop and at the top right click on file, open windows powershell, open windows poweshell as administrator and click on yes
(5) We type the command "adb devices" (write it without quotes), we wait for the end of the 'execution of the command and type again the command "adb devices" (without quotes)
and so we will see a number that corresponds to our mobile phone
(6) We give the command "adb reboot bootloader" (without quotes) and we send
(7) The mobile phone will start in a white screen with an android, the important thing is that two written in red appear with the words PHONE Unlocked and FRP Unlock
(8) From the Widows poweshell screen opened previously we give the command "fastboot oem unlock CODICEBOOTLOADER" (without quotation marks) (CODICEBOOTLOADER refers to the code obtained with Dc-Unlocker) and press on
enter (9) On the cellualre a warning will appear, press once the volume up key and then the power key to confirm the unlocking of the bootloader
(10) When the procedure is finished, it will take very little time, we give the command "fastboot reboot" (without quotes) and when the mobile phone screen it will go black we unplug it
(11) The cellualre will restart a couple of times with a white and other yellow writing, let it go, it will be returned to the factory settings and we will just have to skip all the configuration procedures but set the language in Italian
Finally the bootloader is unlocked!

Last edited:

Junkilito

Apr 12, 2018
Here is a free alternative to DC-UNLOCKER

I've unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP on my wife's phone (emui 8 up to date dec 2020)

Here is the program : Potato NV
Follow these instructions : PotatoNV - wiki

To find where the testpoint is located search for pralx1 STF testpoint on your favourite internet search engine.

PS : By the way, the understanding of how it works goes way beyond my technical skills...

gabefufezan

Mar 27, 2021

I've unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP on my wife's phone (emui 8 up to date dec 2020)

To find where the testpoint is located search for pralx1 STF testpoint on your favourite internet search engine.

PS : By the way, the understanding of how it works goes way beyond my technical skills...
And that means I no longer need to downgrade?

florstat

Nov 27, 2018
So that means the tool is unefficient?
I tried but It didn't work. Unfortunately I had an aplhanumeric code despite that my device was european, and this made impossible the task to find the code ( it would take millions of years to do a minimum percentage of combinations ).
I found it using PotatoNV, it adds the difficult part to disassemble the phone but it is very efficient.

florstat

Nov 27, 2018
It is not supposed to happen this way. You have to see something like "fastboot error: wrong password", so you're probably missing some permissions.
Anyway unless you have a numeric code there is virtually zero chance to find it in that way.
In my case I ran the script and in ~4 hours it tried all the numeric codes supposed to fit with my imei, but with no success. Later I discovered that my code was alphanumeric.

alex27riva

May 19, 2012
OnePlus 6
Hi everyone, I've just obtained te bootloader code, but now I'm stuck on EMUI 5.0.3, there are no updates available.
I tried forcing it but nothing changes..

(10) After writing down the bootloader code we can close dc-unlocker, connect the mobile phone to a wifi network and search for system updates to return to the latest version of android and therefore to emui8,
if no updates appear, we try to force them by going to settings, wifi, press and hold on the wifi to which we are connected, modify, check advanced options, press on proxy, manual,
in proxy hostname we write localhost and in the port we write 8080 , we press on connect and if we return to the updates item it should find the most recent version. At this point we can update the mobile phone to the most recent version.

Hello, i'm stuck at this step, i'm back at EMUI 5.0.3 and when i check for update it tells me "no updates"

Jan 6, 2022
Worked for me (PRA-LX1) !!
So easy, except from potatoNV (didn't try back panel is broken, as a result I cannot open my phone) all other free solutions have not worked for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This guide is the only one made and tested personally by me, I am not responsible for malfunctions or any damage to the device, carefully read every single step and everything will be successful
    emo_laughing.png

[ATTENTION]: Before proceeding, save all your data on your computer and REMOVE ANY KIND OF UNLOCKING (sequence, pin, fingerprint etc ..); remove the sim and the microSD; get a microSD, at least 3/4 giga, where you can upload the files necessary for the procedure.

[NECESSARY CONDITIONS]: Starting from emui 8; have the cell phone charged to 100%; bootloader unlocked and the only procedure I know and working is the one I propose in the guide, the code is obtained by paying 4 €/$, THERE ARE NO FREE ALTERNATIVES.

[PREREQUISITES]: Download -> HiSuite , Dc-Unlocker
    At this point we create a folder on the desktop and we will call it ANDROID1O to have a reference point and we will extract the folder contained in the dc-unlocker archive. Once the folder has been extracted, install adb and fastboot in order. At this point we can also install HiSuite.

[PROCEDURE]

[DOWNGRADE] In
    order for dc-unlocker to read the bootloader code it is necessary to go back to an older version of android, so let's proceed as follows:
    (1) We connect the mobile phone to the computer and start HiSuite, in some cases it will start automatically, and we follow the procedure that will be shown to us to enable debugging. If you have followed everything correctly HiSuite will read your device without problems.
    (2) Remaining on HiSuite, click on the UPDATE SYSTEM item, a window will appear, at this point we can press on PREVIOUS VERSION (now I don't remember the precise wording) and we can start the downgrade. It will take a while.
    (3) At the end of the downgrade we can start the mobile phone by skipping and ignoring the various configurations by putting the language in Italian as a matter of practicality, let's move on to the next step

[GET BOOTLOADER CODE]
    (1) We go to the system settings ---> information ----> we do many taps until the message "now you are a developer" appears ----> we go back ----> developer options and activate usb debugging.
    (2) Let's go to HiSuite and in the settings located at the top right we remove the check mark under "Start when it connects to the device" and close it.
    (3) We buy the credits to read the bootloader code from https://www.dc-unlocker.com/buy in this way:
    - We select the payment method
    - We leave "new user account"
    - We enter a username that we like it
    - We enter an e-mail address to which we can easily access, here we will be sent the credentials to be able to access dc-ulocker
    - We enter 4 in the credits box and then type on confirm
    - If everything went well, the screen will appear with the credentials and you will receive a copy on the email
    (We now have the necessary credits to be able to read the unlock code)
    (4) Let's go back to the folder created on the desktop and start dc-unlocker and clicking on the SERVER item we enter the credentials obtained on the site
    (5) At this point in the drop-down at the top left we look for the item HUAWEI PHONES
    (6) A guide will appear that in any case I will report here:
    - In the call keypad type the following combination * # * # 2846579 # * # *
    - Press on MANUFACTURE MODE
    (7) We can connect the mobile phone and press on the magnifying glass we see on dc-unlocker and if we have done everything correctly the program it will detect our mobile phone
    (8) When the phone has been recognized we go to the UNLOCKING section and press on READ BOOTLOADER CODE, if we have done everything correctly we will get a code that we will enter somewhere so as not to lose it, we will need it later
    (I leave you the video dc-unlocker official guide on how to unlock bootloader if you have any doubts ---> Help
    (9) We disconnect the mobile phone from the computer

[BOOTLOADER UNLOCK]
    (1) After returning to the most recent version of android we turn on the mobile phone
    (2) We go to the system settings ---> information ----> do many taps until the message "you are now a developer "----> go back ----> developer options and activate the usb debug and the active voice unlock manufacturer
    (3) We connect the mobile phone to the computer, press on transfer files, go back to the developer settings and activate the debug , at this point the mobile will ask us to give permissions to our computer and we confirm
    (4) Let's go back to the desktop and at the top right click on file, open windows powershell, open windows poweshell as administrator and click on yes
    (5) We type the command "adb devices" (write it without quotes), we wait for the end of the 'execution of the command and type again the command "adb devices" (without quotes)
    and so we will see a number that corresponds to our mobile phone
    (6) We give the command "adb reboot bootloader" (without quotes) and we send
    (7) The mobile phone will start in a white screen with an android, the important thing is that two written in red appear with the words PHONE Unlocked and FRP Unlock
    (8) From the Widows poweshell screen opened previously we give the command "fastboot oem unlock CODICEBOOTLOADER" (without quotation marks) (CODICEBOOTLOADER refers to the code obtained with Dc-Unlocker) and press on
    enter (9) On the cellualre a warning will appear, press once the volume up key and then the power key to confirm the unlocking of the bootloader
    (10) When the procedure is finished, it will take very little time, we give the command "fastboot reboot" (without quotes) and when the mobile phone screen it will go black we unplug it
    (11) The cellualre will restart a couple of times with a white and other yellow writing, let it go, it will be returned to the factory settings and we will just have to skip all the configuration procedures but set the language in Italian
    Finally the bootloader is unlocked!
    I didn't, but a friend of mine with p20 lite succeeded unlocking!
    Knowing this sooner I would do it with this tool. Anyway good to knoe but I don't think I would stay with Huawei brand due to their anti-community mods policy.
    Knowing this sooner I would do it with this tool. Anyway good to knoe but I don't think I would stay with Huawei brand due to their anti-community mods policy.
    Yes, absolutelly. Why you prevent me to mod my phone if the phone is mine?